• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Covert Disinformation behind some UFOlogists

The CIA is responsible for much less UFO disinfo than people think...

It's other agencies- some you've heard of, some you haven't.

Schuyler- you can pick up your check at your local FBI office, Uncle Sam doesn't do Paypal.
Make sure to bring all your firearms and illegal drugs with you when you come on in :D

It's other agencies- some you've heard of, some you haven't.

Respectfully, I don't think cryptic statements like this advance the discussion much. Personally, I don't really know what is exactly going on with ufos and the global intelligence community. Are they interested or disinterested? Do they know something or hiding what they don't know? Who is they? I read interesting stories and hear tidbits of information but my perception of what is going on shifts constantly.

When I see a statement like this my first reaction is to interpret it as someone implying that they know more than they are willing to say. The trouble is that there are also people who have recognized that this tactic can be used to suggest things to the audience's imagination ad infinitum without ever having to make any kind of concrete statement that can be checked out.

I may be misinterpreting that statement and my profuse apologies if that is the case but my impression of that sentence is that you are stating that you are aware of agencies that are involved in covert ufo disinformation and that the rest of us, or at least the general public, have never even heard of these agencies.

Please enlighten us with specifics.

Please enlighten us with specifics.

Fair enough.

NSA, DNI, DoD, and many sub-agencies under these umbrellas.

Specific cases have been influenced by different groups for different reasons. Nothing can be proven 100% by any of us, but in many cases there are subtle and outward clues.

In any case of possible/probable disinfo, the first step in considering this possibility is to think about what the specific agency or agenda would have to gain/hide from said disinfo.

For example: the Philadelphia/Montauk 'experiments'. I think most will agree that SOMEthing happened that these stories were based off of. Maybe I'm wrong but I think also that many of us would also agree that in both cases the stories are largely fiction/disinfo.

In these cases one agency keeps coming up- Naval Intelligence. What do they have to gain by misdirecting or perpetuating the wild stories that come along in both cases? I'm not completely certain, but anyone who looks into both cases will find that DNI was involved. There was also a couple of crazy guys trying to make money, sell books, etc. but there is a basis that points to deliberate disinfo.

Look at how the Philadelphia story came out closely, and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

Whether or not ETs and such are real doesn't really matter as far as intelligence disinfo is concerned. If people will believe in something for one reason or another, people will try to use that belief (or disbelief) to their advantage. Whether to steer people away from the truth, get them tied up in irrelevant tangents, etc.

Psyops. Sometimes it appears to just be a test on how information is spread amongst the conspiracy crowd, and how it can be used.

Sorry if I was coming off as cryptic and thanks for calling me on it, I don't like ass-talking either :) Hopefully this post was more explanatory.

Sigh...

We just finished an "interview" with Stephen Bassett, where he stated that he reached out to Jeff Peckman to be part of his X-Conference because he was a credible media darling. Just like Paola Harris.

Yeah, this field is screwed beyond repair. I'm of the mind that we'll never get to the bottom of this situation, but instead, lots more morons will step up and fill the gap left by credible people who decide that they don't need much more of this nonsense.

dB

Wow, that's pretty sad, re: Peckman, etc. I was wondering what was going to come of this interview since the episode two weeks back. The two of you are the best thing to happen to this "subject" in decades. Keep it up.

Sorry if I was coming off as cryptic and thanks for calling me on it, I don't like ass-talking either :) Hopefully this post was more explanatory.

The quote above is why I thanked your post. I was wondering where you were coming from too, and nice to see someone not take offense and be humble in another's reply questioning you.

As I've stated in other posts, I stopped paying attention to Bassett years ago, for reasons I won't repeat here in detail. But in short, he was too new, and too certain. I've went into details elsewhere is why I am not repeating it here. Or, just blame laziness. I did compliment him, in terms of being of a "good heart". Unfortunately, given David's remarks, he is of bad mind..... I'm behind on the Paracast shows, but I think I will break my habit of not paying attention to Bassett and listen to this show. I hope, they break a new asshole in him, given the Peckman, Harris remarks.

Back