• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness and Manifestation

It starts and ends with thoughts.

“Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think. So start each day by thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for. Your future will depend very largely on the thoughts you think today. So think thoughts of hope and confidence and love and success.” ~ Dale Carnegie

Positivity thinking is the merest twinkling - the camel's nose under the tent flap - of what manifestation is pointing towards which is nothing less than a transformation of humanity. It's true. And where is the verification? Every person verifies it for themselves - no authority - only one's own intuition doing the quickening. No High Priest or Priestess - no external authority - no Scientist - only ourselves - and that's power, that's a change in the very structure of how human beings exists on the planet. In verifying the reality of what we are as humans the whole game changes for every individual. [I am reminded of a phrase an old esoteric teacher once used: an MMP Jump he called it - Multiple Manifestation Jump.] This does not admit 'relativism' Truth and reality exist and can be accessed by each individual - and when done - the resonance of the whole shifts. Agreement/Harmony is 'automatic'.

Humanity is altering - always has been - and we are always entering a future where humanity is - and will be - very different. So much paranormal stuff is based on the past and the prosaic present - current psychological biases and capacities. Postulations regarding an 'alien presence' are from out of now (not the future) - a replay of the Wild West or Rome. It's like reading Jules Verne and accepting the Victorian parlor as the decor of the submarine.

Manifestation requires an actual inner transformation - the old alchemists knew what they were saying.

"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet." ~ Niels Bohr (October 7, 1885 - November 18, 1962)

Last edited:
Anyone ever hear of Jean Gebser ? Home

TEXT: "Jean Gebser (1905-1973) was a German poet, philosopher, and phenomenologist of consciousness. He is best known for his magisterial opus, 'The Ever-Present Origin' ('Ursprung und Gegenwart', 1949-1953), in which he articulates the structures and mutations of consciousness underpinning pivotal shifts in human civilization. Gebser’s key insight was that as consciousness mutates toward its innate integrality, it drastically restructures human ontology and with it civilisation as a whole."

The final sentence in this short precis of Gebser's thinking is pretty darn close to what Abraham-Hicks is saying - especially when s/he says we are - as consciousness and consciously creating beings - 'the cutting edge of creation".

Interesting to read about Gebser in Wikipedia - LINK: Jean Gebser - Wikipedia

Many names I recognize: William Irwin Thompson, for one, and: "In 'A Secret History of Consciousness' (2003) cultural historian Gary Lachman links Gebser's work to that of other alternative philosophers of consciousness, such as Owen Barfield, Rudolf Steiner, Colin Wilson, and Jurij Moskvitin."

This change at the cutting edge of consciousness is definitely a thread running through esoteric science/philosophy.

Abraham-Hicks is the most immediately accessible immersion into this cutting-edge consciousness experience of creation. Trippy! ;)
In the Abraham-Hicks case there is definitely moments when meditation is recommended (though there are no real instructions - just suggestions, guidance) but what sets this stream apart as unique is it's real-time creation of the epistemology as it unfolds with people present - and the verification? each individual.

Interesting turn-about: the orientation of this philosophy - anyone reading this have the experience of manifestation? What is being assaulted is the general belief that thoughts are not as powerful or real as 'things' - matter/substance. There is a massive belief (about reality) under which most of humanity labors. This is changing with a psychological/philosophical postulation like manifestation via Abraham-Hicks - and via quantum science. Fascinating moment in time and space.

Coming to Abraham-Hicks requires a rapid coming-up-to-speed with the terminology being used but it's not really jargon - it's pretty ordinary language, should be easily grasped with sustained attention.

"Here we are in this manifestation - what people commonly do is they stand in the manifestation and try to deduce what caused it [the manifestation] instead of just acknowledging - like it or don't like it - think I'll move on - instead they want so much to explain why this moment is like it is, how they got there, who said what, who meant what, who did what. You keep your self all twirled up in this stuff where you have no power, practicing vibrations that are not your own, until you've got momentum about thoughts that are not true, that are in the way of desires that are real." Abraham-Hicks speaking in real-time in consciousness. Keep in mind that the communication is happening lightening quick from 'the spiritual perspective'. The 'other side'. Not from the material universe side perspective.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Toxic Battle of Beliefs and Desires - Abraham Hicks 2018

Well, fancy this, Abraham has answered questions about UFOs. :p

Context: My bias is massaged when Abraham indicates that (our) government is not capable of conspiracy of the order (usually) postulated in the area of ufos. It is in fact - in my view - where ufology breaks down: the conspiracy theories - for a whole raft of reasons I will not go into here. Anyway, Abraham makes a quick 'tick' regarding that and then segues into the vibrational explanation.

