• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can You Predict The Future ?

Do you have premonitions that come true?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Occasionally.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Stop waffling, gimme another drink ;)

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
I'll keep a look-out till midnight if any earthquakes show up on Googles news main page. Lol, I bet it will freak you out if something shows up too! :D

freak me out? probably not. i lived orange county, california from 1955-1964. we had earthquakes on a regular basis. as a kindergartner i was "predicting" earthquakes quite often. not seriously, just as a joke.

however, in 2004 i did tell my girlfriend a huge earthquake was going to occur very soon. 5 days later the indian ocean earthquake/tsunami struck.

in the first week of september 2001 i told my girlfriend something very disturbing was going to happen but i didnt know what. on 9/11 something bad did in fact happen.

these feelings have come to me most of my life. i DO NOT consider it anything special or out of the ordinary. i DO NOT claim i have any special "gift" or precognitive abilities. when i get these feelings that something is going to happen, i "see" a black hole sort of thing in the SW sky not too far off the horizon, (it is not really there, one time i asked my girlfriend if she could see it) at arms length the hole is about the size of a softball. as i stare at the hole or black spot, i feel a disturbance or uneasiness... sometimes it is specific to an event, sometimes it is just a feeling... sometimes something happens, sometimes i do not know for sure because terrible things happen all the time. it is very probable it is a coincidence, and that is why i do not claim any special ability. i cannot make it happen, sometimes it happens when i am driving and is so distracting i have to pull over and basically submit to it. after a few minutes the "hole" fades away. many times nothing at all comes to my mind that i am aware of.

feel free to scoff, i scoff at it myself. the fact remains, it does happen to me. i feel ok telling everyone here about this. i learned the hard way to keep this to myself around family or close friends.

You say you get these "precognitive" visions sometimes, have they ever involved earthquakes before?

One of my EVP spirit contacts who comes into all of my EVP sessions is someone who claims to be my deceased father. I've already explained my thoughts on those entities who come into EVP recordings so I won't go into that here but one time, "my dad" shouted "Earthquake, California!" and lo and behold, a couple of hours after I got that EVP, a strong earthquake occurred in the Marin County and San Francisco area -- in fact, when it happened programs on tv were interrupted by that news. I could not even contact my relatives out there by phone because all of the lines were tied up at that time. This is the last time I got an earthquake prediction via, in this case, through a spirit communication.

As for those lucid mind eye visions that I get either via dreams, altered states of consciousness when I'm just waking up where I'm more awake than asleep... or sometimes when I'm meditating... like I said, some of them do turn out to be precognitive but oddly enough, when that happens, they usually turn out to be scenes from a movie I or someone in my family rents out or something that I see on TV sometime within the next few days after that lucid mind's eye vision -- in short, totally useless information and very frustrating because I wish I had more such visions of what's actually going to happen in the world in the near future or in my life or someone close to me... I only have experienced a few cases like that but enough to get excited about to continue to be attentive to them.

freak me out? probably not. i lived orange county, california from 1955-1964. we had earthquakes on a regular basis. as a kindergartner i was "predicting" earthquakes quite often. not seriously, just as a joke.

however, in 2004 i did tell my girlfriend a huge earthquake was going to occur very soon. 5 days later the indian ocean earthquake/tsunami struck.

in the first week of september 2001 i told my girlfriend something very disturbing was going to happen but i didnt know what. on 9/11 something bad did in fact happen.

these feelings have come to me most of my life. i DO NOT consider it anything special or out of the ordinary. i DO NOT claim i have any special "gift" or precognitive abilities. when i get these feelings that something is going to happen, i "see" a black hole sort of thing in the SW sky not too far off the horizon, (it is not really there, one time i asked my girlfriend if she could see it) at arms length the hole is about the size of a softball. as i stare at the hole or black spot, i feel a disturbance or uneasiness... sometimes it is specific to an event, sometimes it is just a feeling... sometimes something happens, sometimes i do not know for sure because terrible things happen all the time. it is very probable it is a coincidence, and that is why i do not claim any special ability. i cannot make it happen, sometimes it happens when i am driving and is so distracting i have to pull over and basically submit to it. after a few minutes the "hole" fades away. many times nothing at all comes to my mind that i am aware of.

feel free to scoff, i scoff at it myself. the fact remains, it does happen to me. i feel ok telling everyone here about this. i learned the hard way to keep this to myself around family or close friends.

That's impressive!
You know how it is though, no one wants to claim that they think what they experienced could be pre-cognitive because no one wants to give the impression that they have any special abilities in this area -- or that they are "special".
This is why I deleted that post of my vision the next day after I posted it -- it just felt so WEIRD.

BTW, I know you were joking but let's see what happens later today.. if an big earthquake ends up being reported on Google News main page then that would certainly be interesting regardless that you live in California where you get tremblers out there all the time.

Thanks for describing to me what that process is like for you when you have those precog experiences. I think those who have had very traumatic life threatening experiences in their lives are more apt to have such precog experiences -- moreso than others simply because they have experienced the "dark night of the soul" which many times culminates into a spiritual transformative experience that continues to unfold for the rest of their life. So in that respect, even the most horrific experiences sometimes turn out to be blessings no matter which way you look at it. :)

BTW, I know you were joking but let's see what happens later today.. if an big earthquake ends up being reported on Google News main page then that would certainly be interesting regardless that you live in California where you get tremblers out there all the time.

i live in minnesota now. not many tremblers here.

