• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Comment about C2C

As far as C2C...

They recently had on the US shill for the Swiss Chocolate UFO cult, and he made some rather nasty statements and false statements about me. In response, I've emailed Noory and Lisa (their producer), requesting some time on their show to address the lies and dematory crap spewed by this closeted moron repping the wedding cake company, to no avail. I've received no response, nada, which says boatloads about their integrity.

Then there's the email I got this last week from a former girlfriend, who says she's married to Art Bell's son Vincent, from a marriage he has decided to ignore, and two children he refuses to acknowledge. Apparently, they invited Art to their wedding this last December, but he was busy orderng Korean take-out. Men who abandon their children are pretty low, in my eyes... I'd love to see Bell address this issue, who knows if it's true, though I doubt she's lying about it. Maybe he'll come on the Paracast and talk to us about it.

dB

David Biedny said:
As far as C2C...

They recently had on the US shill for the Swiss Chocolate UFO cult, and he made some rather nasty statements and false statements about me. In response, I've emailed Noory and Lisa (their producer), requesting some time on their show to address the lies and dematory crap spewed by this closeted moron repping the wedding cake company, to no avail. I've received no response, nada, which says boatloads about their integrity.

Then there's the email I got this last week from a former girlfriend, who says she's married to Art Bell's son Vincent, from a marriage he has decided to ignore, and two children he refuses to acknowledge. Apparently, they invited Art to their wedding this last December, but he was busy orderng Korean take-out. Men who abandon their children are pretty low, in my eyes... I'd love to see Bell address this issue, who knows if it's true, though I doubt she's lying about it. Maybe he'll come on the Paracast and talk to us about it.

dB

Sorry, who's former girlfriend?

I haven't listened to the MH show yet. Not sure I will. I hear a similar thing has happen with Royce from Watchdog in regards to Morten. C2C won't have him on to give his side of the story.

Art only seems to care about clearing the air when it's his neck on the line.

I heard only twenty minutes of the latest, completely credulous MH interview on C2C, and missed hearing the references to Mr. Biedny. Sadly, I wouldn't expect any objectivity or fairness from Noory. Perhaps if you ask him nicely, Noory can "think" someone into existence who will plead your case for you. Noory believes in all that crap.

I thought Art Bell's wedding photographs with his Fillipino mail-order bride were about as creepy as it gets. When he mentioned on a following episode that he was taking her for her first trip to the dentist, taking her for her first trip to a doctor, teaching her to drive, teaching her adult, English words, I about gagged, since that sounds just like what my father did for my sister. He didn't have to do it for his wife.

I know we're on a C2CAM bashing rant, and I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but...

I thought the Bigelow Aerospace interview last night was pretty good.

hopeful skeptic said:
These people provide no evidence that can stand up to the mountain of evidence that plainly demonstrates that 30 million Russians died in World War II, that 6 million Jews were exterminated in World War II, that an astonishing number of political enemies, mental defectives, cripples, etc. were killed in World War II.

at least you recognize that is wasn't just Jews... I'm not going to throw out stats... that is not the point, but millions died from other countries and religions... Hell why didn't they give the gypsies their own nation, or why not the christians?

hopeful skeptic said:
It all comes back to those pesky Jews and their pesky Israel, doesn't it?

this is your spin on me... but I’ll answer... it is about the credibility of WW2 stats and information that changes at the years go on. Propaganda was a major force and wins and loses wars. I do believe Israel and USA's relation is a MAJOR problem for the unrest in the middle east.

hopeful skeptic said:
Recon, this makes no sense. You believe a holocaust happened, believe there isn't a difference between one dead Jew and 6 million, yet believe a holocaust denier makes for a great show? What?!

This is not a waste of time, this is life. Our grandparents lived through this and now we live in its wake. Research a bit for yourself, instead of that 300 word paragraph you recieve in your text books at school

hopeful skeptic said:
What is this fascination people have with wasting time on things they know are unreasonable? Is there really that much free time out there?
What reason have you found in teh paranormal field. So you should probably stop wasting your time here and at C2C.

hopeful skeptic said:
Speaking of not knowing history, the dream of re-establishing Israel as an independent country goes back to the collapse of the Maccabean dynasty in the 1st century. You might remember that the Bible, in some of its many candid moments, records Jesus' disciples and followers repeatedly asking him if he had come to re-establish Israel. In the modern era, efforts were made after World War I to achieve this, but the victors' rampant anti-Judaism stifled that in the bud.

WOW, so it comes down to historal rights, or religious right?
You are all on borrowed land as well. When will you give yours back to the native Americans? If you can't see the problem with Israel being where it is located then I can't help you.

hopeful skeptic said:
As I noted above, Israel’s existence is the real issue for Holocaust deniers. "If it weren't for Israel, the Middle East would be at peace." Israel has a right to exist. Jews have the right to have one place in the world - one place - where they aren't threatened with extermination by mindless people so beset by anti-Judaism that they can't see straight.