From January 5, 2016: "Abraham explains why some experience UFO sightings and Alien encounters and if Extraterrestrial life exists here or in other planets." Her explanation does not posit that material stuff (ships) is being transferred around the universe.

It's possible that one may need to be more up-to-speed to understand what she is suggesting, but I think not.

Keep in mind that the pre-suppostion is that the universe is imbued with consciousness. ('Alive' is different, connected to this place). She will talk about the human being using the analogy of a 'tuner', tuning into vibrations, etc. Esther Hicks does not view herself as a 'channeler' - she sees what she does as interpreting 'blocks of thought' into language.

Abraham posits that no others are coming here 'looking around' or we going someplace else to 'look around'. This is a 'time of awakening' (she says) because as we are evolving biologically, we are also evolving vibrationally (vibration her word - what that may mean is for you to decide). This means that we (some of us, all of us, one way or another) are developing so that we can 'see' at different vibrations.

Last edited:
From November 30, 2014: How to see an extraterrestrial spaceship

P.S. I don't think the questioner understands what Abraham is answering. Questioner bound up in her belief system. I myself don't accept what she is saying regarding angels because of my esoteric background. So - play with it. It's all interesting to consider.

Last edited:
From April 30, 2016: Did the Annunaki Aliens create us out of their DNA

A poster comments: "Abraham avoids explaining the 'past' because the past is as variable as the future. Time is unique to earth. From non physical perspective, all events here happen at once. So there exists a vibrational past where aliens did create humans in the same sense that there is a future in which the sun will rise tomorrow. The only difference is that the momentum behind the sun rising is enormous. That experience is more likely to be revealed to us. If Abraham acknowledges that aliens created humans, then the attention to that vibrational reality will likely cause evidence to come into being. Abraham wants to empower us to be the creators of our own reality and does not want to take that power away from us by deciding our past for us."

Last edited:
From August 13, 2015: Are beings from other planets abducting humans?

A poster comments: "I have personally had many alien interactions. I've been through the whole range of emotions from fear to love about it. I have concluded that the more I dug into it the more involved and down the rabbit hole I fell which wasn't doing my personal frequencies any benefit. I knew I had to come to terms with myself and that I am the one who controls what I want to experience.

"All along I have sensed that Abraham isn't too interested in talking about this subject because their mission is to get us into the awareness and alignment of our own personal power. I have been listening to the Abraham teachings since they first came to the planet.

"Another wise teacher I studied under said....'If you come face to face with any other beings that come from other places in the universe, greet them from the perspective of The Lord God of Your Being to the Lord God of their Being" (Which is great love and compassion). All creation has the same God Source energy within them.'

"There are plenty of other teachers and channels out there who are willing to talk about the subject of aliens. I can certainly appreciate very much that Abraham helps us stay so focused so that we can open to our full potential. Its all about where we choose to vibrate."

I will cease posting Abraham videos that explore the ufo realm (sort of) because I view Abraham's major focus as too interesting for that deflection. In fact, Abraham doesn't usually answer the questions directly outside 'their' purpose.

Abraham is a fascinating 'manifestation' in current times. ;) 'They' are not occult - meaning it's not knowledge based. However, even so, Abraham answers in very interesting ways. Lots of food for thought - as well as an actual discipline to engage (if one is so inclined).

From December 12, 2014: Parallel universe and explanation of law of attraction (Sorry there is an ad on this video)

Note: Abraham altered over time. At some point they answered far-ranging (knowledge) questions (about all sorts of 'alien' stuff) but ceased that, focussing instead on the Law of Attraction as their 'mission', focussing the individual on the here and now and future. (The past would be occult - knowledge - not their 'mission'). In the previous post's video, in fact, Abraham indicates that going down these byways of thinking are not productive for (most) humans. [The Occult Path of Development is not for everyone, nor is it necessary that all possess occult knowledge from personal initiation - it is an arduous climb, beset with countless pitfalls and englamoured snares, and best left to those whose destiny calls them to it.]

