• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can the Ultraterrestrial Tricksters Airbrush Reality?

T

TheBitterOne

I grew up on a farm that, over the years, has been subjected to the occasional experience of high strangeness ala Skinwalker Ranch.

Nothing ever as dramatic, intense or constant as the phenomena in that case, but there have been strange lights over the farm, phantom helicopters seemingly materializing out of thin air to circle these lights, post-incident amnesia of multiple witnesses to these events, childhood abduction memories involving greys and insectoids, mystery big cats, cattle mutilations and disappearing objects.

About 18 months ago over the course of five days, three round bales of silage weighing approximately 1800lbs or 800kg each, inexplicably vanished overnight from their positions on the farm. In all three cases, two or more people confirmed these sudden disappearances. There were no patches of flattened, yellow grass as you would routinely see in the positions silage bales had formerly occupied, nor were there any signs of vehicle tracks leading up to or away from the positions or, in fact, any other visible disturbances of the soil or foliage in the vicinity whatsoever.

Most interestingly, about a year before this happened, one of these three round bales had disengaged from the arms of a tractor, rolled 50 yards down a steep hill and lodged in the edge of a muddy, reed-infested creek, where it had sat for over a year, as a big, moldy testament to the fact my Dad was getting too old to farm.

Cattle had always been completely uninterested in the large, grey lump of rotting straw. It had hit the creek in the wet months and created an impression in the bank of the stream that caused water to well around it. In the warm seasons the edges of this impression became bone-hard dirt rimming dank mud in which the bale sat.

Yet after the bale vanished – overnight and in the middle of summer - there were absolutely no signs of this impression at all. And not a single remnant strand of straw remained.

Almost as if the area had been Photoshopped back to its original state before the bale first rolled down into the creek.

100% true story. I sometimes still crouch at the spot and figuratively shake my head in wonder.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up on a farm that, over the years, has been subjected to the occasional experience of high strangeness ala Skinwalker Ranch.

Nothing ever as dramatic, intense or constant as the phenomena in that case, but there have been strange lights over the farm, phantom helicopters seemingly materializing out of thin air to circle these lights, post-incident amnesia of multiple witnesses to these events, childhood abduction memories involving greys and insectoids, mystery big cats, cattle mutilations and disappearing objects.

About 18 months ago over the course of five days, three round bales of silage weighing approximately 1800lbs or 800kg each, inexplicably vanished overnight from their positions on the farm. In all three cases, two or more people confirmed these sudden disappearances. There were no patches of flattened, yellow grass as you would routinely see in the positions silage bales had formerly occupied, nor were there any signs of vehicle tracks leading up to or away from the positions or, in fact, any other visible disturbances to the soil or foliage in the vicinity whatsoever.

Most interestingly, about a year before this happened, one of these three round bales had disengaged from the arms of a tractor, rolled 50 yards down a steep hill and lodged in the edge of a muddy, reed-infested creek, where it had sat for over a year, as a big, moldy testament to the fact my Dad was getting too old to farm.

Cattle had always been completely uninterested in the large, grey lump of rotting straw. It had hit the creek in the wet months and created an impression in the bank of the stream that caused water to well around it. In the warm seasons the edges of this impression became bone-hard dirt rimming dank mud in which the bale sat.

Yet after the bale vanished – overnight and in the middle of summer - there were absolutely no signs of this impression at all. Not even a single remnant strand of straw.

Almost as if the area had been Photoshopped back to its original state before the bale first rolled down into the creek.

100% true story. I sometimes still crouch at the spot and figuratively shake my head in wonder.

Any thoughts?
I think there are places scattered over the planet where strangeness occurs.Even in the very average town where I grew up there is an area where several generations of dogs get readily spooked and strange things such as orbs and for want of a better description,ghosts are seen.

