• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coral Castle

Bixyboo

Skilled Investigator
Hey:

I know this one isn't an 'ancient mystery' but it's still a fascinating mystery:)

Anyone wanna discuss how he built this castle all by himself?

Some say he 'levitated' the huge tons of rock using sound.

Theories?

Bixyboo said:
Some say he 'levitated' the huge tons of rock using sound.

This is very interesting because sound to most people just means noise or something they sense with their ears. How can it be used to manipulate objects? What is (apparent and) amazing is that it is a wave. Waves are cool in the fact that they can transmit energy directly to objects. Example: a bass beat can be felt in your chest, a high pitched noise can break glass, lithotripsy can break up kidney stones without invasive surgery. If studied and used correctly, could a single man use it to raise and lower huge blocks of stone?

Ed Leedskalnin claims to have learned his trade from reading a book about Egyptian pyramid building. I have heard claims of Egyptians, those who constructed the Easter Island monuments, and the builders of Stonehenge used sound to manipulate stone. What is blatantly obvious is that these are supposed to be ancient cultures (and one man), so how could they have developed sound technology better than us (very cynical comment).

Truly, sound can send reverberations through objects and force them to vibrate. Vibrations reduce friction by magnitudes. Turn the base up in your car and set an object on the dashboard. Maybe the movement and positioning of these megaliths deals more with friction resistance than levitation.

In addition, elephants can communicate over tens of miles by very low frequency vocalizations. Whales behave similarly with a different frequency due to a different medium, water versus air. Has anyone researched the reverberation energy required to manipulate certain types of stone namely limestone (coral castle and pyramid components)? Wait, I’m the geologist/biologist maybe I should be…

I suspect that rather than using a "device" of some sort, a coupling of vocal based sound and directed force of will are used.

Several years ago I experimented heavily with this, and indeed produced tangible results, though nothing that lifted objects. I could have easily seen these experiments potentially leading to such though.

Frozen E.T. Burrito said:
Several years ago I experimented heavily with this, and indeed produced tangible results, though nothing that lifted objects. I could have easily seen these experiments potentially leading to such though.

E.T., please indulge me and describe your experiments!

Seth said:
E.T., please indulge me and describe your experiments!

I experimented with breath control and allowing natural (for lack of better word) sounds (generally what I would believe to be sub or supersonic... at any rate not audible) to resonate all through my body. I would practice for hours and hours every day. It began having effect on sensitive items from time to time, for instance a television (CRT with a picture tube)... the image on the screen would sorta split off into ghost images and whatnot. I was told that that was a result of the interaction of the vibrations with the gas in the tube.

Frozen E.T. Burrito said:
I experimented with breath control and allowing natural (for lack of better word) sounds (generally what I would believe to be sub or supersonic... at any rate not audible) to resonate all through my body.

What generated these sounds and how did you know they were present?

Bixyboo said:
Anyone wanna discuss how he built this castle all by himself?

OK Bixyboo, you heard my take, what's your thoughts on the "castle"?

Here’s the stuff I can remember:
Ed was also a strange guy and was hurt badly by a love triangle. If I remember correctly the phrase "Sweet 16" was his invention [I always think of him when I see that "Super Sweet 16" show advertised :D]. People that go through sever trauma tend to be wired up slightly different after the fact. Could this have something to do with it?

So he slept little, he read a lot, he had a 8th-grade education, he was into engineering, electrical systems and magnetism, he had a understanding of physics, he weighed nearly 100 pounds, he was a sculptor, he invented machinery from discarded auto parts, he supposedly picked the location of coral castle from ley lines, he was Latvian, anything else?

The guy had an intense interest in magnetism and wrote a few books [articles] on the matter. Maybe he didn’t use sound at all, maybe he was using magnetism???

Seth said:
What generated these sounds and how did you know they were present?

I generated the sounds... it was a vibration of my entire body (at least). I know they were present because they were moving throughout my entire body (at least).

Hi guys,

Over the years I've taken alot of road trips to videotape strange sites, and one of the places I've visited was Coral Castle. It's a really fascinating place to see in person, and there are other mysterious factors of this castle besides just the massive weight of these stones. For example, one of the 9-ton stones was made into a revolving door set into one of the walls. This stone door was only vaguely rectangular and definitely not perfectly symmetrical, and yet Ed was able to fasten the stone by its center of gravity so perfectly that a child was able to push open this giant door. Over the years due to constant human contact, the door doesn't swing quite as effortlessly as it used to, but I was still able to push it around on its pivot point.