You don't get it, you could create a new Italy, a new Japan or a new ANYTHING where Israel is located right now. People don't want to be occupied. You would have the same problem. The holocaust is teh reason the jewish people recieved their homeland, and so you will have people comparing the 2. I am not happy with the racist people that are associated with the questioning of numbers, facts or complete denial. but it is what it is... The flaws and changing of stats give these people water to swim.

I also beleive everyone should have a place to live. But this is the tricky question. You could have given the jewish people part of germany, but I bet you would have the same problem. People don't want to be occupied.

hopeful skeptic said:
If your problem is with Israel's existence, just be man enough to side with the Muslims, and stop hiding behind Holocaust deniers. Stop asking them to level the charges you won't man up and level yourself.

Be a man, compared to you?
Side with the Muslims... wow again you have out done yourself... is this another America **** Yeah!!! you are either with us or against us statement?

That is the problem with people like you. You quickly label people as a bigot, or a racist, or a traitor. I assure you I am not. You have read what i had to say.

hopeful skeptic said:
Stand on your own two feet and declare that the answer to Middle East peace isn't the defeat of beheading, bombing, sniping, terrorizing Muslims but the eradication of the area's only stable democracy. Make that case.

this is quit easy, in short.
1. Terrorism was not a problem to the WEST or the Jewish people.
2. ISRAEL is created and OCCUPIES another nations. "that has completely different religious beliefs" <-- GENIUS.
3. Unrest in the middle-east.

wow that was tough.

what is the difference between them beheading, bombing, sniping and americans droping nukes, or precision weapons... terrorism is terrorism no matter what side you are on.

I am done with this now.... This is not what the paracast is about.

Recon said:
You are obviously very uneducated about the subject.

Sounds like a challenege. I love challenges.

Let us see who is uneducated about what.

not all holocaust deniers believe that it didn't exist, but was just over exaggerated... for propaganda reason... People don't realize how far propaganda went back then... It was essential.

That's amazing. Let me check the dictionary on that one. What's the definition of "denier":

de·ni·er /dɪˈnaɪər/-noun:
a person who denies.

. . . and what does 'denies' mean?

de·ny (dĭ-nī') de·nied, de·ny·ing, de·nies

1. To declare untrue; contradict.
2. To refuse to believe; reject.
3. To refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disavow.

Therefore a Holocaust Denier would be one that declares the holocaust untrue, one who refuses to believe it, or one who refuses to acknowledge it.

The people who want to modify the historical body count are Holocaust Revisionists.

Your lesson is over.

:cool:

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Sounds like a challenege. I love challenges.

Let us see who is uneducated about what.

That's amazing. Let me check the dictionary on that one. What's the definition of "denier":

de·ni·er /dɪˈnaɪər/-noun:
a person who denies.

. . . and what does 'denies' mean?

de·ny (dĭ-nī') de·nied, de·ny·ing, de·nies

1. To declare untrue; contradict.
2. To refuse to believe; reject.
3. To refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disavow.

Therefore a Holocaust Denier would be one that declares the holocaust untrue, one who refuses to believe it, or one who refuses to acknowledge it.

The people who want to modify the historical body count are Holocaust Revisionists.

Your lesson is over.

:cool:

-DBTrek

you are correct... they are Holocaust Revisionists, they are just labelled as deniers...

Recon said:
you are correct... they are Holocaust Revisionists, they are just labelled as deniers...

Given your subsequent posts on the subject I think the material would be better suited for a politically oriented show. If the goal is to cover the Holocaust, creation of Isreal, and modern conflicts in the Middle East I question what would make C2C the proper forum.

. . . unless there's an 'illumanati' tie-in, of course. ;)

-DBTrek

at least you recognize that is wasn't just Jews... I'm not going to throw out stats... that is not the point, but millions died from other countries and religions... Hell why didn't they give the gypsies their own nation, or why not the christians?

Well, neither gypsies nor Christians ever had their own nation-state. Why would they yearn for the return of something they never had?
this is your spin on me... but I’ll answer... it is about the credibility of WW2 stats and information that changes at the years go on. Propaganda was a major force and wins and loses wars. I do believe Israel and USA's relation is a MAJOR problem for the unrest in the middle east.

Of course the numbers change, because additional evidence comes to light. The total death toll of World War II keeps climbing thanks in large part to the recent opening of the Soviet archives. This is called research.

Propaganda does not win wars. Bullets and bombs win wars. Propaganda is a tool. Please give us one solitary example of a war anywhere in the world, in any time period, won solely by propaganda.

This is not a waste of time, this is life. Our grandparents lived through this and now we live in its wake. Research a bit for yourself, instead of that 300 word paragraph you recieve in your text books at school

I have a doctorate in military history and a master's in Roman history. Please refrain from assuming how I received my knowledge of World War II.