About 18 months ago over the course of five days, three round bales of silage weighing approximately 1800lbs or 800kg each, inexplicably vanished overnight from their positions on the farm. In all three cases, two or more people confirmed these sudden disappearances. There were no patches of flattened, yellow grass as you would routinely see in the positions silage bales had formerly occupied, nor were there any signs of vehicle tracks leading up to or away from the positions or, in fact, any other visible disturbances of the soil or foliage in the vicinity whatsoever.

Yet after the bale vanished – overnight and in the middle of summer - there were absolutely no signs of this impression at all. And not a single remnant strand of straw remained.

Any thoughts?

I don't have any real thoughts on the bale yet but you really must try and detail as many odd occurrences there as you can remember - if only for posterity but also I'd love to know. There has to be a reason why these things were happening there?

Ok, just to get this clear, aside from the UAP's, and quite fascinating personal memories which help to magnify the story in a much more profound manner, up for discussiom is three ginormous, machine heavy bales of materials from the farm that went missing 18 months ago. When they disappeared from locations, there was no proof that they were ever there, suggesting in fact that they were never there at their locations originally. A year prior to this one of the bales rolled down the hill into the creek due to human error and it rotted away there with much aplomb. And when this one went missing there was no trace the bale had been busy rotting in the creek. Reality had been airbrushed - no dead grass and no evidence of rotting bale matter in the creek. Is that correct because that would be magic, right? What you're describing is reality breaking as we know it. The tricstker as Photoshopper of reality is very in keeping though with what people should be reporting in a digital age. What you describe is riveting. I only have questions regarding your narrative.

Did anything significant happen the night they disappeared?

Where do you think they went? Where does your dad think they went?

What interesting or significant events took place in the months leading up to the disappearance?

@TheBitterOne wrote "Yet after the bale vanished – overnight and in the middle of summer - there were absolutely no signs of this impression at all. Not even a single remnant strand of straw."

From what you wrote, the weight of the bale falling into the creek formed a shallow crater in the ground in which the bale sat and into which water flowed from the creek and stood there, on and off, through wet and dry periods. The most astonishing thing of all that you describe is that this indentation in the ground was no longer there, had disappeared, at the approximate time when the rotted bale had disappeared. This is indeed uncanny, must be a paranormal event. Thank you for sharing all of this here.

... but there have been strange lights over the farm, phantom helicopters seemingly materializing out of thin air to circle these lights, post-incident amnesia of multiple witnesses to these events ...

If there was "post-incident amnesia of multiple witnesses to these events", how is it that anyone remembered them well enough for them to end up reported here?

Since you create your own reality, it is you that is performing the airbrushing with the co-creation of the effect by your ET connections.

performing the airbrushing with the co-creation of the effect by your ET connections.
Just what exactly does that mean. How do you perceive the co-creation of this new reality where the bales are no longer in existence when they were in existence previously?

Hmmmmmm....I know it's harvest season and all, but I was hoping this thread was going to have some further discussion. Bales can't just zap out of existence, but it looks like our OP did which is a shame: wry, smart and loaded with personality, and now she's gone the way of The Autumn People in Something Wicked This Way Comes. By the pricking of my thumbs the A1C drums and drums and drums.

Hmmmmmm....I know it's harvest season and all, but I was hoping this thread was going to have some further discussion. Bales can't just zap out of existence, but it looks like our OP did which is a shame: wry, smart and loaded with personality, and now she's gone the way of The Autumn People in Something Wicked This Way Comes. By the pricking of my thumbs the A1C drums and drums and drums.
Me too.I thought there would be plenty mileage in this thread.

It's a great story but that is all it is. Riddled with problems, some already alluded to. One of the most obvious to me: why was the bail gone missing 'overnight'? How can that be stated categorically? Was there a Neighborhood Watch on the bale of hay?

There are other problems with the story as written, but OP gone. No questions will be answered. :(

I don't have any real thoughts on the bale yet but you really must try and detail as many odd occurrences there as you can remember - if only for posterity but also I'd love to know. There has to be a reason why these things were happening there?

For several reasons I don't want to go into too much detail, but it is considered 'sacred land'.

