• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness and Magic

Fascinating to see the occult/esoteric teacher - Rudolf Steiner - having such relevance today in a way that makes him seem almost contemporary. A too-brief video (a mere 18 minutes) that goes into the manipulations Steiner talked of. When he gave the lectures in 1916 on the Karma of Untruthfulness, he was in many ways speaking over the heads of his listeners at the time. We, in our time, are more able to understand what he is saying.

NOTE: At approx 8:18 sec the UFO phenomenon is mentioned. The filmmaker suggests something regarding the whole UFO idea, along with the alien invasion scenario, as a 'seeding' of an idea for a reason - to create the sense of one earth that would/could be represented by 'someone'. One could argue that the Climate Crisis is part of that movement - and I know there are some who believe it is. (I don't).

Though I consider Steiner to be a legitimate occult teacher, an initiate of high degree, I would not say I uphold the view presented here. I share this as perhaps being of interest, no more. It is interesting. I just am very hesitant to ascribe large motives of an intelligent nature to groups, which I have always found to be lumbering and rather stupid. The human tendency (especially these days) to see conspiracies behind every bush is to be handled gingerly. Even the best minds can be corrupted with paranoia imo, when such beliefs overtake the mind.

Yet, within the occult/esoteric is the running thread of occult brotherhoods - both within incarnation (in the physical world), and outside of physical incarnation (in the spiritual world). These brotherhoods are of varying 'qualities', with sometimes opposing purposes. It is famously spoken that Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky - the great occultist of the 19th century - was placed into 'occult imprisonment' by an American brotherhood - thus rendering her ineffectual, diminishing her power (which was considerable) and ability to effect her destiny with the esoteric work in the physical world.

The point, really, is ideas. What are they? Where do they come from? There are whole streams of ideas that seem to have similar 'familial similarities', as it were: Von Daniken's Ancient Astronauts, and UFO's, Abductions, etc. Ideas that drive us to a sense of one world, for example. Esoterically, one would look at ideas as being part of a 'stream', an identity backed by spiritual beings that have an interest in how this world proceeds. Disagreements are rooted in far more than mere accidents of ideas - but behind the vehemence stand spiritual beings from which the ideas flow. This explains the intensity. It is a 'war' much larger than ourselves.

Additional Note: The video is somewhat dated, as it references the 2012 event, mainly as an example of a 'seeded' idea.

The Karma of Untruthfulness Documentary - feat. Terry Boardman (Rudolf Steiner media studies)

TEXT: "Published on Jun 20, 2012: The Karma of Untruthfulness was a series of 25 lectures given by the Austrian spiritual scientist Rudolf Steiner on the causes of the first world war.This documentary looks at some of the key ideas that Steiner presented to his listeners in relation to media studies and demonstrates that they are just as relevant today as they were in 1916."

The above video had this as one of its two comments: "Carol Rosin, a Disclosure Project witness, openly says there is a "population control" operation to make the perception of an "alien threat" to rally people under a totalitarian military dictatorship. Another misrepresentation of the Disclosure Project regards the "unification" of Earth. Disclosure Project calls for a citizen's diplomacy in which every individual acts as a representative for Earth. CSETI In The Disclosure Project, part of the agenda is to expose this attempted mind control."

I admit to being totally clueless about all this, but my first reaction is the earth cannot be 'unified' by 'rallying' the people.

Any unification of the mostly vulnerable peoples of earth would result in a massive social control mechanism. The disparity of power between the masses of the poor vs. the absolute power of the Uber wealthy is something quite visible today. It makes the thin veil of politics increasingly more illegitimate. Maybe, if we're lucky, it will be our great differences a leveraging tool to slow down such social control mechanisms and make the invisible powers that be increasingly more visible to all. Unfortunately, our mass media and consumer programming makes such real human ventures almost impossible.

Any unification of the mostly vulnerable peoples of earth would result in a massive social control mechanism. The disparity of power between the masses of the poor vs. the absolute power of the Uber wealthy is something quite visible today. It makes the thin veil of politics increasingly more illegitimate. Maybe, if we're lucky, it will be our great differences a leveraging tool to slow down such social control mechanisms and make the invisible powers that be increasingly more visible to all. Unfortunately, our mass media and consumer programming makes such real human ventures almost impossible.

I assume you're saying it can't be done, Burnt - correct? Sorry, a lot of words in there, it's late after a long day at work. :rolleyes:

I don't think the unification of the earth is in any way feasible. Even were we to be confronted with an alien invasion, we'd still be partisans fighting isolated wars of attrition. That is if one posits aliens in a prosaic sense. IMO aliens will never be anything like HG Wells' 'War of the Worlds'. Too primitive. Also, I really question the whole idea - why would any other world want another world to 'rule'? Nope. Currently our thinking about the universe is too limited. We posit the past onto the future. I don't think it will be the humanity's past actions writ large (on a galactic scale). ("Wagon Train to the Stars" - a Star Trek kind of future). Too simple. Until we can figure out who we are as a whole, I don't think we're of any interest to anyone else of any real sophistication.

Last edited:
Jason Silva is an interesting guy. I get his feed on Facebook and his most recent Facebook feed was along the lines of the following though this is not the video I just saw. Still, has some interesting ideas - specifically, the 'mapping' of the alternate reality or subjective reality. Interesting. :)

Jason Silva: We're Going Through a Psychedelic Renaissance
TEXT: "Published on Feb 23, 2015: Jason Silva, host of National Geographic Channel's Brain Games, speaks to the power of suggestibility with regard to psychedelic experiences. According to Timothy Leary, psychedelics augment one's reactivity to stimuli. By marrying the right external and internal stimuli one can design the subjectivity of their own experience."

