• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

chris farley grave site EVP

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
I took a friend out to visit the grave site of chis farley in resserection cemitery here in madison. his grave is in a mosolim on the south side of the cemitery. I took a cam corder with me to record the event.when i got home I watched the visit and during the visit I had said "sad he was a funny guy." my friend said "yeah he was." then seconds later i can hear a faint male voice say "make them laugh" nether me or my friend heard anything out of the ordary during the visit so.. how the heck did that get on the tape? what exactly IS an EVP? and was that really chris farley?

Electronic Voice Phenomenon or EVP are said to be voices of the dead or sounds made by them that Tape recorders etc pick up.

Been a sound engineer (What I do for a job) for far to long now and have never come across one myself.. not saying they do not exist, just saying in all my time I have not found one in all the recordings I have made.

so far the guy found faint footsteps in the chapel area as well as comferming the presance of the voice Im going back to the chapel to ask round see if some one on matiance came in during our visit

today the guy told me he comfemed that some one WAS in the chapel area and the voice was most likly whoever was there and he was looking for door sounds to see when the went in and out.

today the guy told me he comfemed that some one WAS in the chapel area and the voice was most likly whoever was there and he was looking for door sounds to see when the went in and out.

Very interesting situation. I am wondering if there is any known record of a "spirit" leaving a sound of footsteps before delivering a recorded & confirmed EVP??

ok I got what I beleve is a final say on the recording. Footsteps then the voice then more footsteps then A door! so here is what i think happened. some one came in they were in the chapel area. (farlys grave is in an alcove behind the chapel) they heard my comment they said softly "make them laugh" then left. so nope no ghost this time

Good detective work I commend you on doing it. Most ghost hunters would have just taken it as it is and said it must be an EVP.

ok I got what I beleve is a final say on the recording. Footsteps then the voice then more footsteps then A door! so here is what i think happened. some one came in they were in the chapel area. (farlys grave is in an alcove behind the chapel) they heard my comment they said softly "make them laugh" then left. so nope no ghost this time
Excellent followup, vesvehighfolk.

In my five years of ghost hunting, I've caught many EVP as has my wife. One particularly compelling piece of evidence we sent to an audio engineer who used to be a friend of ours, for strict analysis. This guy didn't believe in ghosts and, yadda-yadda so we figured he'd tell us straight what we had. Bare in mind this was one piece of many we've collected over the years.

That night the guy called us with a disgusted-but-excited, "How'd you do this," voice. According to him the audio, the 100% unedited version we sent to him, was 30% faster at the EVP anomaly. In other words the voicing was fine before and after the anomaly but, supposedly, during the spread of the anomaly the voice that came across was 30% faster than the ambient background noise. He stated that this was "impossible". I would say it may be analog-bleed but this was digital media.....taken on the Zoom H2 in non-normalized .wav files. I wouldn't say this turned the guy into a believer but he was certainly perplexed. Unfortunately we ended the friendship before he had the chance to review any more audio so we're not sure if the results are replicable.

David Rountree believes that EVP is some type of electronic interaction between the entity (ghost or otherwise) and the actual audio electronics being employed. He's got some pretty technical explanations about certain types of mic's and receivers in his books supporting his hypothesis. David's explanation argues that the phenomenon occurs inside the device. Other people believe it's a type of frequency manipulation detectable by electronic microphones but not the human ear. This explanation argues that the phenomenon occurs outside the device.

Some less-knowledgeable ghost hunters believe that things such as white noise and cheaper audio recorders give better EVP. I say such things just yield more false positives. If EVP is real then it's a phenomenon that will improve with sound quality. The better, more clear of audio you have, the better the EVP, and higher quality equipment and methods will produce more genuine EVP, not whispery, ghostly, "I don't know what it is but I think it's a ghost!" audio. Of the hundreds of EVP files we have most are just that, whispery, thumpy, elusive pieces of audio but there are a few high-caliber hits in there. I do believe in EVP, but understand some people's reservations about it.

My 2 pennies.

Back