Ok, just to get this clear, aside from the UAP's, and quite fascinating personal memories which help to magnify the story in a much more profound manner, up for discussiom is three ginormous, machine heavy bales of materials from the farm that went missing 18 months ago. When they disappeared from locations, there was no proof that they were ever there, suggesting in fact that they were never there at their locations originally. A year prior to this one of the bales rolled down the hill into the creek due to human error and it rotted away there with much aplomb. And when this one went missing there was no trace the bale had been busy rotting in the creek. Reality had been airbrushed - no dead grass and no evidence of rotting bale matter in the creek. Is that correct because that would be magic, right? What you're describing is reality breaking as we know it. The tricstker as Photoshopper of reality is very in keeping though with what people should be reporting in a digital age. What you describe is riveting. I only have questions regarding your narrative.

'Magic' or 'sufficiently advanced technology' that is indistinguishable from it.

I wonder what the purpose of such a display was/is.

If I didn't bring it up on this forum 18 months later, no one, really, other than my father and I would ever know it happened. And my father doesn't grasp the implications of the 'airbrush effect.'

Did anything significant happen the night they disappeared?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Where do you think they went? Where does your dad think they went?

My father has always been an open-minded skeptic, but this turned his face a little pale and gasted his flabber. It is quite a jolting thing to experience, a bit like walking into your apartment after you've been burgled and staring at the empty space where your TV should be and struggling to accept that it's not there, only without the logical explanation for the absence.

Where do I think the bales went?

Obviously I have no idea, but for some reason, at the time it did remind me of the Italian UFO Contactee 'Friendship' case (documentary on youtube) where the contactees would drive trucks loaded with food and equipment requested by their extraterrestrial contacts to agreed upon places and the ETs would magically vanish the goods from the backs of the trucks.

What interesting or significant events took place in the months leading up to the disappearance?

It happened during a lull in my own thinking about the paranormal, so it caught me off guard, and interestingly, drew me back into thinking about the parnormal.

No other strangeness leading up to or after the event that I can recall.

@TheBitterOne wrote "Yet after the bale vanished – overnight and in the middle of summer - there were absolutely no signs of this impression at all. Not even a single remnant strand of straw."

From what you wrote, the weight of the bale falling into the creek formed a shallow crater in the ground in which the bale sat and into which water flowed from the creek and stood there, on and off, through wet and dry periods. The most astonishing thing of all that you describe is that this indentation in the ground was no longer there, had disappeared, at the approximate time when the rotted bale had disappeared. This is indeed uncanny, must be a paranormal event. Thank you for sharing all of this here.

Thank you, yes, you got the essence of it; quite a profound thing to witness really.

I can't think of a reason why 'it' would bother to do what it did other than to show me personally what level of technology or power it has at its command.

Unless it was a relatively effortless thing to do, why would it bother reconfiguring the landscape?

If there was "post-incident amnesia of multiple witnesses to these events", how is it that anyone remembered them well enough for them to end up reported here?

My boyfriend and I remembered, my parents didn't.

It was a hot windy night and I still cringe thinking about my 55 year old Mom coming out to watch the lightshow in her flimsy nightgown - so embarrassing. My Dad said to me at one point, only a quarter joking:"Do you think we're being invaded".

After that my boyfriend and I don't remember how the night ended or when we went to bed. Before that he and I recall the UFOs and helicopters but when we brought it up with my parents a week later, neither of them knew what we were talking about!

Since you create your own reality, it is you that is performing the airbrushing with the co-creation of the effect by your ET connections.

Maybe like when we dream and people and events in our dreams seem external to us but when we wake up we realize that everything that transpired was a manifestation of our own sub or unconscious mind.

It's a great story but that is all it is. Riddled with problems, some already alluded to. One of the most obvious to me: why was the bail gone missing 'overnight'? How can that be stated categorically? Was there a Neighborhood Watch on the bale of hay?