What reason have you found in teh paranormal field. So you should probably stop wasting your time here and at C2C.

I guess you have more fun listening only to those people who agree with you? How, pray tell, do you learn anything in life with a philosophy like that?

WOW, so it comes down to historal rights, or religious right?

I've read this sentence multiple times, and still don't understand it. If you mean that the Jews control the "Religious Right," you're wrong, since Jews vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Those Christians who consider themselves to be on the right end of the political spectrum support Israel for theological reasons completely unto themselves.

You are all on borrowed land as well. When will you give yours back to the native Americans? If you can't see the problem with Israel being where it is located then I can't help you.

Where do you live? Unless you live in Japan, or are an Inuit, you are also living on land that wasn't originally your own. If we all went about giving land back to its original inhabitants there would be nowhere to live, and no one to inhabit any land, anywhere, since the original inhabitants are either so genetically intermingled with existing populations that they cannot be separated, or are dead.

I live, incidentally, on settled and conquered land, just as the Indians did. I make no apologies for that at all.

You don't get it, you could create a new Italy, a new Japan or a new ANYTHING where Israel is located right now.

No, because the Japanese (for example) have no historical ties to the region. The Semitic Israelis do.

People don't want to be occupied. You would have the same problem. The holocaust is teh reason the jewish people recieved their homeland...

One of the problems here (just one of them, I'm afraid) is that you labor under the old notion that the Old Testament story of Israel's conquest of Palestine, and its following settlement of it, means that Israel is a "Johnny-come-lately" to the land. They're not. Every good scrap of archaeological evidence indicates that the Israelis were there all along, eeking out a meager existence as nomadic shepherders and (in the settled areas) subsistence farmers.

Incidentally, I'll disabuse you of another notion. The Palestinians don't own the land, either. The Palestinians are overwhelmingly of Arab stock now, and the Arabs conquered Palestine (and it's largely Jewish/Semitic and Greek populations) in the 600s. To do full justice, you'd have to kick everyone out and give the land to the Jebusites (the original builders of Jerusalem), the Canaanites and the Amorites, among a host of other tribes. Good luck finding them, because they're all dead.

That would leave you with displaced, homeless Jews, once again at the mercy of their host countries (which resulted in the holocaust) and a bunch of murderous Arabs, clamoring for a homeland you've taken away.

I find it amusing to be lectured in history by someone this substantially ignorant of the record.

I also beleive everyone should have a place to live. But this is the tricky question. You could have given the jewish people part of germany, but I bet you would have the same problem. People don't want to be occupied.

Nor we with anti-Semitic nonsense like this. The Israelites lived in Israel since before recorded history, and crafted a mythology that helped define both them and their purpose in the world. You can't avoid that.

Be a man, compared to you?
Side with the Muslims... wow again you have out done yourself... is this another America **** Yeah!!! you are either with us or against us statement?

No, I despise people who don't just say what they think, and use pseudohistory to justify their own indefensible points of view.

That is the problem with people like you. You quickly label people as a bigot, or a racist, or a traitor. I assure you I am not. You have read what i had to say.

It's been hard, but I've read it.

this is quit easy, in short.
1. Terrorism was not a problem to the WEST or the Jewish people.

Wrong. The Jews have been terrorized in almost every country where they've set foot.

2. ISRAEL is created and OCCUPIES another nations. "that has completely different religious beliefs" <-- GENIUS.

Wrong. This is historical ignorance of the worst order.

3. Unrest in the middle-east.

And who causes it? The stable democracy that has asked its neighbors to simply leave it alone, has given back land fairly won during wars it didn't start, who provides millions upon millions of dollars to support a Palestinian Authority so corrupt and decadent that it can't support its own people? That Israel?

wow that was tough.

Yes, but try being on the receiving end.

what is the difference between them beheading, bombing, sniping and americans droping nukes, or precision weapons... terrorism is terrorism no matter what side you are on.

Yes, "war and terrorism are the same thing." My God. I'm certainly glad my forefathers used terrorism to rid the world of slavery, fascism, nazism and the like.

I am done with this now.... This is not what the paracast is about.

Wow! You cut and run quicker than John Murtha. It's a good the The Paracast isn't about this kind of racial nonsense, because it would be off the air in a week.

All you do is spin what I say...
Like I said, this isn't the forum for this. but if a masterpiece of a post like that deserves a response.

Your rebuttal is full of hypocritical statements... sounds like you only believe that the Jewish people should have their land back... If they wanted it back they should have fought for it... it should have never been handed to them.

The research also proves that the holocaust death tolls are dropping. This is why people want some revision to the text books.

Propaganda does not win wars.
then you know nothing about war.

I have a doctorate in military history and a master's in Roman history
congratulations... want a medal...