Anecdote (I have told before): Rudolf Steiner was an esoteric/occult teacher in the early 1900's. At the turn of that century there was a great buzz regarding life on other planets due to the occult histories published in the 1800's (Blavatsky et al). During a Q&A after a lecture, Steiner was asked this question: 'Is there life on other planets?' It is reported that Steiner lowered his head and closed his eyes, staying in this 'meditative' stance for an unusually long time (5 minutes? 10 minutes?). When he came out of his abstraction his answer was - he would not answer the question because his destiny was to focus humanity onto this earth. To answer that question would be to set in motion a deflection away from this earth. [Along those lines.]

In effect, Abraham stated the same thing and returned to a focus on the Law of Attraction.

Abraham Hicks is in quite another league from other proponents of manifestation. Esther Hicks is (for lack of a word) 'channeling' a consortium of entities that go by the single name of 'Abraham'. Esther's delivery as 'Abraham' is seamless and exceptional. The content of the material is what I find remarkable - it is on a level of detail and philosophical coherence that surpasses anything I have here-to-fore read or heard in manifestation texts. (Neville remains 'the Master' in many ways for me, but Abraham is adjusting and explaining in real time to a contemporary audience so it's impressive to watch).
Alternative Points of View:

Last edited:
Manifestation requires an actual inner transformation - the old alchemists knew what they were saying.

It starts and ends with thoughts.

@Tyger, since a) aeons of biological evolution of species' lived experiences of being-in-the-world precede and shape 'thought' [i.e. 'thinking' that constitutes the development of reflective consciousness], and since b) that which is sensed and learned about being/existence in pre-reflective consciousness is the product of affordances of protoconscious experience originating deep in nature and dependent on the coexistence of interacting poles of subjectivity and objectivity, I can't reconcile your two statements quoted above. I think it's apparent that we have to look much more closely into nature and biological evolution to discover the roots of consciousness and recognize its capacities, and the limits of these capacities, to shape the actual world to our needs and desires. In other words, we can't 'think away' the pressures and complexities of being-in-the-world among others like, and unlike, ourselves who possess varying desires, needs, problems, aspirations, etc., and by an act of the 'mind' -- a 'higher-order' thought -- replace this complex actual world with an imaginary version of the world that suits us better and in which our own style of existence is guaranteed.

I posted the following citation, extract, and link in the 'Consciousness and the Paranormal' thread yesterday which provides support for the viewpoint I've expressed above:

Consciousness and the Paranormal — Part 11

Last edited:
It is far more helpful - if you are genuinely interested in dialog, real discussion - to post your own thoughts - or relate such things as you believe are relevant in the above links - in your own words. Instead of having someone go into links and try to find what it is that you think is relevant. I went ahead and looked at the links - though it was some time back so I can't recall which link, and it's possible I linked within a link - but if you go into the Q&A on one of the blog links, there is an outstanding conversation that eventuates between the blogger and a poster (NOT the poster who writes capitalizing every word :rolleyes: - the other one).

The conversational exchange is so good (and respectful) I am tempted to drag come of the content over here because the dialog is exactly between a materialist (such as often frequent such threads to diss) and someone who 'gets' the subtlety of 'spiritual' perspective while at the same time being well-grounded in science.

Most of this discussion regarding manifestation will be nonsensical to a materialist since the a priori assumptions of the world views are substantially different.

The materialist world view is essential authority driven from 'out there'. The individual is disempowered because unknowable. The materialist scientific view posits an impossible task for it self, that results in an endless circle game of logic. (Pick your logic/poison).

The position of the spiritually biased scientist is empowering. It is authority driven only in the sense that the it is the individual who is the final arbiter and the source. There is indeed an underlying reality but that reality is accessed by the individual, and it is by individuals accessing that reality that a shared revelation occurs of 'what is'. There are no disconnects except where rooted in lower regions (emotional/mental). The emotional/mental is the pivot point between what is above (supra-spiritual) and what is below (physical sheaths and sub-spiritual). 'Spirit' exists behind everything we 'see'. And what we 'see' (experience) with our senses (of which there are 12, not just 5) is a narrow sliver along the scale of vibration/manifestation.

As with anything, discernment is required. Abraham Hicks is not to be 'accepted' whole sale, nothing should. But the power of manifestation is that people come to it and recognize it's truth because they have already experienced it operating in their lives. They 'believe' not because they have removed all analysis from their thinking, but because it is in sync with a profound personal experience. It validates what someone has already sensed occurring.