My Dad saw it there in the creek the day before and then the next morning it was gone.

Well, I will say one thing: you tell a good story. Nothing about the story, however, rings true. It sounds like you have done enough reading to reference aspects certain people who have done the same reading will recognize. Beyond that, it's not persuasive that a 'paranormal' event occurred.

There is no 'technology' in any 'reality' that does what you say - though I know you are positing an unknown using your imagination. I could do the same regarding any claim - should any claim be believed? I don't think so.

Do some serious intellectual study along a scientific vein - particularly regarding 'memory'. Observe the world. Get some facts regarding how this 'reality' functions so you can distinguish between dreaming, mental and physical events. As this stands, it is nothing more than a good yarn. JMO.

Well, I will say one thing: you tell a good story. Nothing about the story, however, rings true. It sounds like you have done enough reading to reference aspects certain people who have done the same reading will recognize. Beyond that, it's not persuasive that a 'paranormal' event occurred.

There is no 'technology' in any 'reality' that does what you say - though I know you are positing an unknown using your imagination. I could do the same regarding any claim - should any claim be believed? I don't think so.

Do some serious intellectual study along a scientific vein - particularly regarding 'memory'. Observe the world. Get some facts regarding how this 'reality' functions so you can distinguish between dreaming, mental and physical events. As this stands, it is nothing more than a good yarn. JMO.

Hi Tyger. I don't know how you -- especially you -- can be so sure about what's possible and not possible, given your openness to the whole tradition of the occult and magic. Imo, there are both advanced extraterrestrial intelligences operating around us and other, supernatural, intelligences (spirits) coming into contact with people and also with the natural physical earth world. Our human consciousnesses are embodied here but, again imo, survive in a different dimension of reality. There might also be consciousnesses evolved from other earthly life forms {referred to as 'geniuses of the woods' in Shakespeare's The Tempest and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, for example} that never leave the earth. They might not be interested at all in us [our species of life] but rather in life in general, its systems and needs. They might be aspects or minions of Gaia. We don't know what forms and directions the evolution of life might take either on this planet or elsewhere in being -- beyond the physical and yet still extant and active in the physical world, for purposes we don't understand and can make no sense of.

You wrote: "There is no 'technology' in any 'reality' that does what you say." How could we possibly know what kinds of 'technologies' -- means, methods, devices, powers -- exist beyond our limited grasp of what exists?

ps: your own signature line says it all: "Time and Space are not conditions in which we live, but modes by which we think." ~ Albert Einstein

Hi Tyger. I don't know how you -- especially you -- can be so sure about what's possible and not possible, given your openness to the whole tradition of the occult and magic.
It's because I have that background that I say what I say, though I think what I am saying you may be interpreting as more negative than it was - or certainly intended. There are problems with the story the poster is relating. It becomes just one more artifact - 'Someone once told me about....' - it's a yarn, akin to a 'tall tale'. Gets better with the re-telling. That's what I see. I am offering the poster a path out of the 'astral undergrowth' they appear to be enmeshed in. (One way to put it).
Imo, there are both advanced extraterrestrial intelligences operating around us and other, supernatural, intelligences (spirits) coming into contact with people and also with the natural physical earth world.
I might disagree with how you describe or characterize such, but I have no problem with the trend of your thinking. There are indeed beings that influence us - whether they be ET's or Spirits is another matter.

