• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Budd Hopkins on the Paracast

A few years back I befriended an old timer that retired from Area 51, wrote a book (privately published) entitled THE ALIEN WITHIN ME, which he handed over to me as a manuscript which I have not republished. You can go to Amazon and perhaps pick up one of the rare 200 that was published. I wrote a review for it so you can read what I though what it was all about, etc. Anyways, in a private conversation, he mentioned that the "Greys" were going to be the first "species" to "come out".....At that time, before he thought I was going to get his book out, he mentioned that he thought the timing was a 30 yr deal.....He lives in Vegas somewhere, where I met him, if anyone can locate Lee Zesch, let me know so we might make a movie from a screenplay. Need some additional clearance for the movie....I lost interest a few yrs back, but I have a friend in s. cal that is still interested....I think he lives in Sommerville NV(LV).....

Paul Sproviero:)

In that discussion Budd made a joke about some guy who had said that he didn't believe the occupants were extraterrestrial,because; "they didn't act like it".From what I could hear,Dave's reply was:"that's silly".

I found his response confusing,since Paracast Super Hero,Jacques Vallee,has been saying this the last 40 years...

I think you're misunderstanding what was said. The guy said he didn't believe UFO occupants were extra-terrrestrial because they didn't behave like they were (or whatever). The inferance there is that he (the speaker) somehow knows exactly how extra-terrestrials would behave and is therefore qualified to make such a judgement, which David rightly called out for it's absurdly egotistical and assumptive nature.

I listened to this episode in two chunks so I can't recall all of it clearly. I enjoyed it though, Budd's a good guest although he is highly invested (in a very literal, financial sense) in his investigations and their conclusions, so it's not really reasonable to expect him to deviate much from his previous discussions on the subject.

That said it was interesting to get his take on Sparks, etc and his general overview of the field as it stands.

I think you're misunderstanding what was said. The guy said he didn't believe UFO occupants were extra-terrrestrial because they didn't behave like they were (or whatever).

I'm not trying too be difficult here - but I fail too see the distinction...

Vallee,by writing his article about the 5 arguments against the ETH is,basically,also saying that he thinks he "knows" what an advanced ET civilization would look and act like - which is extremely arrogant in my opinion...

I love many of his books - but we part ways where he takes what I think is an unfounded,dogmatic position against the ETH...

I think it's premature too say that they're ET's - Just as I think it's premature too say that they are not...;)

Nothing against Budd Hopkins, honestly, but I don't see how he can call himself a skeptic. This is just not a word that comes to mind for me when considering him and his work.

Dont get the words "skeptic" and "debunker" confused. Listening to the interview I got a definite sense that he was a skeptical thinker.

A few years back I befriended an old timer that retired from Area 51, wrote a book (privately published) entitled THE ALIEN WITHIN ME, which he handed over to me as a manuscript which I have not republished. You can go to Amazon and perhaps pick up one of the rare 200 that was published. I wrote a review for it so you can read what I though what it was all about, etc. Anyways, in a private conversation, he mentioned that the "Greys" were going to be the first "species" to "come out".....At that time, before he thought I was going to get his book out, he mentioned that he thought the timing was a 30 yr deal.....He lives in Vegas somewhere, where I met him, if anyone can locate Lee Zesch, let me know so we might make a movie from a screenplay. Need some additional clearance for the movie....I lost interest a few yrs back, but I have a friend in s. cal that is still interested....I think he lives in Sommerville NV(LV).....

Paul Sproviero:)

So you spoke to someone who was ex-Area51 and who confirmed the alien existence and presumably contact?

Chiming in on hypnosis & Budd....

I talked to Debbie Kauble (the artist formerly known as Debbie Jordan from Budd Hopkins' books) about this very issue. She said that she had most of her memories fully intact, that they didn't come out under hypnosis. Hypnosis helped her to relax to "remember more" details of the events she already had normal memory of and that often the memories didn't come out during hypnosis but later after the session (presumably in flashbacks.)

I thought it was a good show '' Who knows if abductions is real, The consience mind is a weird enough place when we are awake , So therefore what goes on when we are sleep is another matter .Philip corso story seems not very logical at best'' budd was probobly right in his analyse. However if a crash did happen ''thinking here to myself . Wouldnt this not take a bit of time , so maybe it took a while to get the right people organised , so to evalute what they had on there hands'' If they couldnt figure out what they had on there hands through study'' maybe the breaking up of this material was paramount for some knowledge on what they had.
Most abductions seemed to based on study of our reactions and of our genetics ''why are they doing this study s'' :question:

Great show.

