• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can recently deceased loved ones visit you

psychicmediumspasoff

Paranormal Novice
Of course they can but not everybody feels this way
Would you believe one person says...............

He can't come visit you until he obtains
the new Federal ID card. I'm sorry but
while the United States has not formally laid claim to
the afterlife you still need to fill out the
non-immigrant visa form DS-156
make sure to check box 14a
as this is the critical afterlife denotation
hopefully this was helpful.

But on the other hand

Another person says

I believe that a loved one can contact us after death. Absolutely. I haven't experienced it with a human family member, but when I was younger I had a beloved cat Sammy who died and a while after he died (I guess two months?) he showed up one night, I guess to say goodbye, both my mom and I felt him that night. I actually saw and felt his presence, my mom felt him jump up on her bed and start purring.
Then he left and didn't come back.

When we loose someone we love dearly it is only natural to question death and what happens to the energy of the person who has died. I have had contact with people who have passed all my life so I know through personal experiance that loved ones do come to comfort us.

Much Love and Light
Psychic Medium Spasoff
What is your experiences with your love ones visiting you?

Honestly, I don't think they can. This is one area I hope to be proven wrong on some day, but I don't believe there is any truly credible evidence that shows that there is ANYTHING after death. Well, anything but mouldering in the ground and leaving grieving loved ones behind.
I used to have vivid dreams of deceased ones visiting me but that is likely wishful thinking on my part.
As much as I'd love to see or hear from my dad and grandparents and best friend again, I really don't think that I will.

I hope you get that sign, Louis. Seems to me it happens when you least expect it, if it's going to happen.

My brother and I had the same dream about five months after my dad's death. Dad talked to us in our dreams for a long time, but neither of us could remember what he said. We both felt much better about him after the dream though. We had the dream on the very same night. Can't help but feel we were contacted or maybe we just were in sync and created a dreamy illusion. The timing for the latter was just too much so I think we got the real deal.

I also awoke from a dream of talking with a deceased girlfriend. My room was filled with her cigarette smoke when I awoke. Happened about six months after her passing.

I've had experiences that indicate yes. However, I wouldn't say "of course they can". You make it sound as if it's been proven as much as Bush being a liar.

I've definitely had experiences with deceased loved one, but I do think it's more difficult for newbies to make contact. It's sort of a personal frustration point with me right now. My Dad crossed over 2 years ago, and my Aunt in December. I did get a "last message" type thing with Dad the night he crossed over, and have had a handful of dreams since, but nothing really concrete (the kitchen visitor continues to roam every night tho). I never thought I'd want to awaken and see a spirit standing in my room, but I'd love to see Dad.

Raevenskye said:
I've definitely had experiences with deceased loved one, but I do think it's more difficult for newbies to make contact. It's sort of a personal frustration point with me right now. My Dad crossed over 2 years ago, and my Aunt in December. I did get a "last message" type thing with Dad the night he crossed over, and have had a handful of dreams since, but nothing really concrete (the kitchen visitor continues to roam every night tho). I never thought I'd want to awaken and see a spirit standing in my room, but I'd love to see Dad.

I feel for you on that one. I, personally, am no newbie and tried for a couple of decades to make contact and watch for every sign. Nothing came that couldn't be explained "rationally" for lack of a better word. I've read so many books and seen so many documentaries but by now I just can't bring myself to bet all on the fact that this "life after death" is a reality. Again, I'd LOVE it to be. I hope it is. I'd jump for joy in the afterlife if I get there and rejoice that I was wrong. But I'm certainly not holding my breath.
I just content myself with the wonderful memories of my loved ones I had and love the ones I still have. I appreciate life for the moment, for it may well be the only time we have. Ever. It sounds depressing, but once I figured out how I view this I appreciate life more than I ever did when I was much younger. I feel better not taking so much for granted.

Again, I hope to be proven wrong! How wonderful would that be??? Even just one more hug from my dad or my grandma and grandpa and my friend would make all the waiting and hoping worthwhile.

