• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cosmonauts and the Space Whisper

Free versions of recent episodes:

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I have been reading articles from Nexus Magazine lately. Here is an intriguing one. Soviet cosmonauts have reported hearing or feeling a presence while in space. It can feel like an invisible being staring at you. One cosmonaut heard the Whisper tell him to return to Earth, he arrived too early and in the wrong fashion. An interesting article by Paul Stonehill.

Unfortunately it's not free. You have to purchase it on the Nexus Magazine website. I believe it is $1.10 US.

Michael Persinger would be a significantly pertinent name to google with respect to this sort of thing. I am not stating that this is automatically the case with respect to these cosmonauts, but this is not an uncommon phenomenon in the least. In fact a great deal of speculatists believe that this is what happen to those who befell their fate at the Dyatlov Pass.

Here is a link to a current relative article that's free: Test Subjects Made To See Ghosts In "Disturbing" Lab Experiment

Michael Persinger would be a significantly pertinent name to google with respect to this sort of thing. I am not stating that this is automatically the case with respect to these cosmonauts, but this is not an uncommon phenomenon in the least. In fact a great deal of speculatists believe that this is what happen to those who befell their fate at the Dyatlov Pass.

Here is a link to a current relative article that's free: Test Subjects Made To See Ghosts In "Disturbing" Lab Experiment
This article didn't have anything to do with ghosts or Dyatlov Pass to be honest. You have to read the article. There is much more to this story than what I mentioned here.

I have been reading articles from Nexus Magazine lately. Here is an intriguing one. Soviet cosmonauts have reported hearing or feeling a presence while in space. It can feel like an invisible being staring at you. One cosmonaut heard the Whisper tell him to return to Earth, he arrived too early and in the wrong fashion. An interesting article by Paul Stonehill.

There is a similar phenomenon that mountaineers report at higher altitudes where they report ghostly voices and feeling an unseen prescence, probably due to altitude and solitude. Did this article make mention of this phenomena or mention in any context the cosmonauts experiences ?

I realize that oxygen deprivation wouldn't have been a factor, nor probably solitude as they might have been accompanied by a crew member or two, but i wonder even if you're not alone but your crewmates are sleeping and you're out there in the vast emptiness of space. your imagination can probably get away from you.

Actually I'll just purchase the article @ 1.10 it won't break me, sounds interesting either way.

There is a similar phenomenon that mountaineers report at higher altitudes where they report ghostly voices and feeling an unseen prescence, probably due to altitude and solitude. Did this article make mention of this phenomena or mention in any context the cosmonauts experiences ?

I realize that oxygen deprivation wouldn't have been a factor, nor probably solitude as they might have been accompanied by a crew member or two, but i wonder even if you're not alone but your crewmates are sleeping and you're out there in the vast emptiness of space. your imagination can probably get away from you.

Actually I'll just purchase the article @ 1.10 it won't break me, sounds interesting either way.
This phenomenon did not relate to sleep deprivation. It happened to different cosmonauts on different space missions. One cosmonaut was told about things that happened in his life that only he would know about. This was the Oct./Nov. issue of Nexus.

Its not beyond the technical ability of any sufficiently advanced society

The Army grant to researchers at University of California, Irvine, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Maryland has two objectives. The first is to compose a message using, as D'Zmura puts it, "that little voice in your head."

Known as synthetic telepathy, the technology is based on reading electrical activity in the brain using an electroencephalograph, or EEG. Similar technology is being marketed as a way to control video games by thought.
"I think that this will eventually become just another way of communicating," said Mike D'Zmura, from the University of California, Irvine and the lead scientist on the project.

Army developing ‘synthetic telepathy’ - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com | NBC News

The idea of hearing voices in your head is treated differently from culture to culture. In Ethiopia not hearing voices is considered abnormal whereas in North America if you tell people you hear voices you're likely to get incarcerated or forced onto meds.

Learning to Live With the Voices in Your Head - The Atlantic

The whole concept of auditory hallucinations and inner voices is much more common than we think, especially among children. Perhaps under stress or while climbing mounting that inner monologue may feel like it's coming from somewhere else, but perhaps that knowledge of personal info points to a simpler point of origin for such voices.

There are numerous reports of individuals having visual and auditory hallucinations after long periods of being cut off from mainstream society. Examples are sometimes found among solo mountaineers and long distance sailors.

Of course--haven't read the actual article.

This article didn't have anything to do with ghosts or Dyatlov Pass to be honest. You have to read the article. There is much more to this story than what I mentioned here.