Starting this thread my hope was to have a discussion with others who may be using manifestation in their lives. As always, I am not a proselytizer. I share my enthusiasm. Neville Goddard remains the quintessential teacher of manifestation imo. Wayne Dyer is a credible 2nd (but still outstripped by Neville imo). Abraham Hicks is important because it is current (the presenter is alive) and can be accessed in current time ('workshops' held year-long and endless opportunities to listen to for free on-line, as on YouTube).

Debating materialism is not the purpose of this thread. The same holds for other threads on this site that have dedicated purposes. For example, I have very definite views on alien abduction that don't jive with the views of self-professed abductees. I don't go on the abductee threads and relentlessly harangue said abductees with my contrary to their views, in the hope of 'saving them' to the 'better view'. I expect the same courtesy here. Understand that there is a distinct difference in assumptions between a materialist and anyone else who sees the world/universe/creation as starting from a spiritual reality. It's a fundamental difference.

So saying, here's hoping that this thread does not get co-opted by materialist discourse, which can be found on other threads here.

Here is Neville Goddard (1905-1972). It is a 'record recording'. Interesting to listen to from an historical technology perspective alone.

As a poster states: "[We] do this all the time unknowingly. But now I practice this all the time. If you can imagine it you can experience it. The universe will rearrange itself just for you."

Hi, Constance - I've been on walk-about. Back for a bit of posting. Hoping you are still around. :)
@Tyger, since a) aeons of biological evolution of species' lived experiences of being-in-the-world precede and shape 'thought' [i.e. 'thinking' that constitutes the development of reflective consciousness],
This is not an assumption I accept. I would suggest that it is, in fact, 'thought' (of a kind) that 'precedes' (in a sense because fundamentally it is happening simultaneously) the 'aeons of biological evolution'. It is thought (using that word loosely) that lies 'behind' the physical manifestations.

The physical manifestations and steady 'movement' of manifestations are the emergence of an activity taking place on subtle levels. A spiritual universe is in 'motion' with beings that are creating the physical vehicles that allow the spiritual beings to progressively 'take hold' of the physical universe.

It's like building a ship to traverse the ocean. There is a lot of preliminary actively necessary before one can set sail on the ocean. Same in this case, the spiritual beings had to do a lot of 'evolution' of the physical universe before the emergence of a human form could occur capable of thought. But at all times, during this vast process, humankind was present, albeit 'held back', present 'ethereally' (so to speak). [Note: Fun fact - in this sense, one can say that humankind was present when the dinosaurs were on the earth ;) in an occult sense.]
and since b) that which is sensed and learned about being/existence in pre-reflective consciousness is the product of affordances of protoconscious experience originating deep in nature and dependent on the coexistence of interacting poles of subjectivity and objectivity, I can't reconcile your two statements quoted above.
If you do recognize consciousness as existing prior to everything, and existing now within/behind everything, then there is a major disconnect between our views. Yes.
I think it's apparent that we have to look much more closely into nature and biological evolution to discover the roots of consciousness and recognize its capacities, and the limits of these capacities, to shape the actual world to our needs and desires.
In doing so one is looking at the end results rather than the actual causes. Like with a scientist who wants to understand the human body: studying a corpse tells the scientist nothing except gives him/her an outdated map of a living system. Same with what you are suggesting: all of the biology and study (while having value of its own) does not actually reveal the living system that created such traces.
In other words, we can't 'think away' the pressures and complexities of being-in-the-world among others like, and unlike, ourselves who possess varying desires, needs, problems, aspirations, etc., and by an act of the 'mind' -- a 'higher-order' thought -- replace this complex actual world with an imaginary version of the world that suits us better and in which our own style of existence is guaranteed.
But we can. Not in an instant, of course, because we are bound by time in this universe. However, take the bolded, this is a discussion about the individual, what the individual is capable of doing, and is in fact doing all the time. We are creating our lives all the time. We are where we find ourselves because of that creation. But like time and gravity we must follow the bread crumbs to understand how this takes place.
I posted the following citation, extract, and link in the 'Consciousness and the Paranormal' thread yesterday which provides support for the viewpoint I've expressed above:
Consciousness and the Paranormal — Part 11
You know me. Constance, I am unlikely to do a great deal of reading on-line for these discussions. I will read your text in your own words. ;) However, a quick survey of the material indicates it is a description of 'what is' according to the worthy work of someone. All good. But it is in the focus on the 'what is' that locks us out of our creation. This is where manifestation will hit a rock and hard place: beliefs and a failure to dispense with 'what is'.