I guess you have more fun listening only to those people who agree with you?
you can't be serious... wow. sit and spin.

I've read this sentence multiple times, and still don't understand it. If you mean that the Jews control the "Religious Right," you're wrong, since Jews vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Those Christians who consider themselves to be on the right end of the political spectrum support Israel for theological reasons completely unto themselves.

when did I ever say the Jews controlled the religious right... man your good. Sounds like you has a Masters in Bull****ting too.

Where do you live? Unless you live in Japan, or are an Inuit, you are also living on land that wasn't originally your own. If we all went about giving land back to its original inhabitants there would be nowhere to live, and no one to inhabit any land, anywhere, since the original inhabitants are either so genetically intermingled with existing populations that they cannot be separated, or are dead.

I live, incidentally, on settled and conquered land, just as the Indians did. I make no apologies for that at all.

No, because the Japanese (for example) have no historical ties to the region. The Semitic Israelis do.

so that is my point, historical ties mean **** all, you said it yourself.

That would leave you with displaced, homeless Jews, once again at the mercy of their host countries (which resulted in the holocaust) and a bunch of murderous Arabs, clamouring for a homeland you've taken away.

I find it amusing to be lectured in history by someone this substantially ignorant of the record.

i can only laugh at this... so after thousands of years you think it is still right to throw back a people into a homeland that is no longer theirs, seeing as you believe land is fair game...

no insert your master's degree thesis here....

Nor we with anti-Semitic nonsense like this.
I was waiting for this defence... you don't get it... i believe everyone has the right to be free, but this comes with a cost. and should not be handed out.
so this makes you anti-Muslim.

No, I despise people who don't just say what they think, and use pseudo history to justify their own indefensible points of view.
have you not read what i have been posting. you should be pretty clear on where I stand. I don't blame people for fighting back against occupation.

Yes, "war and terrorism are the same thing." My God. I'm certainly glad my forefathers used terrorism to rid the world of slavery, fascism, Nazism and the like.
yeah America to the rescue. be happy your government uses its forces to kill thousands of people around the world. you should be happy about that.

Wow! You cut and run quicker than John Murtha. It's a good the The Paracast isn't about this kind of racial nonsense, because it would be off the air in a week.

Cut and Run, now that is what you Americans will be doing in 10 to 12 months. I've never ran away from anything in my life. Sure it's a racial issue... but nonsense... you are the ignorant one. This is not your fault but your government's fault.

I also don't think this stuff should be on the paracast... it is a paranormal show.

[IM DONE!]

Not that I really want to stick my neck through this hole but three things I need to say:

hopeful skeptic said:
Nor we with anti-Semitic nonsense like this.

This is just me being pedantic but someday I'd like to have it explained to me how anti-semite means "anti-jew", since a semite is technically anyone of middle eastern descent, be they jewish, muslim, arab or other.

hopeful skeptic said:
Yes, "war and terrorism are the same thing."

They are now. Just because one side has spiffy uniforms and the other doesn't in no way alters the fact it is war.

hopeful skeptic said:
Wow! You cut and run quicker than John Murtha.

I cannot believe you just said that, even in jest. You're a friggin' military history expert yet you spout this ridiculous right-wing talking point? If ANYONE should be able to grasp concepts like acceptable losses and strategic withdrawl it should be you. I don't know what else to say.

This is just me being pedantic but someday I'd like to have it explained to me how anti-semite means "anti-jew", since a semite is technically anyone of middle eastern descent, be they jewish, muslim, arab or other.

I suppose we can bat around semantics, if you want.

They are now. Just because one side has spiffy uniforms and the other doesn't in no way alters the fact it is war.

Oh. Let me know on what day in history war became terrorism. Unbelievable.

I sincerely hope you put your money where your mouth is, CapnG, and inform the first Iraqi veteran you see that you feel he's a terrorist. That's something far safer to say on a chat board, so please do so to his face, in public. I know if someone had said it to me after Gulf War I, I'd have laughed at them, but I couldn't have accounted for my buddies.

If you honestly, intellectually feel that what the U.S. and its allies are trying accomplish in Iraq is terrorism, and can't see any difference between how the U.S. and coalition forces and the insurgents conduct themselves, then I don't know what to say. I really don't. That's flabbergasting.

I cannot believe you just said that, even in jest. You're a friggin' military history expert yet you spout this ridiculous right-wing talking point? If ANYONE should be able to grasp concepts like acceptable losses and strategic withdrawl it should be you. I don't know what else to say.

First, I'm not an "expert" in military history. I took issue with Recon's presumption that I learned everything I knew about World War II from a 300-word paragraph in a school book.

Any public official who threatens to defund a soldier in the presence of his enemy without first having a firm plan of full withdrawal is irresponsible. Damned irresponsible. A Vietnam veteran should know better. Actually, anyone with a brain should know better - certainly someone who sought and was entrusted with public office.

