• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cisco Grove Incident caught on film

Free episodes:

Nice bit of casting...that is interesting...in the previous episode. Dr. Joyce Brothers as a astronomer/astrophysicist, I remember her making appearances on Captain Kangaroo.

I have the series on a bootleg DVD. Strange to see Blue Book cases time-shifted into the late Seventies, portrayed with bad imitation Star Wars and Close Encounters UFO special effects. Stranger still to see Robby the Robot with a see through R2-D2 head in this episode.

I have the series on a bootleg DVD. Strange to see Blue Book cases time-shifted into the late Seventies, portrayed with bad imitation Star Wars and Close Encounters UFO special effects. Stranger still to see Robby the Robot with a see through R2-D2 head in this episode.
Exactly. I saw people debating the name of the show on IMDB. A lot of people (including myself) remember the show being called "Project Bluebook" (not Project UFO). Seems like one season it was called one name & the other season it was called the other name. Not sure what the reasoning was for that.

About 10 mins ago I showed the "Cisco Grove reenactment" to my 7 & 9 year old daughters. They were both laughing the entire time. My 9 year old asked me why the space ships looked so fake lol. I did my best to explain what things were like in 1979.

There is a great little bit when the craft is down beside the cadet and you can hear the exact 'shhhh' sound Star Trek used for the automatic doors.
It isn't similar, it's the actual sound. I suppose the series was made by the same studio, or sound effects 8-track's were the same for all productions?

There is a great little bit when the craft is down beside the cadet and you can hear the exact 'shhhh' sound Star Trek used for the automatic doors.
It isn't similar, it's the actual sound. I suppose the series was made by the same studio, or sound effects 8-track's were the same for all productions?
Goggs, funny you said that. Because when I heard the "shhhh" sound I laughed to myself. I didn't bother trying to explain it to my kids as they wouldn't get it. But I totally noticed that last night.

It was Project UFO, and if you search old newspapers and magazines, you'll find listings for it under that title, at least in the USA.

Here's a Starlog issue with a long article on it from June 1978
Starlog Magazine Issue 014
Yeah, but it was also listed all over and shown on TV with the title "Project Bluebook". Someone on IMDB tried telling another user that he's mistaken and then there's a bunch of replies from all over saying that they saw it as Project Bluebook also. Then the guy tried saying maybe it was just in my area of the U.S. and then people adamantly posted things like "No, I'm from So. Cal and it was Project Bluebook", "Im from upstate NY and I remember it as Project Bluebook". I chimed in that it was Project Bluebook here in N.J. Several of us made the comment of "...when I first saw a TV series listed as "Project UFO" I thought, 'what is this show like a rip off of Project Bluebook?', then I discovered that it is the same show."

But it was most definitely Project Bluebook here in N.J. as well. I never even heard of it being called "Project UFO" until I saw it on YouTube and then did some research and found out it was called both titles.

Sounds like a rip in time-space, then. Looks like the peoples of two Earths are being folded together into one time stream.
One question though, since there may be other differences. In the world you are from, what color was Lucille Ball's hair?

Sounds like a rip in time-space, then. Looks like the peoples of two Earths are being folded together into one time stream.
One question though, since there may be other differences. In the world you are from, what color was Lucille Ball's hair?
LOL. Did I ever post about the time I was taken aboard a flying saucer?

Back