• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Captured an Orb on Video

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
Here's a link to something I captured on video the other day when I was out with my family:

It's nothing paranormal since I know exactly what it is, but it's interesting how something can look strange on video.

Moth? Big one. :p I go by the way it's flying - though actually it looks like there is a string of some kind - okay, so it's huge white spider :eek: spinning a web, getting blown by the breezes. Are there electrical wires there? Something caught on the wires, blowing around? The end of a very long fishing pole? A balloon dying?

Okay, @Angel of Ioren - what is it? :)

You'll have to listen to episode 17 of Double Density (my podcast) to find out! Just kidding, although you can listen if you want when it comes out next week.

You can see it a little better in the picture here; it's a tiny caterpillar that was hanging from a branch. I tried to take a picture of it but I just couldn't get decent focus on it. When I shot a video I thought the results were kind of interesting.

It was right near me but in the video it looked like it was floating over my son.

IMG_6047.jpg

So you just explained how to create a hoaxed UFO video. ;) It's that near/far thing. It's so easy.

P.S. Though even with your explanation I don't see what you say is suppose to be there. What is the caterpillar doing? hanging in air?

Greers being doing it for years

b75a7b602ce8.jpg

I'm in good company then :)

Yes, it was just hanging there in the air from a branch, sort of floating in the wind. The camera could not focus on it since it was so small - sort of like a modern day "rod."
Bingo! Okay, that's what I thought I saw, there was a thread - something - connecting it (whatever it was) to something and the wind was twirling it around (if it wasn't a free flying moth). :)

Just curious: were there electrical wires? I thought I saw them in the video - very faintly evident. Were they there?

Back