DaveM,
You do realize that you are spamming this article here right? I would love to discuss this article with you directly, but really, why should I have to pay to do that on a forum that's free? Certainly not you specifically, but I am so tired of this commercialized pay to play online mentality. Not to mention the highly selective (read: commercially censored) internet content limitation that's been imposed on the world post google. It's total BS. A magazine is made out of friggin' paper. You are supposed to actually own something material that you can pick up off a coffee table now, or fifty years from now. You should be able to resell it or wiper your bottom with it, and it's certainly NOT just a bunch of organized ones and zeros out there in cyber space somewhere.

If you want members to discuss this article respectfully here, respectfully make it available here in the context of this forum's pretense. That which is free of charge.

At least one doesn't have to purchase the whole issue if one is only interested in an article or two. Besides it's small potatoes compared to the whole ebook license vs. purchase argument. The idea of plunking down $10-$15 for something and find that it may be yanked from your ebook reader the next time you sync up is worth being concerned about.

DaveM,
You do realize that you are spamming this article here right? I would love to discuss this article with you directly, but really, why should I have to pay to do that on a forum that's free? Certainly not you specifically, but I am so tired of this commercialized pay to play online mentality. Not to mention the highly selective (read: commercially censored) internet content limitation that's been imposed on the world post google. It's total BS. A magazine is made out of friggin' paper. You are supposed to actually own something material that you can pick up off a coffee table now, or fifty years from now. You should be able to resell it or wiper your bottom with it, and it's certainly NOT just a bunch of organized ones and zeros out there in cyber space somewhere.

If you want members to discuss this article respectfully here, respectfully make it available here in the context of this forum's pretense. That which is free of charge.
I simply said that there was an article in Nexus Magazine about Cosmonauts and the voices they heard in space. I did mention that the article was not available online and that it cost one dollar and change to read it. So what is your problem? Is it cheapness or something else?? I have nothing to do with Nexus, if that is what you are implying. If I could have given a link so cheapskates like you could read it, I would have, so chill out.

DaveM,

PS... Everything in life is not free, so get used to it...

I simply said that there was an article in Nexus Magazine about Cosmonauts and the voices they heard in space. I did mention that the article was not available online and that it cost one dollar and change to read it. So what is your problem? Is it cheapness or something else?? I have nothing to do with Nexus, if that is what you are implying. If I could have given a link so cheapskates like you could read it, I would have, so chill out.

Fuck You Dave, anything else you'd like to know?

Here's the direct link to the article on Nexus Magazine. It's $1.50 in the U.S. if anyone wants to get it (and if you do, please share/paraphrase some info so we can have a discussion.)
Vol. 21, No. 6 - Downloads : COSMONAUTS ON UFOS AND STRANGE PHENOMENA

I would love to salvage something resembling a civil conversation on this topic, so I'm throwing this out there as well:
Church of Ufology: COSMONAUTS SAW ANGELS

And this:
10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!, page 1

What I would love to discuss is if these cosmonauts are truly experiencing a 'presence' versus neurological/psychological problems due to stress and intense isolation.

Any ideas?

Some media of the Angels flying inside a three billion yesr old star cluster, NGC-3532.
russian_angels-580x360.jpg

angelsc.jpg

angel2-203x177.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to salvage something resembling a civil conversation on this topic, so I'm throwing this out there as well:
Church of Ufology: COSMONAUTS SAW ANGELS

And this:
10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!, page 1

What I would love to discuss is if these cosmonauts are truly experiencing a 'presence' versus neurological/psychological problems due to stress and intense isolation.

Any ideas?
Agreed on salvaging civility.

I read some of the church's literature and other belief oriented perspectives that bring biblical quotes into the discussion as well. I'm not sure what to make of the way quotes from the cosmonauts are presented to us here in the west. Seems to me they get turned into a bunch of apostles or something:
Cosmonaut-Head-Shots.jpg

and we ultimately translate what they saw/experienced into a confirmation of a Christian worldview. That part I find to be a little bizarre and confabulated like this:
1379553079-paper.png

But the idea of presence seems a natural consequence of particiating in these frontiers of human experience. They are pushing the boundaries of human leadership and team experiences. Given how many of the astronauts have died horribly during missions I feel that this new human spacefaring tribe is still in its infancy of cultural development. Many have come back 'touched.' They are an isolated, fragile branch of humanity doing awesome things. They've been biologically rearranged what with their changing heart shapes, peeling fingernails, bone density, muscle issues, increased likelihood if different defects - makes one wonder if we were really meant to escape gravity? Maybe that new human experience has put us in contact with something genuinely new, and on the fringes of our own perceptual capacities?
sun%20outer%20space%20planets%20astronomy%20astronauts%20spaceships%20asteroids%20cosmonaut_wallpaperswa.com_46.jpg

Or maybe we get so disoriented by the this new frontier that we start to hear voices - sounds like an evolved self-defense, survivalist trait. You have to coach yourself into disciplined mindfulness up in space. I'd be hearing all kinds of voices if I was up there, and probably talking to myself out loud each minute to stay calm.

Last edited:
Back