• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Climate Change: Fact and Denial

Skeptical science is run by the very same guy that fabricated the most recent 97% CONsensus John "cook the books" Cook. He is also a washed up cartoonist so that certainly qualifies him to run a stupid website like skepticalscience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't demonstrate facts to the regressive left and expect them to take an objective re evaluation of their opinion on a matter. Facts are not important to their belief system.

It's like trying to raise facts about Roswell to a true believer, they are not interested. They WANT to believe

....and left's want to believe man is responsible for global warming as it fits the overall belief system and paradigm

You really have this all backwards. Global warming is not about a belief system, but just plain facts. There is no such thing as a "regressive" left. The so-called left believes that health care in the U.S. is a right and not a privilege. The Constitution twice refers to "general welfare" of the population. Do you think that involves depriving people of health care and other essential services under the illusion of individual freedoms for rich people?

I am neither right nor left, but a realist. I think there's wackiness to be found at both ends of the spectrum. It's just that the so-called left has a respect for facts. The right? Well, I just heard the health secretary being interviewed on a cable TV news show about the proposed health care overhaul. He talked in generalities about imaginary things that might appear in a future bill, are not in the current bill, but refused to bend on his nonsense.

You live in a land where everyone is entitled to health care. It's called Medicare, and it's a whole sight better than what we have in this country. Our Medicare starts at age 65, and the right wants to raise that age.

Maybe I should move.

You really have this all backwards. Global warming is not about a belief system, but just plain facts. There is no such thing as a "regressive" left. The so-called left believes that health care in the U.S. is a right and not a privilege. The Constitution twice refers to "general welfare" of the population. Do you think that involves depriving people of health care and other essential services under the illusion of individual freedoms for rich people?

I am neither right nor left, but a realist. I think there's wackiness to be found at both ends of the spectrum. It's just that the so-called left has a respect for facts. The right? Well, I just heard the health secretary being interviewed on a cable TV news show about the proposed health care overhaul. He talked in generalities about imaginary things that might appear in a future bill, are not in the current bill, but refused to bend on his nonsense.

You live in a land where everyone is entitled to health care. It's called Medicare, and it's a whole sight better than what we have in this country. Our Medicare starts at age 65, and the right wants to raise that age.

Maybe I should move.

Yes it is a belief system. Not one of you pro "warmers" take in account that we just entered an interglacial period of the current ice age. This means there is a brief, geologically speaking, warming period. Since humans have been around we have had a few cold and warm periods during this ice age.
The little ice age ended around 1870,

Gene, I ask you right here and now to tell me which way temps would tend to change during a warming period. Warmer or cooler? Think hard now.

The tell us just how much warming we have experienced since the 1870's.

Now tell us how you or science determines what warming is natural and what warming is from the anthropogenic contribution of CO2.

You can't and science can't either.

I hope CO2 rises to at least 700ppm soon. This will Green the planet just like we all want.

Yes it is a belief system. Not one of you pro "warmers" take in account that we just entered an interglacial period of the current ice age. This means there is a brief, geologically speaking, warming period. Since humans have been around we have had a few cold and warm periods during this ice age.
The little ice age ended around 1870,

Gene, I ask you right here and now to tell me which way temps would tend to change during a warming period. Warmer or cooler? Think hard now.

The tell us just how much warming we have experienced since the 1870's.

Now tell us how you or science determines what warming is natural and what warming is from the anthropogenic contribution of CO2.

You can't and science can't either.

I hope CO2 rises to at least 700ppm soon. This will Green the planet just like we all want.

The 97% of all scientists claim has been so completely debunked, you can't take anyone seriously who still hangs on to it

I would however say 100% of all scientists whose project funding and jobs depend on a man made warming narrative are more likely to find data that feeds the narrative

The 97% claim is not a claim. It is a fact that has been disputed, with faux evidence, by climate deniers. But it had not been debunked.

The 97% of all scientists claim has been so completely debunked, you can't take anyone seriously who still hangs on to it

I would however say 100% of all scientists whose project funding and jobs depend on a man made warming narrative are more likely to find data that feeds the narrative
Wrong.

Sometimes ignorance is dangerous.

Not only is it occurring, it's actually happening faster than previously understood.

And it is anthropic.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0768.1

Last edited:
Where is the warming then?

Gene I dare you to answer my questions.

Gene, would appreciate your thoughts on the following if you wouldn't mind, as you are so grounded into the science of man made warming:

- Solar cycles: does earth warming and cooling history correlate to solar cycles?

- Carbon dioxide production: Apart from man, what are the other contributors to CO2 from nature and how are they changing?

- Actual warming: how much has temperature deviated as a %, charts with micro scales can exaggerate small deviations?

- Would warming definitely be a Bad thing? Effect of warming on precipitation and additional precipitation to arrid areas?

Or is it CNN said 97% of Scientists believe global warming is man made and it's catastrophic? Must be true...

So you can prove 97% of Scientists believe that global warming is caused exclusively by man's activity?

Please go ahead...

(The burden of proof is on the claimant, not to prove the negative)

97% of climate models actually prove this so called "97% of scientists... mantra" wrong. Lmao!

Hopefully pixelsmith and Greer's Meeting Planner will post here.
I don't know.

It's pretty much a religious debate. It feels... Galilean.

Hey guys, you can just look and see the fact that your old book is wrong, maybe we should update it...

Nope! Facts don't matter, my beliefs are all that matters! Um, I mean, I just made up some new facts that matter more... see, there's a debate here, and maybe there's controversy, etc, etc.

Pixel and Greer here are acting downright papal.

They didn't listen for a couple hundred years. It took science and society just ignoring them to make progress.

The internet routes around damaged nodes and just keeps working. I suggest we learn from history and technology and just do the same.

So where was I... oh yes. 97% of climate models prove that the so called 97% consensus is wrong.
The models don't work well.
CO2 cannot cause catastrophic warming because of its very nature. A little CO2 does cause a bit of warming but adding a lot of it does very little.

So where was I... oh yes. 97% of climate models prove that the so called 97% consensus is wrong.
The models don't work well.
CO2 cannot cause catastrophic warming because of its very nature. A little CO2 does cause a bit of warming but adding a lot of it does very little.

Math is hard.

Omg The Mann Made Global Warming scam is coming to a head.
Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘hockey stick’ Mann | Principia Scientific International

Penn State climate scientist, Michael ‘hockey stick’ Mann commits contempt of court in the ‘climate science trial of the century.’ Prominent alarmist shockingly defies judge and refuses to surrender data for open court examination. Only possible outcome: Mann’s humiliation, defeat and likely criminal investigation in the U.S.

The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball (above, right) is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

As can be seen from the graphs below; Mann’s cherry-picked version makes the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) disappear and shows a pronounced upward ‘tick’ in the late 20th century (the blade of his ‘hockey stick’). But below that, Ball’s graph, using widely available public data, shows a much warmer MWP, with temperatures hotter than today, and showing current temperatures well within natural variation.

And I bet Marduk has no clue who Mann is.

Back