• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can recently deceased loved ones visit you

In response to Scotts last post, and in particular points 3 and 4.

Regarding ghosts retaining memory/personality,

Dont get me wrong it's not a case of belief or non belief for me,
it's just a bit of a puzzle to me as to how an entity could retain
any of the above without the physical means to do so,
ie a brain.
Having said that I do find the idea of a holographic universe very interesting, and can see the possibility of such an idea applying to an individuals physical/spiritual self.

With regard to ghosts popping back every now and then.

I have more of a problem with that one. To me at least that would seem dangerous, as I would have thought that in some way it would be interfering with the fabric of the universe.
Much like the way people use ouija boards here, it could open up a whole world of trouble.

I have seen the results of such dabblings and it wasn't a happy
story.

After all that though I must say I dont find your ideas meaningless
at all. I have a great desire to understand all I can about this life/death and appreciate very much your insights.
It's all food for thought and rest assured if I ever have a ghostly encounter you guys will be the first to know.

Peace,

Mark.

louis belanger said:
for the ones that admit it's possible,Iaccept their assertions.but for myself, my wife had 2 years to live according to the prognosist.We had time to talk.She told me ,if she can ,she will give me sign(s).And for the last 4 years I'm still full of hopes.This bring me to think that there are peoples that can believe it's happening.Other peoples will never be able to have that contact.I think ,this is part of the brain physiology at the molecular level.We are all borned as individuals.
Unfortunately, maybe you're right Louis. I've seen flashes of Dad more at Mom's house (their house) than anywhere, yet she never sees him. She's always believed my experiences, but doesn't want them for her own..not just about Dad...about the whole thing...she's never seen/felt/heard a thing that she acknowledged. Maybe people expect a big "Poltergeist" thing, and the real visit is much more subtle....a glimpse, rather than a study. I do believe that some just are not equipped to handle it, and they're definitley better off not walking the path.
I believe you will get your sign. Don't give up!

Mark: You seem to think things out in a logical manner. I have a feeling that you and I could have a good conversation over some beers if we were in the same country. I've seen Oiji board things go awry too, so there's truth in what you say. I've had ghostly encounters, but I can't prove that any of them are really the people they represent themselves as. I've taken some of these things (ghosts, afterlife) as givens not because I can prove them, but because you have to have some place you can center yourself, or you're just groundless. Does that make sense? I hope so. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it there.

Louis: I'm sorry. That's heartbreaking, really. I don't know why this kind of contact usually does not happen, but contacts from beyond are really the exceptions, not the rule. I've lost quite a few people in my life, and as I mentioned I don't think any of them have properly shown up to say goodby. Maybe my dad, but most likely not. Instead, I've encountered a lot of confused, lonely entities, or resentful ones. Anyway, as I said, I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you.

I don't think the dead care too much for the people they leave behind more often than not. Some probably go to hell, some go to heaven, and some wander in the space in between.

All I know is, the dreams I have about my dead relatives are all constructs of my subconscious. I don't think there really is anything to the whole ghost phenomena, as being dead people's souls, but something else.

I respectfully disagree. Too many show signs of self-awareness and decision making ability to simply be automatons or caught in eternal replay loops.

Scott Story said:
I respectfully disagree. Too many show signs of self-awareness and decision making ability to simply be automatons or caught in eternal replay loops.

I once read that some people use the term "ghost" to refer to a playback or automaton caught in a loop, as you put it, and "spirit" to refer to an apparation that is self-aware and can notice you.
That may not work for everyone, but if there is any truth to the ghost phenomena than it can help to differentiate the "playbacks" from the conscious ones.

But about ghosts/spirits caring, I don't see why they wouldn't. Perhaps they indeed wouldn't if they are no longer enough like us. But if they retain their indentities I would think they would still care. But whether or not they could actually manifest here is another matter.

I am sorry for your loss, Louis. I, too, look for signs sometimes from departed loved ones. Personally, I don't expect any, but I still hope. And if I get a sign that I believe isn't just wishful thinking or otherwise explained I will certainly rejoice and let you all know.
If you get a sign please let us know!

My great grandmother was with me the day after her death. She had been interested in life after death so probably had much more understanding of how to come back than most do.

Other relatives have found it harder to make contact, but they all seem to, sooner or later. In fact, I now wait for anyone who dies to check in with me at some point.

Back