All you do is spin what I say...

I responded to each point you made, and gave facts where you gave nothing more than what you'd been spoonfed by a holocaust denier.

Like I said, this isn't the forum for this. but if a masterpiece of a post like that deserves a response.

If you don't want a rebuttal, don't venture an opinion.

Your rebuttal is full of hypocritical statements... sounds like you only believe that the Jewish people should have their land back... If they wanted it back they should have fought for it... it should have never been handed to them.

They have fought for it - repeatedly. I'm simply suggesting that if you are going to hand "Palestine" over to its original inhabitants, everyone has to move - not only those pesky Jews - especially since the most recent arrivals are Islamic Arabs, not Jews.

I noticed you can't refute the history. I can sense how difficult that is for you.

The research also proves that the holocaust death tolls are dropping. This is why people want some revision to the text books.

What peer-reviewed, scholarly work states that the holocaust death toll is dropping? Author and title, please.

then you know nothing about war.

Well, I served in Gulf War I and in Bosnia. I was shot at in both places. What's your service record like?

congratulations... want a medal...

Don't presume to understand where someone got their knowledge about World War II, particularly when you spew ignorance yourself.

when did I ever say the Jews controlled the religious right... man your good. Sounds like you has a Masters in Bull****ting too.

Then why don't you explain what you did mean by your original sentence? I even handed it to a friend, and he can't decipher it.

so that is my point, historical ties mean **** all, you said it yourself.

That's right. You use mangled, bad, false history to justify your anti-Israel gripe, but when someone uses actual history to rebut you, decry the usefulness of history. Priceless.

i can only laugh at this... so after thousands of years you think it is still right to throw back a people into a homeland that is no longer theirs, seeing as you believe land is fair game...

Jews were living there all the time - during World War I, during World War II (the local Arab authorities made documented plans to hand them over to the Germans when the Nazis won the war in Africa), during the nineteenth century, during each century before that, et al.

There has never been a day since the dawn of recorded history when a Jew hasn't been living in Palestine. Palestine has never been a "Jew-free, all-Arab land." Never. This is history, not pedantics.

no insert your master's degree thesis here....

Some folks are beyond hope. They really are.

I was waiting for this defence... you don't get it... i believe everyone has the right to be free, but this comes with a cost. and should not be handed out.
so this makes you anti-Muslim.

I find a great deal to complain about Islam, and justifiably so. I make no excuse for that at all.

have you not read what i have been posting. you should be pretty clear on where I stand. I don't blame people for fighting back against occupation.

I know where you stand, it's just that you don't stand on anything like historical fact - like your word "occupation." It's no surprise that you use a pseudohistorical revisionist movement as a cover for simple anti-Israelism.

yeah America to the rescue. be happy your government uses its forces to kill thousands of people around the world. you should be happy about that.

I sincerely wish it would have never launched this war in Iraq, or (in my opinion) even in Afghanistan. I thought both were bad policies, and wrote my congressman, my president and both senators to say so. Once there, though, it must be won. A loss is catastrophic for the people involved and for the war against terrorists.

I see you're in Canada. What have you actively done to return your lands to the Indians who once owned it, or to the French? You couldn't possibly be asking others to do what you yourself won't, could you?

Cut and Run, now that is what you Americans will be doing in 10 to 12 months.

Most likely. Our willingness to sacrifice isn't what it used to be, apparently. It seems most of our society lost its stomach for a fight.

I also don't think this stuff should be on the paracast... it is a paranormal show.

Then you shouldn't have brought it up.

hopeful skeptic said:
Oh. Let me know on what day in history war became terrorism. Unbelievable.

Dresden. Hiroshima. Nagasaki. Tell me bombing civilians into vapour is a noble act and in accordance with all civilized articles of war. Well, go on...

hopeful skeptic said:
I sincerely hope you put your money where your mouth is, CapnG, and inform the first Iraqi veteran you see that you feel he's a terrorist.

Cart before horse. Go back, take a deep breath and re-read what I said. I am not saying that soldiers are terrorists, I am pointing out that those you label terrorists consider themselves soldiers. They consider themselves on the side of all that is right and good, that they serve god and that they are repelling an evil invader. The fact they are doing it using means other than a standing army is irrelevant. They're doing exactly what anyone would do in their circumstances: trying to win.

What do you think the British thought of your forefathers during the American revolution? And what do you think they were trying to accomplish? Think I'm out of line drawing that parallel? Too bad. I am and I have. And it's apt, regardless of how personally distateful many americans may find it. From the British point of view they were insurrectionists, insurgents and TRAITORS. It's all about perspective.

hopeful skeptic said:
If you honestly, intellectually feel that what the U.S. and its allies are trying accomplish in Iraq is terrorism, and can't see any difference between how the U.S. and coalition forces and the insurgents conduct themselves, then I don't know what to say.