Ankhes,
I totally understand how you feel, and I've been going through a "crisis of faith" since my Dad's passing. I'm starting to feel better about the spiritual side of things, but it's been a long, hard road. I think my opinions and beliefs are forever rattled, tho. For me, the hardest thing to work out is why do I see this unknown man walking around in my house all the time, but I can't see my Dad. It makes me angry, sometimes!

I have had several that at least appear to be something like that.

Back in that 1980's my grandmother passed. That night before I knew about this a women in grey hair(not her) apologized for her and said that she did not know what she was diong. My grandmother was not a nice person.

When I heard about John Mack's death I became quite upset...more than I thought I should be. I went to rest and I felt somebody touch my arm in a calming way. I don't know if that was him but if it was that was nice.

This one is kind of funny.A man that I kind of knew who was part of the entire psychic community that had abiblties but was very much a shyster....imagine THAT got in touch with me. I found out he died from a friend and told one of my friends that knew him quite well. She said she felt him around but could not tune in and asked if I got anything. That night I asked if he had anything to say to my friend and if so not to scare the hell out of me. I instantly heard the buzzing sound in my ear.That night he came to me as Danny DeVito and said he miised my freind. As soon as I realized who this was I said OH your AL and you are dead. He then vanished.

Raevenskye said:
Ankhes,
I totally understand how you feel, and I've been going through a "crisis of faith" since my Dad's passing. I'm starting to feel better about the spiritual side of things, but it's been a long, hard road. I think my opinions and beliefs are forever rattled, tho. For me, the hardest thing to work out is why do I see this unknown man walking around in my house all the time, but I can't see my Dad. It makes me angry, sometimes!

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad you are feeling better spiritually. I hope it brings you some comfort.

At one time I thought I saw a strange man wandering around my apartment but could never clearly see him. I knew he wasn't my dad, tho. I don't know if he was real or if it was my mind playing tricks on me. As for you, I believe you. I don't pretend to know what you are seeing or why, but if he is indeed a spirit perhaps I can be proven wrong about the Afterlife after all. I do hope so!

I just wish that after more than a century of hard looking and researching and hunting that more would turn up in evidence than just vague pictures, questionable EVP's, and personal experiences. I think all of those things have some value, but it doesn't prove anything to me. And all those late 19th and early 20th century "mediums" who used parlour tricks and flapdoodle stunts (to paraphrase Houdini) and their trick cabinets to produce "apparitions" ruined the entire field for many people, me included. Of course that includes the modern day "mediums" such as John (first name synonomous with a toilet) Edward and Allison Dubious and that idiot Van Praagh.

However, if I am wrong, I will, as a spirit, visit my loved ones and try very hard to be shown accurately in a photograph, speak clearly into a tape recorder, and, of course, remember my own name and not just my initials. :D

banning said:
My grandma, mom, uncle & grandpa have some pretty amazing stories about my great-grandma when she past away.

Do you want to share a couple?

My grandpa said that after his dad died that he would occassionally hear his dad's voice coming from his old bedroom. When he got there no-one was there but he could feel his presence.

After my dad died, I thought I caught a glimpse of him in my living room, and he was trying to talk to me. I've seen many ghosts, but this felt different, so I kind of put it down to wishful thinking, or a delusion.

At the time, I was very upset and convinced he had gone to hell. He was a mean, angry, abusive guy, yet the idea of him going there really bothered me. The image of him contacting me could very well have been my subconsciousnous trying to rationalize the whole thing.

The next morning, my wife told me that she had a dream where my dad called her on the phone, said he'd been trying to get ahold of me, and to tell me he was all right. I had not told her about possible sighting I had had of him the night before.

I know ghost are real, but I'm still not convinced that that was really my dad. The coincidence of my wife's dream makes me waver on that, though. Thirteen years later and I'm still undecided.

well first off i've always been into the paranormal but no one (meaning my family) would ever talk to with me about it when i was younger... it wasn't till this past year, i guess they figure im old enough now (im 25) to know things? who knows... any way one story went that after my grandma died i guess they were cleaning out the house... my grandma & grandpa where out side... the next thing they new my mom came running outta the house screaming n crying and scared shitless. Apparently she say my great-grandma just standing there, plan as day like you look at someone who is actually physically there. Anyway i guess it was so real and scared her so bad that she never stepped foot back in the house.