The tallest area is a thin obelisk with a circular hole at the top. I was told that the north star can be permanently seen through this hole. Unfortunately I was there in the daytime so I didn't get to verify this.

He also made these spheres which represented the various planets of the solar system. Strangely enough, there was a plant growing out of the sphere that represented mars. Ed said this was a purposeful act and symbolized the fact that mars was inhabited with life.

As a side note for anyone here who doesn't know, acoustic levitation is a reality and has been publicly known since the 80s. Here is a video of small objects being levitated with sound. Keep in mind that this video is from the 80s!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ping pong balls are one thing, 10-ton stones are another thing indeed! It is really perplexing how he was able to make that structure.

BrandonD said:
Strangely enough, there was a plant growing out of the sphere that represented mars. Ed said this was a purposeful act and symbolized the fact that mars was inhabited with life.

Never heard this one. Has he elaborated on this? Very fascinating! :eek:

Sorry to spoil the party but this guy, Wally T. Wallington, has figured out how to move extremely large and heavy objects by himself without wheels, pulleys, machinery, or any modern equipment. Just using gravity, counterweights, and simple lever principles he is able to move an entire barn by himself. Truly ingenious and amazing. He is just a simple carpenter.

You may not accept that this is how the Coral Castle, the Pyramids, or Stonehenge were built but to say it is impossible without some mysterious technology is simply not true.

Here is the evidence:

The Forgotten Technology
The Forgotten Technology
The Forgotten Technology
The Forgotten Technology

As I recall there are photos showing the builder with pulleys and other equipment at the Coral Castle. Didn't Leedskalnin's himself say that he did it using principles of weight and leverage? Although he said, "I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids," he may have been referring to the latter.

Archimedes, the great Greek engineer, mathematician, physicist, and generally incredible scientist of ancient times (200 BC) once said that given a long enough lever and a place to stand he could move the world.

Excellent job Astroboy! Good vid too! Wally makes that look simple. I am forwarding that video to a history professor I know. :D

Seth said:
Excellent job Astroboy! Good vid too! Wally makes that look simple. I am forwarding that video to a history professor I know. :D

Thanks, Seth.

All history teachers should look at this guys work to get a good idea of the possible explanations of how many ancient builders accomplished their work.

I find it very compelling that the demostration he uses of pulling a large concrete block up a ramp using his own body as a counterweight on an opposite ramp also supports a current theory of why the long narrow Grand Gallery at the Great Pyramid was built. Some scholars believe this chamber was used to haul up the massive blocks of stone that support the King's chamber.

I hate to repeat myself but ancient people were a lot smarter than modern folks give them credit for. I'm sure that if a simple carpenter could figure this out the ancients did too.

I sometimes hear that ancients did things with large stones that we are not capable of today. Well, this is ridiculous. There is simply no practical reason why anyone needs to use a single piece of stone that weights 100 tons to build anything. We're able to build far larger and taller structures than the ancients could've dreamed of.

Hmm, a little contradictory.

The host says that no one has figured out how the Coral Castle was built and suggests the lame levitation theory again. Yet, in the last 30 seconds the video clearly shows photos of the builder with a chain and pulley rig. WTF?

Astroboy said:
Hmm, a little contradictory.

The host says that no one has figured out how the Coral Castle was built and suggests the lame levitation theory again. Yet, in the last 30 seconds the video clearly shows photos of the builder with a chain and pulley rig. WTF?

Dunno, I didn't watch the vid lol.

Paranormal Packrat said:

Argh!!!

As a moderator you should deduct and star from your profile and go sit in the corner for an hour for posting a video you didn't watch. :mad:

Astroboy said:
Paranormal Packrat said:

Argh!!!

As a moderator you should deduct and star from your profile and go sit in the corner for an hour for posting a video you didn't watch. :mad:

Why? Even if there was cussing in the vid, that's not against the rules. Nothing against the rules for posting contradictions either.

I did watch a little bit of it, just not a lot. I should have said, I didn't watch the vid in it's entirety.

Does anyone have a video explaining how one finds the perfect center of gravity in a 10 ton asymmetrical stone, fashioning it into a revolving door that a child can swing open?

Perhaps this is easy as pie, I dunno I'm not an engineer. But something tells me it might be rather difficult with pulleys, logs and ropes.

Back