What the U.S. and it's allies are trying to accomplish in Iraq is a fool's errand, written on a pack of lies in an attempt to create a legacy for idiot who's trying to please his daddy.

It's a disgrace. It's an insult to the men and women who serve, it's a grotesque waste of resources and capital, it's a geo-political nightmare and it was easily (and thoroughly) predicted to be so by anyone with EYES.

I may not be as well spoken, as some.

but you may look back... I never brought up this subject, I just said it should be allowed to be discussed. And you attacked me.

What peer-reviewed, scholarly work states that the holocaust death toll is dropping? Author and title, please.

this is the only one I will respond directly. Auschwitz itself has dropped its death toll by 2.5 million. It is being revised, as it should be. I'll let you look that up. This is a fact. I am not coming here to change your minds, notice how I haven’t brought up other denial ****. that is because I think the truth is being twisted in a lot of cases. but teh fact is, the original death toll was approx. 6 million, Auschwitz lowered its numbers and the official death toll is still 6 million. There are things like this that most people don't know.

You kept bringing up Russia... now that is a holocaust. I had to look twice when I first read those numbers.

I applaud you for military work. America will need more of you in the future.
I have family history in the military myself and I have friends in Afghanistan right now as well. Believe me I have always wanted to, but just because I have never served doesn't make my opinion crap.

I can see mistakes like any other person. I may not have a certificate on my wall "yet", but I research everything I have interest in.

The problem right now is the Middle East. The past it the past, and now we must fix the present. DO I think Israel must go??? NO. It is to late for that now. They leave, the hatred for them and the west will still be there.

I agree, lies got the USA people into a mess and now many have died. Passing teh 9/11 death toll I believe. I also do think they can't leave, that would be a HUGE mistake. but it will happen. especially with popular opinion and the new presidential race.

it does suck to hear you lost a buddy in 9/11. But that is no reason to hold a grudge on any race of people. They had a reason for what they did. You can hold a grudge against your government. They had plenty of time to stop the attacks. Heck they even trained them. But I think it is BS that you call me an anti-Semite, when you outspokenly say you dislike Muslims.

back to the uniforms and terrorism issue. It all depends on which side of the wall you are on... you can't deny that.

Also, you would have to be a complete idiot to walk up to a vet and call him a terrorist. But they do terrorize people; IT is war, plain and simple. It isn't a nice place. The soldiers aren't handing out 5.56 kisses. When they shoot, they shoot to kill. They terrorize. When you have a war machine like the US, the desire to resolve conflicts on their own, anywhere in the world. I would be pretty afraid.

this is the only one I will respond directly. Auschwitz itself has dropped its death toll by 2.5 million. It is being revised, as it should be. I'll let you look that up. This is a fact. I am not coming here to change your minds, notice how I haven’t brought up other denial ****. that is because I think the truth is being twisted in a lot of cases. but teh fact is, the original death toll was approx. 6 million, Auschwitz lowered its numbers and the official death toll is still 6 million. There are things like this that most people don't know.

Again, author and source for this, please? When you say "Auschwitz itself has dropped its death toll," what do you mean? There is no concentration camp authority in Auschwitz. There is a town there, a museum there, and the camp itself. Auschwitz doesn't drop its numbers - it just is. So where are you getting this information?

And who suggested that Auschwitz alone was responsible for 6 million Jewish deaths? Six million Jews (at least) died in camps all across the Reich.

You kept bringing up Russia... now that is a holocaust. I had to look twice when I first read those numbers.

My favorite sin of Stalin's was when he identified and rounded up the partisans and escaped POWs who fought against the Germans behind German lines, providing crucial intelligence to the Soviets, causing all kinds of mayhem to the German command and control system and thanked them by sending them to death and labor camps after the end of the War. Grateful fellow, Papa Joe.

When I was a student in the Soviet Union, I was amazed at the numbers of monuments I saw to the "Great Patriotic War," which is their term for World War II. Alas, I never found one monument that commemorated civilian deaths, or the sacrifices made by the partisans. Bizarre.

I applaud you for military work. America will need more of you in the future.
I have family history in the military myself and I have friends in Afghanistan right now as well. Believe me I have always wanted to, but just because I have never served doesn't make my opinion crap.

I brook no one for having not served, and I expect no one's thanks for having done it myself. It was my choice, and I did it. What I did had nothing to do with terrorism.

I can see mistakes like any other person. I may not have a certificate on my wall "yet", but I research everything I have interest in.

Absolutely correct. Diplomas mean very little. All I'm asking for is citation of the sources upon which you base your conclusions, so that I can examine them, too. That gives us a better basis for a discussion.

The problem right now is the Middle East. The past it the past, and now we must fix the present. DO I think Israel must go??? NO. It is to late for that now. They leave, the hatred for them and the west will still be there.