Last edited:
Here is Neville Goddard (1905-1972). It is a 'record recording'. Interesting to listen to from an historical technology perspective alone.

You might find this link very helpful: Neville Goddard - MindSerpent
Others might like this one: The Truth About the Law of Attraction

Personally, I find the idea that using our imagination to realize our objectives is just common sense, but that there's a huge difference between that and expecting a duffel bag full of money fall out of the sky just because one can imagine it. More interestingly, maybe you can tell us a bit about your walkabout and any successful manifestations you may have experienced yourself.

Last edited:
Randle, since Gene has asked us to 'play nice' ......... :cool:
Personally, I find the idea that using our imagination to realize our objectives is just common sense, but that there's a huge difference between that and expecting a duffel bag full of money fall out of the sky just because one can imagine it.
There is a difference between your meaning of 'imagine' in the above sentence and a manifestor's meaning of what is done when one 'imagines'.

Try reading the thread. You make distinctions that can easily be sussed out in the reading. JMO. However, the following video may be interesting to you since in this lecture Neville gives a fairly exhaustive description of one of his manifestations and the technique he used.

Keep in mind that Neville is keen on the Bible stuff. I find his references and expositions thereof fascinating - they don't bother me - but if they do bother one just do a mental surf through them because he usually quickly gets to his crux which is to do with manifestation itself. As a poster comments: "He was called by God. Not by money!" Neville is a stand alone guy - unique among manifestors imo.

As with all teachers of manifestation one must take into consideration their cultural context and spiritual biases. There is running through their expositions the idea of the essence of thought/feeling being paramount in the act of 'creation'. I find the divergent and various vocabulary interesting. In Neville you will find that he posits God as operative in the manifestation phenomenon, whereas Abraham Hicks makes it absolutely about what s/he terms 'Source' (the 'I' - as I translate that idea of 'source' though I don't know what s/he would say to that - epistemology is not a strong point in the Abraham delivery). Abraham posits it as the Self doing the creating with no mention of a God facilitating (that I have heard). Neville for sure points to the 'I' and most manifestors indicate the importance of the 'I Am...' (self talk in a manner of speaking).

Neville Goddard: Rearrange the Mind

More interestingly, maybe you can tell us a bit about your walkabout and any successful manifestations you may have experienced yourself.

I am not a proselytizer. I am not here to convince. I am here to share ideas and discuss. Read the thread. Listen to the manifestors. Play with it. You are the only litmus test to whether or not this is 'real' or not. You.

BTW I have a problem with some of the indications Abraham is giving. However, the indications are also a function of the questions (so often about wealth and money) the person in front of her/him presents. Neville rigorously stays on track in his lectures and never answered audience questions (that I know of) - while Abraham is willing to range far afield though always focussing through the lens of manifestation which I think makes it cumbersome oft times.

One aspect of Abraham - the focus on money/wealth - on the acquisition of things - is interesting but I am reminded of a quote from my old esoteric pal Rudolf Stiener from the early 1900's:
"Good habits will produce good health; bad ones will create a tendency to some specific illness in the next life. A strong determination to rid oneself of a bad habit will work down into the physical body and produce a tendency to good health. How a disposition to infectious diseases arises in the physical body has been particularly well observed. Whether we actually get a disease will depend on what we do; but whether we are specially liable to contract it is the result of the inclinations we had in a previous life. Infectious diseases, strangely enough, can be traced back to a highly developed selfish acquisitiveness in a previous life."

Of course, the last sentence (as well as the whole quote) is a belief for those who do not have first-hand (intuitive) knowledge of what Steiner is discussing. However, I present it because it is in fact the biggest general complaint against Abraham (I am given to understand) that Abraham fosters selfishness and acquisitiveness. Interesting imo.

There is a difference between your meaning of 'imagine' in the above sentence and a manifestor's meaning of what is done when one 'imagines' ...
I understand, but I'm not so sure everyone else does. It's as if for some people, there's an assumption that visualization is all that's required, and if one just does it enough, the thing that is visualized will somehow manifest into one's life. More responsible interpretations tend to emphasize that success requires a combination of visualization and action ( work ). After all, even winning a lottery requires one to go out and buy a ticket. Did you check out the Mind Serpent link above? I'm sure you'll find it to be a real treasure trove.

Back