• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chinese Mummies

....Then the Aryan races flourished, before all those "mud-peoples" started polluting the pure white race.

I read that theory before, yeah... i think it was in Mein Kampf. :p

Irishseekers, please don't take that statement offensive. As far as I remember from the History Channel program about Nazis explorations throughout the world - Middle East, South America, Tibet, they were looking for evidence to back up their statements about Ariens was the race, who was kind of the mother of all other races and, according to those ass...s, Nazi Germany was a direct descendant of that culture. And of course they'd 'found' those profs and included in 'Mein Kampf' It was a pure attempt to use interesting historical idea for their own purposes.

PS. But I wouldn't put Mein Kampf mention without putting it in a full context of my idea if I ever wanted to do so.
PSS. The History Channel isn't a single source for this idea, it just was the most recent mention and I remember it better then other mentions :)

the history channel has about the same credibility as a super market tabloid. lol!

I've always found it interesting that we humans don't readily know or accept our own history. Apparently early man (bronze age man anyways) had the travel bug.

Seems like there were Romans in China a long time ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1541421/Roman-descendants-found-in-China.html

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-37148.html

I think there's a great deal of our own history which we humans will either ignore, or sadly, never discover. Modern man is clever, but I don't think he holds the patent on cleverness. We had to build upon some sort of a foundation.

Yeah, I've seen that story run on BBC about a roman legion supposedly getting lost in China and settling there. They showed some people from that specific region who claimed to be descendents of the romans who had distinctly vivid european facial features and blond or red hair with green eyes. I think ancient peoples were definately a lot more mobile than previously believed.

I've been fascinated by these mummies found in the Tarim Basin in China for years. I first read about them in Archaeology Magazine as I was flying to the Yucatan several years ago. The fabrics they wore were woven by a method used in Ireland. Here's a link to the fabric contact analysis. http://www.archaeology.org/9609/newsbriefs/tarim.html

If you watch the video, one of the mummies has a Celt symbol near it's nose and not sure how old the mummy was in years. The fabric was wore by the Celts from Ireland, but we can not discount the possibility some of the mummies where Celts from France or Spain. Celts tribes for started of in France and they spread out all over Europe to settle.

I am not sure if it was the National Geographic Channel, the History Channel or just what but there has been at least one program on about the Chinese mummies. They did DNA studies on a lot of them and the results were very interesting. I think that the red haired man with the face tattoo came up with at least some east Asian DNA and there were other similar surprises. It seems that the deserts where these bodies were found were on a trading route of hundreds of years thus causing many ethnic groups to comingle. Facinating group of people.

I saw somebody write here on this subject, and i looked to see, if i could find interesting video on the subject. This video was the best i found. The mummies range in age from 1000 years to 4000 years and are well preserved and most of this mummies had red or blonde hair and look white and where found in China.Now there is nothing to suggest anything alien about the people found, to me it suggests there was a travelling of Europeans into China thousands of years ago. Before this discovery, that was ruled out, as not a possibility.I also find it interesting, that mummies of a red or blonde people have been found in South America, New Zealand, Egypt, and now China, so who where this race? where did they come from, and how far do they stretch back in time, we found the mummies 'yes', and did a carbon date of the age, but are these people older than that?

I looked at the mummies in the video, i don't know, if i am seeing things, so i can be corrected, but one of the mummies faces seem to have a tattoo of a spiral near it's nose, That is a Celt symbol, and i have no problem in saying that. Anyway here is the video for those people who are interested.

http://www.mazalien.com/mummies-in-china.html
Thank you. Very interesting.

Thank you. Very interesting.

No Problem Diny, this thread was posted a while back, but new information has been posted recently about the Chinese mummies. There was a scientific report published last month just gone. That stated that the oldest mummies are around 4,000 year's and mostly likely originated outside of China from a mixtures of places such as Europe and Siberia.
One of the Mummies has without a doubt a spiral shape tattoo Diny and without question; this is a Celt symbol that marked their particular race. What we know about the Celts is very patchy in places, but the common believe is that they; the Celts originated in Southern Germany, Austria, and Switzerland around 1000BC. I'm not sure if the mummy i saw with the tattoo of the spiral, was one of the mummies that has been dated to have lived during the period of the Celts? but, The mummies that are 4,OOO years old there is no known history of Celts around that time. So therefore they are probably Europeans from an unknown background and culture system.

The Siberian connection with the mummies is interesting, because the Celts spoke an Indo-European language and some think historically there was a connection between the Celt's and peoples from the Russian Steppes. There has been a number of Celt settlements found in Italy, Ireland, Austria, Britain, Czechoslovakia/ Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary,Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, and Western Persia/ Iran. It is my Believe, this culture expanded further and explored other areas of the world, and this discoveries are testimony to the fact. Another Interesting fact is, Classical Greek and Roman Historians who encountered the Celts, Described them as Tall, with Fair complexion and light hair, usually said to be red or blond.

Chinese mummy exhibit starting soon at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, CA. Bowers | Website

Saw this exhibit earlier this week. Three mummies there and lots of other material. The woman mummy was outstanding - you could clearly see her features and she must have been a great beauty in life. The textiles were interesting as well. Many were finely woven brocade-type fabrics with intricate detail of animals and other designs. Someone had to have very good eyesight to have made them. If you are in the LA area, I would advise a trip if you can.

The woman mummy was outstanding - you could clearly see her features and she must have been a great beauty in life.
She is kinda hot for a 4000 year-old mummy. I hope my gal is still looking that good at her age.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back