Okay. I understood you to mean that the removal of Israel would bring peace to the region. If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

I agree, lies got the USA people into a mess and now many have died. Passing teh 9/11 death toll I believe. I also do think they can't leave, that would be a HUGE mistake. but it will happen. especially with popular opinion and the new presidential race.

Yep. I'm afraid so. A huge blunder will be turned into a catastrophic one.

it does suck to hear you lost a buddy in 9/11. But that is no reason to hold a grudge on any race of people. They had a reason for what they did. You can hold a grudge against your government. They had plenty of time to stop the attacks. Heck they even trained them. But I think it is BS that you call me an anti-Semite, when you outspokenly say you dislike Muslims.

Which is why I said what I said to David. I clearly stated that I've had to fight the urge to hold a grudge against Muslims because of 9/11, and that it wouldn't be reasonable of me to hold all Muslims responsible. I agree with you here.

back to the uniforms and terrorism issue. It all depends on which side of the wall you are on... you can't deny that.

I can deny it. I don't believe objective truth, or right and wrong, is merely a result of perspective. There really is wrong, and there really is right. Sometimes both sides partake a little of each, but they do exist, and are mutually exclusive in and of themselves.

Also, you would have to be a complete idiot to walk up to a vet and call him a terrorist.

Or a coward to call him one on a chat board and not to his face. I take issue with folks who will say these things from the safe anonymity of a chat room, in the privacy of their home, and not to the supposed offender's face, in public.

If someone feels that a soldier is a terrorist, then I want to know what they are actively doing to stop it. Are they marching in protest? Are they writing their elected officials? Are they writing newspapers? Are they laying down in front of heavy equipment en route to the theater of war? Words are just words. What are they doing to stop this terrorism? Most importantly, are they publicly insisting that their law enforcement officials charge returning Iraqi War veterans with terrorism?

But they do terrorize people; IT is war, plain and simple. It isn't a nice place. The soldiers aren't handing out 5.56 kisses.

Actually there's plenty of footage of soldiers handing out all the chocolate bars the kids can take from them, but that's taking your point literally.

War is not terrorism. War is a continuation of state policy by other means. Were the Allies terrorists because they fought a war against Germany in World War II? Were the Northern states terrorists to fight a war to preserve the integrity of the United States and abolish slavery? Do you really believe that, Recon? Have you accused a Canadian veteran of World War II, who fought under Montgomery, and slogged his way across Northern France and Germany to defeat fascism, and open the gates of places like Bergen-Belsen a terrorist?

Coalition soldiers also aren't walking around shooting people randomly. The Coalition has built power plants, roads, bridges, schools, clinics, etc. They have set up vocational training programs, funded enrollment programs for local colleges, technical schools and universities. They have begun civil service training programs. They have tried to keep terrorists from using the civilian population as human shields. They are trying to bring a representative, republican form of government to Iraq, in place of the previous, oppressive dictatorship. Too many folks see only the bad side of what happens in Iraq and Afghanistan, and not the good side.

When they shoot, they shoot to kill. They terrorize.

When they shoot to kill, they have rules of engagement that dictate what they can't and can shoot at. They cannot shoot someone who poses no threat and offers no resistance, which is why a few Marines are being tried by court martial for the Haditha incident. It is noteworthy that no incident like that happened before or since, in either Iraq or Afghanistan. Shooting an identified adversary in war, though, is not terrorism. It is war. Shooting an unidentified person without cause will get you justifiably court-martialled, because war has rules and standards of conduct. Terrorism has no rules.

When you have a war machine like the US, the desire to resolve conflicts on their own, anywhere in the world.

Then perhaps the world should stop asking for U.S. troops, technology, support and money each and every time a regional problem brews up that needs "fixing." The U.N. should stop asking our help for places like Bosnia, Somalia, Rwanda, Lebanon, etc.

I'm not pleased with the presence of U.S. troops outside our borders, either, but it's largely a product of the United States having shouldered the majority of the burden for the rest of the non-communist world in the Cold War period that followed World War II. Old habits are hard to break.

hopeful skeptic said:
Again, author and source for this, please? When you say "Auschwitz itself has dropped its death toll," what do you mean? There is no concentration camp authority in Auschwitz. There is a town there, a museum there, and the camp itself. Auschwitz doesn't drop its numbers - it just is. So where are you getting this information?

And who suggested that Auschwitz alone was responsible for 6 million Jewish deaths? Six million Jews (at least) died in camps all across the Reich.

It was never stated that Auschwitz had 6 million jewish deaths. But up until 1989 memorial plaque said 4 million were killed their... in 1989 a new plaque was placed at the memorial with a death toll of 1.5 million.

here are the plaques.
pre-1990
Auschwitz%20plaque%204mil.jpg

post-1990
Auschwitz%20plaque%201.5mil.jpg

this is common knowledge. You ask for a source... how about go to Auschwitz or just look into it. This is not a conspiracy. If this is a lie or a hoax... I will be the biggest jerk who ever lived.