Ah, here is the video :) - about MAPS and the 'Psychedelic Renaissance'. This is very cool stuff, very cool ways of plotting out this stuff (and we finally are catching up to Timothy Leary ;) ). This is where the AI and Human interface has 'viability' imo.

Drugs As Tools For Spirituality
TEXT: "Published on Jan 13, 2015: Tell us what you think! Take the survey: DDN Audience Survey 2015
"The program is a voyage chart, a series of signals, which, like the pilot’s radio provides the basic orienting information required for the “trip.” - Timothy Leary

Visual Effects and Kinetic Typography by Omid Pakbin
http://www.youtube.com/TheOmegaPointP...

MAPS - Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
http://www.maps.org

Timothy Leary - Programming the Psychedelic Experience
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_...

[See video link for additional reference links]

Thoughts and Conciousness | At Home with Rupert Sheldrake
TEXT: "Published on Apr 30, 2016: Original Interview with Rupert Sheldrake, made for the production 'The power of thoughts.' "

Here is an excellent conversation between the late great Terrance McKenna and Robert Sheldrake - with Sheldrake giving a shout-out to Rudolf Steiner 'scientists' past the 20:00 mark.

I especially like Sheldrake talking about how the universe is 'becoming magical again'. I am starting to feel that the work of manifestation 'science' - as is currently espoused by Abraham Hicks et al (and is in the lineage of the New Thought Movement from the early 1900's - Neville Goddard and Wayne Dyer being recent well known proponents of 'possibility thinking' - to put it prosaically) - is a significant key to all of this. Steiner indicates that in future there must be a recognition of truth for there to be harmony and human advancement - truth is not relative or a shifting pov - so in that sense science is the future but it may not be a science we call such today. (This is akin to what scientists are referencing - and Sheldrake is talking about - when they speak of 'the lived experience').

I am positing that the Harry Potter type 'magical' world - with it's divide between muggles and magic workers - is not far off a description of what is to come.

I also am positing that until we come to that individual capacity to (personally) command the physical world ('magic') no 'alien race' would ever bother with us.

@Constance @smcder re-posting from above - please listen to this video. I know always a hassle but its a really good one. I had hoped to do a precis of the contents - may still do that for my own edification - but Sheldrake perfectly sets up the cutting edge of scientific thinking now. It's shifting - especially when it comes to mind. :cool:

Deep Discussion About Fractals, Time, and Causality - Terence McKenna, Rupert Sheldrake

P.S. For some reason the video starts 11:00 in - just push it to beginning to get all of McKenna talking about Math - essential because of Sheldrake's exposition.

Sounds fascinating, Tyger. I will listen to this video.

And I'm very glad to see you back here in the Paracast Forums and resuming this thread. :)

Help. I think I need that precis you were thinking about writing. Could you clarify it for me?

Yes, I will write it out. Give me a day or two. I'll give timestamps, too.

P.S. A 'day or two' is being optimistic. I'm suppose to travel north for a few days visit - will be sans internet for anything extended - so give me until the weekend - though I may get struck with the passion and do it tonight. ;)

Help. I think I need that precis you were thinking about writing. Could you clarify it for me?

I have realized that I'm not sure what you want me to clarify. I did listen to the video again and took notes. I could type those notes out but is that what you're looking for? [P.S. Very tired - late at night - not up to typing out the notes now. :rolleyes: I've edited this post so many times - realize I need to hit the hay.]

Terrance McKenna was an American ethnobotanist, who passed away in 2000 at age 53 in Hawaii from a brain tumor/cancer.

Rupert Sheldrake is British and a botanist, who lives in England. His famous theory is to do with morphic resonance and morphic fields. One must get a handle on his theories in order to follow what he is saying here with McKenna so I will supply two videos - which really are fun and very accessible - to get some context - and then two videos where he goes into his theories of morphic resonance and morphic fields.

I initially posted videos from YouTube but decided not to do so until I'm sure what you're looking for as clarification. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Tyger. I'm familiar with Sheldrake's morphic resonance theory and with his work concerning ESP in animals and humans, but I've never been able to get into McKenna's experiences and ideas.

Thanks Tyger. I'm familiar with Sheldrake's morphic resonance theory and with his work concerning ESP in animals and humans, but I've never been able to get into McKenna's experiences and ideas.

Okay - good to know that. Yes McKenna is the hardest one to understand in this video - but knowing that's the area that needs context will shape my precis. Thanks. Give me a few days. :)

@Constance There is another thread that will proceed simultaneously with this one. I have given the thread the title 'Abraham Hicks' though I think now that I should have called it 'Consciousness and Manifestation'. I know I can't change the title of the thread - so I may just start the new thread and transfer the posts over there.

Note: when you open the thread from this link it opens on post#10 - scroll up to post#1
Abraham Hicks Thread: Abraham Hicks

EDIT: New 'Consciousness and Manifestation' thread: Consciousness and Manifestation

Last edited:
@Constance I have done the transfer of all relevant text to the new thread 'Consciousness and Manifestation' (plus with some new text to set up the context for the discussion). Where it might dove tail with the 'Consciousness and the Paranormal' thread let me know. :)
Look forward to your impressions either on-thread or in pm.

LINK: Consciousness and Manifestation

P.S. I will get the Terrance McKenna precis done post haste! :p Methinks I am procrastinating. He is a tuffy! He was usually on weed - he smoked a lot (understatement) most of every day. So while his riffing is pretty deep it's a bit 'lifted out'. ;) Or that's my experience with it. I'll get it done.

Last edited:
Back