In certain esoteric streams it is posited that ideas - particularly the ideas behind 'movements' - have a Being that inspires such. For example, the current hate-mongering going forward among a certain brand of religious fundamentalists (of many stripes, in fact) have their 'power' (or cohesion) because they are under the guidance of a spiritual being - this according to some esoteric streams. I have yet to hear an occult teacher not refer to these 'captures' as anything other than an allegiance being created to an over-arching Being/Idea.
Our human consciousnesses are embodied here but, again imo, survive in a different dimension of reality.
Our consciousness is very much related to this world, I would say, and possible only here. The 'Higher Self' - to use a phrase - or the Eternal Individuality - may exist and guide, but from 'afar'. This reality is not it's reality. This is why so many are adamant that there is no Spirit - it's because what we create here by way of the physical and emotional and mental is truly a function of this here-and-now. There is a truth in what they are saying, albeit not the whole truth (imo, of course).
There might also be consciousnesses evolved from other earthly life forms {referred to as 'geniuses of the woods' in Shakespeare's The Tempest and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, for example} that never leave the earth. They might not be interested at all in us [our species of life] but rather in life in general, its systems and needs. They might be aspects or minions of Gaia.
You would make a good Wiccan. :) I am with you - and would in fact not put in the caveat of 'maybe'. For me it is all so - a reality that any wise one can experience in a rain-soaked wood under the moon. It is why the loss of the woodlands and forests, the bird species and myriad animals, are such a tragedy - a tragedy of enormous consequences for humanity's spiritual life. Great Intelligences are being forced out of physical existence.
We don't know what forms and directions the evolution of life might take either on this planet or elsewhere in being -- beyond the physical and yet still extant and active in the physical world, for purposes we don't understand and can make no sense of.
Yes - true, and no - when it comes to positing such in arguments. If we are to stay on point - there is a distinction between what is possible physically, and what manifests in imagination or fancy. For example, I harbor a cherished 'hunch' that humanity existed on this planet as much as 3 million years ago and lived in advanced societies at that long ago time. It's what I 'play with' on my off-time. I posit all kinds of possibilities - but I don't make those 'airy-lightenings' the bread-and-butter of my daily life.
You wrote: "There is no 'technology' in any 'reality' that does what you say." How could we possibly know what kinds of 'technologies' -- means, methods, devices, powers -- exist beyond our limited grasp of what exists?
Wherever you are you must play by the rules of that universe. There is reason to believe - in the nature of the story spun by the OP - that what is being suggested is not what it is being purported to be (paranormal events). We're not going to solve it on this thread - but my hunch tells me that if I could walk that land and interview all the parties, something a bit more prosaic might become evident.
ps: your own signature line says it all: "Time and Space are not conditions in which we live, but modes by which we think." ~ Albert Einstein
True enough, but to exit Time and Space requires a massive shift in consciousness/identity. Not a simple matter while alive.

For some reason this seems relevant after that bit of hubris above. ;)

The time has come
to break all my promises
tear apart all chains
and cast away all advice

disassemble the heavens
link by link
and break at once
all lovers' ties
with the sword of death

put cotton inside
both my ears
and close them to
all words of wisdom

crash the door and
enter the chamber
where all sweet
things are hidden

how long can I
beg and bargain
for the things of this world
while love is waiting

how long before
I can rise beyond
how I am and
what I am.
~Rumi

And.....

I died as a mineral and became a plant,
I died as plant and rose to animal,
I died as animal and I was Man.

Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?

Yet once more I shall die as Man,
To soar with angels blest;
But even from angelhood I must pass on:
All except God doth perish.

When I have sacrificed my angel-soul,
I shall become what no mind e'er conceived.

Oh, let me not exist!
For non-existence proclaims in organ tones,
To Him we shall return.

Rumi

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, and I don't expect you to automatically accept the accuracy of my story as I wouldn't automatically accept the accuracy of the story if you told it to me without any solid supporting evidence. However, I have to laugh when I see you bullishly decide that I am (intentionally or unintentionally) fabricating the story.

Try to see clearly how your conclusion about the veracity of my story is utterly premature and based on nothing more than your own belief system.

Given the limited information available, wouldn't a more sensible position for an open minded individual to adopt be to conclude that they don't know whether I'm telling the truth?

That said, I don't care whether you think these things happened or not and don't aim to convince you they did. Even if I wanted to, I recognize there is no way to do so.

So let's save ourselves all that time and energy 'debating' the point, shall we? ;)

There is no technology YOU ARE AWARE OF in any reality that does what I say.

Major distinction.

Back