• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Clark's UFO ENCYCLOPEDIA

Free episodes:

fastwalker4894

Paranormal Novice
Hello!

I've never actually owned a copy of this but have always wanted to read it.

Recently I came across the UFO Encyclopedia in the Worcester, MA public library. It was the old version (3-volume set).

My question for those old-timers with more of a handle on the literature than I is:

what exactly are the differences between the 1st and 2nd edition?

I know the most recent edition (closing in on 10 years old at this point...) is only 2 volumes, but I'm wondering where the differences lie and how relevant the original 3-volume still is. It was a fascinating compendium of info while I reviewed it in the public library, but it was not available for loan so I merely had limited time during my visit there. It didn't exactly resemble an "encyclopedia" per se but the detail in the articles was refreshing. Still, I'd hate to think of it as painting any sort of "academic" picture of the subject, when there is so much near-infinite literature on the subject.

Also, while we're here, what other J. Clark's books are most worthwhile? The library also had a few other books of his, including a Mysterious Creatures one or something to that effect- I toyed with naming my band "Errant Kangaroos" after one of his entries...

Fastwalker, I own both editions of Clark's set. In my opinion the first version is much more complete. Version 2 is abridged, the first one is much more complete. FWIW.

Decker

thanks a lot Don!

I recently scored the 1998 version for about 1/3 of what it retails for. But I guess the hunt is on now for a reasonably priced "outdated" version.

So basically, there's the 1st edition, the 2nd edition, and "The UFO Book" in terms of completeness, in that order?

thanks a lot Don!

I recently scored the 1998 version for about 1/3 of what it retails for. But I guess the hunt is on now for a reasonably priced "outdated" version.

So basically, there's the 1st edition, the 2nd edition, and "The UFO Book" in terms of completeness, in that order?

Yes, I believe you got it!

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back