I keep trying to get my family to talk about stuff, im really coming to find out there is a lot of paranormal shit that has happened to my grandma, grandpa, mom & uncle... maybe even a large alien craft sighting HOWEVER that is something i just found out about this past weekend. My grandpa brought it up and my grandma was like oh yeah i forgot all about that. So now i gotta ask my uncle if he remembers. They said just like DB said about his sighting... these things are HUGE but they are totally silent.

But yeah there is a bunch of other stuff surrounding my grandmas death that they have told me about haha unlike what this msg is starting to show (cause im going on and on) but i really hate writing LOL. but if anyone is REALLY interested i can force myself to tell some more of the stories they've told me :)

Banning,
I am interested in more paranormal stories that you have. Try to find out ,if you can, about the UFO sighting too.

Banning, I am also interested in your other stories and as Ally said, the UFO one. Sounds intriguing! I had to laugh, tho, when you said that your grandma had forgotten all about it! I don't think I would ever forget if I saw one! : )

Scott, I have had a few experiences and put them off as delusions and wishful thinking. Mine probably are. But I hope that I haven't written something that was real off as a delusion. But I know me...wishful thinking is something I'm quite good at. : )

Dont want to sound cold hearted, but I fail to see why any newly deceased person would come back to visit loved ones.

My reasoning is as follows.

As we are born into this world completely void of any memory of any past life. We then grow to learn how to survive, how to get along with everyone else, what love is all about, gain whatever wisdom we can and so on. Then we die.

Why is it then that with every new generation we seem to find out more about this plane of existence?
What I mean by that is we are always evolving. Well I would like to
think so at least.

The notion of a relative, however close returning for whatever reason, seems to me to be counter to that individuals personal evolution.
(I will get back to that in a moment).

Also it seems to me at least, to be a rather sentimental and I suppose a very human reaction to want for some kind of contact.

Now to get back to ones own evolution.
As we all know about the birds and the bees, that's the easy bit.
How do we arrive at conciousness, I know that's the big one but that to me is really what I'm on about.

23 chromosomes from Mum and 23 from Dad, flesh , blood, bones and all the sticky bits, easy yeah.
Conciousness on the other hand is far more nebulous and no one can really pin that down.

So when we die I would have thought that all our memories and emotions die with us, and either that's it game over, or to many, then we move on to another existence somewhere else.

So let's say we do move on to another life and the whole process begins again. It seems to me that you would have to start over with a clean memory to allow for a new cycle in your own evolution.

I hope I got that across in an acceptable way.
The last thing I want to do is upset anybody, but I have pondered
this point for a long time and perhaps I'm just talking crap anyway.

Peace,

Mark.

My grandmother passed away. She has yet to visit me.

Not everyone would come back. In fact, I would say its been reputed to have happened, but it's not like the rule or anything. There's no manditory comeback.

Dont want to sound cold hearted, but I fail to see why any newly deceased person would come back to visit loved ones.

It's not cold hearted--you've reasoned it out. However, I think your reasoning is not correct.

1) Let's leave reincarnation out of it. That's another subject.
2) Let's leave personal development out of it. Most people die just as venal and unaware as they lived.
3) In encounters with ghosts, the ghost usually remembers who he/she was, retaining personality/memory on some level.
4) Ghosts that have moved on seem to be able to pop back on occassion and keep up with things. Not all ghost are stuck "here."

Now, if you don't accept the underlying assertion that ghosts are real, that they are discorporated people, or the afterlife, then my ideas are meaningless. I put this caveat in because clearly many of the people who visit this site don't accept those things. Personal experience has led me to take those factors (afterlife, ghosts) as givens.

for the ones that admit it's possible,Iaccept their assertions.but for myself, my wife had 2 years to live according to the prognosist.We had time to talk.She told me ,if she can ,she will give me sign(s).And for the last 4 years I'm still full of hopes.This bring me to think that there are peoples that can believe it's happening.Other peoples will never be able to have that contact.I think ,this is part of the brain physiology at the molecular level.We are all borned as individuals.

Back