• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Conspiracy skeptic Aug 30

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this one on the "guest suggestion" thread, when someone posted something about 9-11. I apologize. This is the thread where it shoud be posted. So here I go:

I'm not familiar with all the conspiracy theories on 9-11, but I find quite interesting to see that conspiracy theories are mostly an American cultural phenomenon.

And guys, I don't want to make any judgements here as for the truth behind conspiracy theorists' claims. I'm a skeptic, but who knows?

It's just that, for me (and I speak as someone who's looking from the ouside), it is funny to see how Americans seem to come up with a dark, shadowy explanation for every major story that's out there. Here in Brazil we don't need to be that creative. Every now and then a huge political or financial scandal comes to light. It's so common that people don't even bother anymore. And I'm talking about really sad and nasty stuff. In 2005, for example, a bribery scheme surfaced in which the president's party would pay the Congress a monthly fee so the representatives in rival parties would pass every bill in the president's agenda. Right now, the president of our Senate is accused of illegally employing friends and family members. In 1992, we impeached a president on the grounds of a huge corruption scheme.

Maybe for people living in the US, life seems a little too good to be true. It's like you guys looked around and thought, "Ok, what's the catch? There MUST be something wrong".

I took a view at the guests website and while I'm all for the "agree to disagree" concept he lost ALL credibility while doing two shows on the Federal Reserve "Conspiracy" that he claims.

What a bunch of shit! It's one thing to be ignorant/uninformed and act as some "debunker" but if you do the time to research and read on the Federal Reserve and claim that it's a "conspiracy theory" to claim it is a private business and not a government agency then quite frankly you are a fucking dumber then a rock.

Has he done an episode on the Federal Reserve? I'll have to check. The episodes I've heard so far seemed pretty good. Would be nice for him to present a podcast with faults in his own arguments as it would help with any criticism about his credibility.

Has he done an episode on the Federal Reserve? I'll have to check. The episodes I've heard so far seemed pretty good. Would be nice for him to present a podcast with faults in his own arguments as it would help with any criticism about his credibility.

He did two of them Jose, back-to-back.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cvaio%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cvaio%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Karl Mamor. What a rough episode to listen to. Downloading, his podcast(s) right now to see if he backs any of his skeptic opinions, with stone cold research.

"Would Kelly Johnson have more credibility then your average person on viewing something in the sky?" (paraphrasing)

"No."

:frown:

I'm kind of mailing it in after that.

I'll listen to his Federal Reserve episodes. I've found them interesting from the episodes I've heard so far but most of what I've heard has come from his guests and he really doesn't contribute that much.

I'll have a listen to his podcast I guess but I wasn't too impressed. He really didn't have any real arguments to support his hesitation about stories. It seemed more like debunker rather than skeptic to me.

I'm guessing once I listen to his show I may think more highly of him. During this show though, too many of his arguments lacked any real evidence or anything. It was basically just stuff like "maybe he didn't remember correctly" or the equivalent of "that is very far fetched and therefor untrue because (insert generic what-if here)... at least that's how he seemed to come across to me. He was laid back and pleasant about it, but it was still what it was.

The problem is, it's not his responsibility to present proof against the conspiracies he presents. The bourdon of proof is on the conspiracy theorists.

It also amazes me people think this guy is a debunker. I mean, what exactly is a debunker anyway?

I kind of think he's a little smug though and if he didn't have guests, then his show would be a bore.

The problem is, it's not his responsibility to present proof against the conspiracies he presents. The bourdon of proof is on the conspiracy theorists.

It also amazes me people think this guy is a debunker. I mean, what exactly is a debunker anyway?

I kind of think he's a little smug though and if he didn't have guests, then his show would be a bore.

No, I think you get me wrong. I meant the arguments he was using on the Paracast to suggest someone's testimony wasn't credible.

so he can just blather like an idiot about something he knows very little about and that is ok, and the theorist is supposed to prove a theory... :rolleyes:

funny jose. well played sir. but i was not a guest on the show that is supposed to know something about his field. nice sidestep on your part tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back