• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Conspiracy Theories

Mark Lane made a huge deal of the claim that the rifle couldn’t have managed the feat.
Hi Gene ... not sure what Mark's claims are ... but if one of them was that the Oswald rifle was not sighted in properly I would be cautious.

YES , it is true that after the assassination the rifle was test fired and was off target.

But any hunter or marksman will tell you that if a rifle scope is bumped for whatever reason , it needs to be sighted in again to regain accuracy. Oswald tossed his rifle aside on the 6th floor .... it was handled and manhandled by many police .... transported by car to sheriff office ... and who knows what else it went through before it was tested.

Bump a scope a couple of thousanths of an inch and it will affect trajectory by several inches by the time it reaches the target

Hi Gene ... not sure what Mark's claims are ... but if one of them was that the Oswald rifle was not sighted in properly I would be cautious.

YES , it is true that after the assassination the rifle was test fired and was off target.

But any hunter or marksman will tell you that if a rifle scope is bumped for whatever reason , it needs to be sighted in again to regain accuracy. Oswald tossed his rifle aside on the 6th floor .... it was handled and manhandled by many police .... transported by car to sheriff office ... and who knows what else it went through before it was tested.

Bump a scope a couple of thousanths of an inch and it will affect trajectory by several inches by the time it reaches the target
I've been watching Bryce Zabel's Dark Skies and am sticking with the theory that the MIB were in on it ? :p

Last edited:
To Follow-Up: I'm now finished watching Bryce Zabel's Dark Skies and it was every bit as good ( if not better in it's own way ) than The X-Files. It has so many relevant details, including what appears to be actual era footage, and all sorts of characters based on real people. IMO it has never received the attention it deserves. I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally see the whole series. There's no question it's docufiction, but it deserves it's own Fan Wiki. And it deserved more seasons! For what it is, it's a freaking ( albeit perhaps unfinished ) alien cult culture masterpiece :cool:

BTW: This has me reconsidering MJ-12 in a more serious light too.

Last edited:
Rethinking MJ-12

Yes, I've heard all the reasons why the MJ-12 documents have been dismissed as fakes or forgeries, however while watching Bryce Zabel's dark Skies, I realized that if there were a super secret UFO working group, then planting disinformation to quell suspicions about their existence would be a relatively minor and expected part of their operations. Logically, proof of forgeries also doesn't disprove the existence of such a group.

We can cite lack of "proof" until the cows come home ( from space or wherever they're taking them ), but given that people in their own ranks, as well as regular citizens, know alien visitation is a reality, to think that nobody up-there in the system takes UFOs seriously and monitors what's going on, just isn't reasonable. There has to be protocols and procedures that are overseen by by somebody someplace ?

Back