Some americans have taken part in torturing prisoners. One could say this is a form of terrorism. I have read many cases where innocents have been gunned down just in case they are terrorist etc. Churches and civilian homes destroyed with little or no regard.

I wouldn't have a problem calling certain American soldiers terrorist. Some have acted in those ways. Not all.

Some americans have taken part in torturing prisoners. One could say this is a form of terrorism.

One certainly could. Can't judge everyone by the actions of a few. Those responsible for Abu Ghraib were court-martialled, and the commanding officer of the post removed from command.

I have read many cases where innocents have been gunned down just in case they are terrorist etc. Churches and civilian homes destroyed with little or no regard.

I'm unaware of any incident where American soldiers destroyed a church, unless you're using "church" as a synonym for "mosque." Even so, I am not aware of any mosque being destroyed without terrorists having used it as cover, knowing that American soldiers were originally under orders that precluded them from firing on mosques for any reason, no matter how many terrorists were firing on them from the roofs and windows. Since that ridiculous order was lifted, the terrorists are now using schools and hospitals. One of the latest tricks is loading a bunch of terrorists into an ambulance and firing from it, or using it to safely move from one spot to another. Nice fellows.

I am aware of one documented incident - Haditha - where civilians were not properly identified, yet engaged as though they were enemy targets. Those responsible are being court-martialled, as they should be.

If you have other documented incidents, please list them.

I wouldn't have a problem calling certain American soldiers terrorist. Some have acted in those ways. Not all.

No problems there.

Recon said:
It was never stated that Auschwitz had 6 million jewish deaths. But up until 1989 memorial plaque said 4 million were killed their... in 1989 a new plaque was placed at the memorial with a death toll of 1.5 million.

here are the plaques.
pre-1990

post-1990

this is common knowledge. You ask for a source... how about go to Auschwitz or just look into it. This is not a conspiracy. If this is a lie or a hoax... I will be the biggest jerk who ever lived.

Recon, I hate to do this to you, but I can explain the change in the plaque very simply. The information is available in several places, but I would recommend "A War to Be Won," by Alan Millett (a former professor of mine, in fact).

When the Allies won World War II, and the missing relatives, friends, spouses, children, siblings, etc., were counted up, it was clear that at least 6 million Jews were missing. The Allies had liberated camps all along the Western Front (Bergen-Belsen, Dachau, Auschwitz, etc.) and records could account for many deaths, but millions were unaccounted for.

Near the end of the Reich - specifically in the summer of '44, after the Soviets launched Operation Bagration, and the Americans and Commonwealth armies were pushing toward the Rhine - Hitler gave a "step-up" order, and wanted the "Final Solution" implemented more quickly. ("Final Solution," in fact, comes from this period.)

The Allies thought that perhaps records of the names of victims had been either destroyed in the closing months of the war, or overlooked altogether in the rush to kill Jews. Therefore, they surmised that the few million "missing" victims must have been pushed through Auschwitz very quickly, since it was liberated rather late, and was one of the larger camps. Why did they surmise this? Because the Soviets, while admitting they had liberated camps, did not release any numbers or records from those camps. They also claimed that they had liberated the camps before most of the mass killings had been implemented, unlike the Allies, who dragged their feet. Six million were clearly missing, so Auschwitz looked like the answer for the "missing millions."

Of course, this was bosh. In 1989, Mikhail Gorbachev introduced glasnost, and the Soviet archives were opened for the first time. Among these archives were Soviet appraisals of how many people had been killed by the Nazis, and where. The pieces fell into place. Not all the "missing millions" came through Auschwitz in the closing days of the war. They suffered, were worked to death and died in camps that had been liberated by the Soviets, and for which records were not made available to the American and Commonwealth investigators. The plaque was rescribed (as was the museum directory and literature, incidentally) to reflect the latest research.

Two items of interest:

1. Survivors of Auschwitz gave reasonably accurate accounts of how many people they thought had passed through the camp, and been gassed, but the American and British investigators didn't believe them. If the Jews were interested in exaggerating their death toll, I've no idea why they would provide contradicting evidence to Allied investigators who felt the death toll was indeed higher.

2. If you look at Cold War-era history books, you'll find that the Soviet death toll was reckoned to be around 10 million people: soldiers, sailors, peasants, Jews, Ukrainian nationalists, Cossacks, gypsies, etc. After the archives opened, the death toll rose to 20 million, and the latest research places the figure probably closer to 30 million. Thirty million people. To be fair, the death toll includes those people either actively or passively killed by Stalin and Hitler together, but they were all Soviet subjects.

Now, why folks don't accuse the Russians of exaggerating their death toll, but do accuse the Jews of doing it, is an observation of some interest.

You're not a jerk.

Back