• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

CattleMutilations and Necrotizing fasciitis

clockRadio

Paranormal Novice
CattleMutilations and Necrotizing fasciitis (Warning offensive pictures)

I was just wondering about connection between cattle mutilations and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis Necrotizing fasciitis. They often mention predators and pranksters being the cause but are the lesions not very similar to those in Necrotizing fasciitis.

Some random cattle mutilations from images.google

chupacabra_cattle_mutilation_large_thumbnail.jpg cow3la.jpg

Some random necrotizing fasciitis:
art-w460909.fig1.jpgface.jpg

Just a random post, probably discussed before.

I've seen around 200 cases and I also knew someone that had a case of "galloping gangrene." Good call, but I don't think there is any connection whatsoever. Its one thing to have a resistant staph germ that eats human skin, quite another that eats massive amounts of cow hide. Its not by accident we make shoes out of cow hide, its extremely thick and tough. These animals are being cut with a sharp instrument and there is evidence such as cut hair follicles to suggest this, etc

Dermestid beetles/larvae and many of their "cousins" can do precision type "cutting" of flesh.

FFS. Put a warning on the thread title?! Seriously, these images need a warning. There could be young kids on here. I'm a grown man and don't want to look at really graphic images like these...links are just as good and wouldn't prevent your points being made. Not cool...

I think the title itself would be a warning for most squeamish people. The images are very educational for young and old IMO.

I think the title itself would be a warning for most squeamish people. The images are very educational for young and old IMO.

I will go on record as disagreeing with that statement, pixelsmith; it is my opinion these sorts of images do require a link and a warning.

As for the connection, yes, they do look similar in some ways, however, there is surgical paint along the edges of the one patient's face where it appears the dead flesh was cut away. That likely accounts for the neat edges. I did not look very closely at the neck area of the other person.

Again, I agree with the suggestion to please post a highly visible warning for these types of images if any of you are thinking of adding them to a thread - I would hate my grandkids to see something like this the next time they watch over my shoulder :eek:

I will go on record as disagreeing with that statement, pixelsmith; it is my opinion these sorts of images do require a link and a warning.

As for the connection, yes, they do look similar in some ways, however, there is surgical paint along the edges of the one patient's face where it appears the dead flesh was cut away. That likely accounts for the neat edges. I did not look very closely at the neck area of the other person.

Again, I agree with the suggestion to please post a highly visible warning for these types of images if any of you are thinking of adding them to a thread - I would hate my grandkids to see something like this the next time they watch over my shoulder :eek:

why should kids not see these images? because you think they are gross?

A warning is a sensible thing to include and there is no harm in adding one. In our PC world you have to cater for those that will look for issues wherever they may be. Saying that the images are quite shocking and do illustrate the submitters credence for the title of this thread.

I would go further and say the cattle mutilations are a criminal act and that they should be investigated by the authorities as a crime. Then we could bat back to the authorities any half baked theory until we get the TRUTH !!!!!. Lets see them squirm when tell them to look harder when they come back blaming aliens, when we say show us the evidence, when we can keep saying 'the governement have the capability to carry this out, why are they doing it' and lets see if they can have a bit more focus to find an answer when farmers start getting serious compensation.

A warning is a sensible thing to include and there is no harm in adding one. In our PC world you have to cater for those that will look for issues wherever they may be. Saying that the images are quite shocking and do illustrate the submitters credence for the title of this thread.

I would go further and say the cattle mutilations are a criminal act and that they should be investigated by the authorities as a crime. Then we could bat back to the authorities any half baked theory until we get the TRUTH !!!!!. Lets see them squirm when tell them to look harder when they come back blaming aliens, when we say show us the evidence, when we can keep saying 'the governement have the capability to carry this out, why are they doing it' and lets see if they can have a bit more focus to find an answer when farmers start getting serious compensation.

I suppose if you have never hunted, killed, gutted and skinned and animal they might be shocking. I guess Minnesotans are used to such things.

Dermestid beetles/larvae and many of their "cousins" can do precision type "cutting" of flesh

they do look similar in some ways, however, there is surgical paint along the edges of the one patient's face where it appears the dead flesh was cut away. That likely accounts for the neat edges. I did not look very closely at the neck area of the other person.

Yes, from what I read, they cut away the dead tissue in the hospitals prior to these pictures, but I think like "pixelsmith" said, this cutting could be done by beetles and larvae in nature. I think they are known for eating scar-tissue.

I've seen around 200 cases and I also knew someone that had a case of "galloping gangrene." Good call, but I don't think there is any connection whatsoever. Its one thing to have a resistant staph germ that eats human skin, quite another that eats massive amounts of cow hide. Its not by accident we make shoes out of cow hide, its extremely thick and tough

I take your word for it since you have really looked into these things, I was just curious about this possibility after seeing some staph infection pictures. I guess someone with tanning experience could answer the questions if this is possible or not with the durable cow hide.

I suppose if you have never hunted, killed, gutted and skinned and animal they might be shocking. I guess Minnesotans are used to such things.

And so are kids who grew up not knowing what beef tasted like until they moved to town. That has nothing to do with what is, and is not, appropriate for children to see. One has to do with putting food on the table, the other does not.

Ya, life sucks, yadayada, nature ain't pretty, ad nauseum. There is a place for these pics, and I prefer to be warned, thank you.

There is a place for these pics, and I prefer to be warned, thank you.

I agree. I would have appreciated a warning. Not quite what I like to view over breakfast. Different people have different levels of squeamishness, and a link to the images, with a warning that some may wish to avoid them, would have been more appropriate. I expected a discussion, not graphic images of suffering. Some of us are not inured to such things, and if that makes us soft, so what? I'd sooner have a strong reaction to such images than no reaction at all.

Back