• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Boy in Balloon

Looks like there are going to be charges against them. They deserve it. Stupid people.
It would be a very low-level misdemeanor and thus they'd be fined and little more. Then again, if they were billed for the cost of searching for the kid who wasn't missing, that would be a good idea.

But, no, the family would just go bankrupt and let the state pay their expenses.

If this was a hoax it really pisses me off. I for one was actually really just sick to my stomach thinking that a little kid was just terrified inside some cramped space dangling from a balloon at 7 thousand feet. Cold, alone, and scared shitless. That is no joke. Then when they opened it up and he wasn't there, man that was just a sickening feeling.

IF it was a hoax then those "parents" should be visited by CPS immediately. Thats just wrong.

But, if you have kids you know that they can get confused by timelines and questions. I heard the interview and think it just as easily be that simple. He (the boy) not understanding the context or timeline of the intended question. Hell, you can ask my son what he had for breakfast and get 3 wrong answers in 5 minutes of one another. Its not them being dishonest, they just get confused. At least I hope it is that simple. Otherwise , they should be fined and jailed.

Back