• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Call To Musicians

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Logo-01a_400px.pngAre you a totally independent musician with an interest in the paranormal? Do you have high quality audio recordings you would like others to hear? I'm putting together a round-table episode featuring totally independent musicians, during which their music will be played on-air, with a follow-up discussion about their interest in the paranormal and any relevance their song might have. However, it's not necessary that your music is about anything paranormal.

There is no deadline. The show will air when it is ready. However there are only be so many spots available, and guests will be chosen according to the quality and and content of their music. The tracks must be your own original works and not subject to any licensing or royalty conditions or restrictions by you or any performing arts society, agency, or service such as ASCAP, SOCAN, BMI etc. You will retain full ownership and copyright. We just want to be able to deal with you personally rather than an agency.

If you have any concerns or questions, please let me know. I'd be happy to answer. I will probably have a track of my own to include in the show. The length of the track shouldn't be more than around the 5 minutes. Any genre is fine, but the lyrical content needs to be clean for public radio. Your track will also be made available for Paracast Plus subscribers to download, and if you are interested I will also post it on my own music project website. Plus if you're on YouTube I'll personally give it a like and a positive comment as well as a link from my own videos. Sound like fun :cool: ? Get in touch !

Last edited:
Hey Randall, I've worked on the independent record label and artist management side of the music business for the past 30 years. If there's anything I can help with or contribute to the episode, let me know via private message.

Our first musician ( besides yours truly ) to say "Sure" to joining us for the Paranormal Musicians Round Table is our upcoming guest Mack Maloney who is a driving force behind the band Sky Club :cool:. We know there are more of you out there. So climb onboard.

I worked as a session player for the most part and a sound engineer but very happy to join in the chat and pass on some knowledge and stories of life on the road :-P

I worked as a session player for the most part and a sound engineer but very happy to join in the chat and pass on some knowledge and stories of life on the road :-P
That sounds cool. What about an original track or a track you have acquired a license for? Like perhaps a Pink Floyd cover song?

Last edited:
That sounds cool. What about an original track or a track you have acquired a license for? Like perhaps a Pink Floyd cover song?

A Pink Floyd track haha, mate it cost enough in performance license alone let alone mechanical copy right but I do have some old stuff from the 90's when I was working on original stuff of my own (when I finish this lecture I will see if I can find some that could be played in my archives), like I said I spent the vast majority of my music life simply doing session work which may be interesting to some people out there from the basic how to survive as a musician side of things.
The sad reality is making a living in the music world is damn hard, it has to be one of the toughest choices to make to follow that road as it is not simply sex, drugs, and rock and roll it is in reality bloody hard work.... one of the reasons I worked as a sound engineer as well as that helped to cover the bills.

PS: I did play in a 90's tribute show recently and the show was recorded and just needs a mix down which I could do for a laugh.

Funny thing is mate after playing floyd live for years I really if ever listen to them LOL However Echoes is in the top five for me
I know what you're saying. I have their CDs, but it's more a nostalgia thing these days. Mind you, I have watched the Pulse DVD a number of times. Most excellent.

Randall, I'm also curious on this one. I was actually composing lots of eletronic music at University, but I've been very quiet in past 10 years. I've mostly been building ever more cool analog instruments though every now and then. Coolest think I have I think is a unit with Sega Megadrive sound chip in it.. all MIDI, and designed by yours truly ;)

Randall, I'm also curious on this one. I was actually composing lots of eletronic music at University, but I've been very quiet in past 10 years. I've mostly been building ever more cool analog instruments though every now and then. Coolest think I have I think is a unit with Sega Megadrive sound chip in it.. all MIDI, and designed by yours truly ;)
Cool. Feel free to post some audio or links!

Back