Yes, I have deleted messages here in this forum before.

As for the second part of this question... you are suggesting that I ingeniously typed out that 'prediction', took a screenshot of it, deleted it and then inserted that screenshot of that prediction in my post here to back up my assertion that I had that earthquake 'prediction' 2 days early... right?

So in other words, I did all of that to make it appear that I had that prediction before those earthquakes occurred -- and not after.

Well gee, you must think I'm one smart cookie to plan something like that all out like that... but hon, the fact is... I just ain't that smart -- AND NEITHER ARE YOU....
because if what you are saying is true, then why does it say "Yesterday, 5:37 PM" in that notation that's in the top left hand corner of that screen shot of my post and not "Today... and the time I would have done that?

For example, I'm now typing out a message in this box and when I click the submit button, it's going to say "Today (and the exact time I click on submit)" -- it's not going to say "Yesterday ... and the time".

So keeping this in mind, look again at my screenshot of that prediction -- do you see that it says "Yesterday, 5:37 PM" and not "Today...."?

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

I'm in total agreement with you that I am not smart, but I wasn't suggesting dishonesty on your part at all. I was wondering if each thing you did on that day was out of the ordinary for you. And then I wondered if you had a residue of the "vision", like a feeling that you were apart of the earthquake experience. My apologies if I was misunderstood.

I'm in total agreement with you that I am not smart, but I wasn't suggesting dishonesty on your part at all. I was wondering if each thing you did on that day was out of the ordinary for you. And then I wondered if you had a residue of the "vision", like a feeling that you were apart of the earthquake experience. My apologies if I was misunderstood.

Au contraire monsieur, then it is I who should apologize to you for misinterpreting your question on that.

It was a normal day for me but that vision was in back of my mind throughout the day. I couldn't let go of it because it was one of those lucid ones and I already told you what those are like. Some of them turn out to be pre-cogs.

The long and the short of it is, if it was only a gut feeling that a big earthquake was going to happen soon, then I most definitely would not have posted that 'prediction', but because it came in the form of a lucid hyper-real mind's eye vision, I had a strong feeling that it was going to come true. That's why I posted it here. Actually, it was a combo of both, first the vision and then a gut feeling.

Thanks for asking. :)

My Siamese cat, named Epicenter, predicted the last big earthquake here. She had three kittens at the time: Iridium, named after the meteor that ended the Cretaceous era and killed off the dinosaurs, Hurricane, and Temblor. She was very agitated, running around the house doing a 'cat crazy' when she should have been nestled with her kittens. Once the earthquake happened, she laid down and nursed the babies.

I called up the local TV station and told them the story. They were more interested in what the guy coming out of a 7/11 with a six pack had to say than about the cats. Hello? The cat's name is Epicenter! Hello?

We had four for awhile. Hurricane's daughter was named Ricochet. All their names were appropriate for their behavior. At the time I called them a 'Hassle of Siamese' like a murder of crows and considered them loud, obnoxious, and in your face. Hurricane's the only one left now. I sure do miss 'em.

My Siamese cat, named Epicenter, predicted the last big earthquake here. She had three kittens at the time: Iridium, named after the meteor that ended the Cretaceous era and killed off the dinosaurs, Hurricane, and Temblor. She was very agitated, running around the house doing a 'cat crazy' when she should have been nestled with her kittens. Once the earthquake happened, she laid down and nursed the babies.

I called up the local TV station and told them the story. They were more interested in what the guy coming out of a 7/11 with a six pack had to say than about the cats. Hello? The cat's name is Epicenter! Hello?

We had four for awhile. Hurricane's daughter was named Ricochet. All their names were appropriate for their behavior. At the time I called them a 'Hassle of Siamese' like a murder of crows and considered them loud, obnoxious, and in your face. Hurricane's the only one left now. I sure do miss 'em.

interesting... i wonder if elephants react like that prior to earthquakes... i understand they have very sensitive feet.

it seems there are a lot of members with animal companions. it might be interesting to have a thread devoted to them.... :)

We had four for awhile. Hurricane's daughter was named Ricochet. All their names were appropriate for their behavior.

I shudder to think what Ricochet's offspring will be named but, based on what I know so far, I think I should start wearing a Demron Bio/Radiation Protective Suit. Thanks for the tip! :redface:

off topic cat stuff...
i have a "tuxedo" cat named Jet. he was born 8:30 am on 9/11/01. he loves to attack my blind cat when she is up on her climbing tower. he is about 15 lbs and he knocks the tower down when he hits it. the darn thing was designed to withstand multiple cat attacks too. i called the manufacturer and they said i was crazy to think that a big cat would not topple their product if he hit it in the right spot.:rolleyes:

off topic cat stuff...
i have a "tuxedo" cat named Jet. he was born 8:30 am on 9/11/01. he loves to attack my blind cat when she is up on her climbing tower. he is about 15 lbs and he knocks the tower down when he hits it. the darn thing was designed to withstand multiple cat attacks too. i called the manufacturer and they said i was crazy to think that a big cat would not topple their product if he hit it in the right spot.:rolleyes:

Lol, demand a REFUND! :D Cute story!

Back