For anyone who is interested in the reliability of hypnosis to recall buried memories, I recommend the BBC documentary on hypnosis.

One of the stories is about a guy who was falsely convicted of murder, and put in prison for life. While in prison, fellow prisoners told him the names of the actual men who committed the crime. Unfortunately, by the time he had an opportunity to speak to lawyers, he had forgotten the names.

He was placed under hypnosis and recalled the names, and was thus freed from prison based upon hypnotic recall.

Hypnosis should not be thrown out entirely, I think it is useful if there is a foundational memory already there.

Hypnosis should not be thrown out entirely, I think it is useful if there is a foundational memory already there.

I dont doubt that it's got it's values, but in this field? Not as far as I'm concerned.

Btw, I should note that while I dont agree with Budd's methods, I respect the man. It took huge balls to delve into this subject and try and approach it seriously when he did. You cannot help but respect that.

I dont doubt that it's got it's values, but in this field? Not as far as I'm concerned.

Hang on though Jeff, why not? I mean, if that annecdote about the prisoner and the recalled names is documented then what's the difference? He went into the hypnotist's office with a clear thought in mind of what he wanted to recall, sat down, went under and got it. Okay so there's no trauma involved in recalling a few names, granted but on a purely mechanical level of memory recall isn't it the same?

I have to say I'm a lot more impressed with Hopkins than I was before listening to the episode, but his investment, as many of you have observed, is showing.

We have often picked on Stan for being invested in nuts and bolts, but he really came out of his shell, as it were, last time on the show; I wonder if Hopkins might do the same given some more comfort level.

I really do wish some non-UFO-interested psychologists would do some work on abduction hypnosis and back it up with data and testable hypotheses. You hear them mumble disparagingly about it, but it would be nice to see some "harder" work on the subject, regardless of which way the conclusion went.

--Shawn

After listening to the latest show I've come to the conclusion that Aliens are dicks and should be avoided at all costs. :D

There was a lot of talk about hive minds and drone mentality. I don't know it seems to me they aren't all that more evolved if they've lost there identity.But then again its probably how they stopped slaughtering each other.

I mean the greys or drones or whatever could actually be a subspecies of the actual Non Human Entities. Maybe they are manufactured to survive inter dimensional or Time travel. Space is a pretty hostile place to cruise around in.

As far as Corso goes, I think Bud is wrong about how the greatest scientists and minds in the world would have been brought in to study any crash debris. I think the opposite actually holds true. Whoever took ownership would have looked it up tight and sat on it. Control would have been the first order of business. Processes and Structures would have to be implimented to control all fascets of dealing with the objects. I imagine some of the Manhattan projects best practices were used to help lock it down.

They probably had no idea what they were looking at, and probably took them decades if ever to start comprehending what they had.

I agree with urkotic.

Hopkins seems sincere, but, in addition to his rambling, chaotic huffing and puffing and confusion, I find it somewhat amusing that he thinks Corso's story is unbelievable, considering the stories he's come out with.

He was very hard to listen to.

I agree with urkotic.

Hopkins seems sincere, but, in addition to his rambling, chaotic huffing and puffing and confusion, I find it somewhat amusing that he thinks Corso's story is unbelievable, considering the stories he's come out with.

He was very hard to listen to.

Some of that may be due to age. He's old. If I am as intelligent if/when I get as old as he, I'll be content.

Some of that may be due to age.

Yes, you're right; and I would be completely wrong to disparage his age or whatever physical issues he might have.

Actually, I really appreciated this interview because it was clear that Budd has gone where few others have, and I really respect his research. I thought he did a good job of answering his critics by discussing his history and methodology.

I've always been skeptical of hypnosis as a research tool, but I have to say now that I feel pretty good about the work he's done; and I thought Gene and Dave did an exceptional job of analysis, and were sensitive to the point that Budd made throughout, namely that it is very difficult, and perhaps counter-productive, to ascribe motives to the aliens.

I recommend a future show with Budd, and now that his basic methodology and terminology have been discussed, I would like to see him describe the results in more detail. He is uniquely situated to have an overview of the phenomena. I would like to hear him discuss the various kinds of beings, the details about what they've said to experiencers, his hybrid stories, and whether he's been able to develop consistent theories about their technology, history, and origins.

I, for one, absolutely loved this episode. I too wish him well, and hope you do have him on again!

Likewise on all points. Definite kudos to Budd on his skepticism (meant in the good sense) on any attempt to ascribe motives to our "friends". Good call.

--Shawn

Hi there,

I haven't read thru all the stuff here, but I have been hypnotized by Budd to try and uncover memories.

He was extremely cautious with me, and I never felt like he was leading.

Peace,
M!

Back