• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bob Lazar with George Knapp this Sunday

Coast to Coast AM is bringing back Bob Lazar for George Knapp's Sunday show this sunday.

According to the C2C description of this show, it is the 20th anniversary of the Knapp's Best Evidence documentary on UFO's which IMO is one of the best I've seen on the subject specifically the third part in the series which discusses the government's role. It deals with the history and architecture of the cover-up and delves deeply into how covert programs generated from civilian and military intelligence agencies were designed to manipulate public opinion of the subject via the use of techniques such as ridicule, media manipulation, surveillance of UFO organizations, etc. Some of the information is obviously dated but it remains an exceptional effort and deserves credit.

the entire segment of part 3 can be viewed here:

This could be interesting..
How long has it been since he was last interviewed, like 4 years?

But it's C2C. No tough or meaningful questions will be asked. Just unfettered bullshit spewing forth to the gullible C2C faithful. He is not stupid. he will be interviewed so long as there is ZERO chance he will come off looking like the gigantic liar he is.

Just watched 2 parts of the Best Evidence video, where was this hiding all this time?

George truly does a great job hitting each dominant issues within the field, in some ways much better than the James Fox films. It was especially good at portaying the security state reaction and actions, years ahead of Dolans stuff.

Bob Lazar is a perfect blend of the problems in this field of inquiry. He is basically a totally useless source now regardless of how much of what he says is essentially true; my sense is he is a fool who was fooled to help fool others, period.

Enough.

Well Bob will have to provide better evidence then previously to prove his story. But, in my opinion, Lazar was either a payed disinformation stool for someone or some secret group or he was a man who was prone to telling wild tales, he wanted his fifteen minutes of fame.

My guess is Lazar is a disinformation stooge used to cover up exotic aircraft under development, probably not ufo related at all. I've become a cynic when it comes to government cover ups since the SR-71 flew secretly (at least to the public) for so many years.

Didn't Area 51 became a known entity just about the time satellites improved greatly? If so, there would be no hiding a secret facility without introducing a confusion factor. Bingo UFOs in the desert. It worked in Roswell.

(I said I'd become a cynic.)

My guess is Lazar is a disinformation stooge used to cover up exotic aircraft under development, probably not ufo related at all. I've become a cynic when it comes to government cover ups since the SR-71 flew secretly (at least to the public) for so many years.

Didn't Area 51 became a known entity just about the time satellites improved greatly? If so, there would be no hiding a secret facility without introducing a confusion factor. Bingo UFOs in the desert. It worked in Roswell.

(I said I'd become a cynic.)
Well the story came from one man only Lazar, and his background does not stack up, so what motivation had he to tell such a tale? was he payed by someone to muddy the waters. Well telling a story like this can get people to focus on one area and keep their enemies away from another place.I honestly do not know' why Lazar told this story, but it be interesting to get inside his head to find out.

I don't know if I believe much of what Lazar says, either..but it may be interesting to hear what he's got to say in case of anything 'new', lol. :rolleyes:

What if it were a rigged machine? Seems to me that would be required of an disinfo agent's testimony and not hard to achieve. It would only require the reader to have been compromised or *intelligently* employed.

I'll admit my assumptions are really iffy. But in the interest of secrecy, nothing is probably too outrageous.

If the story were concocted in the interest of secrecy and used to distract the public, one lone guy is all it took, right? Lazar and the ufo angle has gotten tons of press and convoluted the entire mess for years.

Of course that's a good argument for Lazar's having only been a rat-faced attention getter too. I just prefer my cloak and dagger approach for now.

The idea that Lazar is some kind of sanctioned disinformation agent seems to have gained a lot of traction on the Internet over the last several years.

People, let me tell you why I think this theory is bullshit.

Bob Lazar has done more damage to the DOD/CIA's covert experimental aircraft program than anyone in history. Lazar almost single-handedly forced Area-51 into the public consciousness in 1989 at a time when the base was still relatively unknown and secrecy was of great importance. His actions turned Area-51 into one of the most well known military bases in the world. That disclosure sent hordes of telescope-wielding, lawn chair-toting weekenders to the Tonopah Test Range, Rachel, Freedom Ridge, and even the Janet terminals at McCarren Airport.

Naturally, the DOD completely freaked and Executive Order 95-45 was born.

It's inconceivable to me that any agency, or department that exists within the purview of the United States Government would ever sabotage secrecy that exists at such high levels for the sake of injecting a truth deflection into the public consciousness. Does anyone have any evidence that Lazar is working as a disinformation agent other than speculation and conjecture?

Wherw did he leaned to cheat a lie detector? /

There is no such thing as a "lie detector test" it is a polygraph test. It tests stress levels not if a person is lying or not.

ex. A sociopath will pass a "lie detector" test everytime. Also if an adequate attempt is made a non-sociopath can easily fool a polygraph by using breathing techniques during, and meditating before hand.

In a criminology class I was in a couple of semesters ago we had a polygraph expert come in to address the class (he despised the term lie detector) everyone in the class was "hooked up" to the polygraph. Before hand we had divided the class in half 50% would answer all questions honestly 50% would lie, the expert did not know who was in which group. Long story short about 75% of those in the "liar group" passed the polygraph test, and interestingly enough 20% of the people from the group that answered honestly to all questions came up as being deceitful.

Thanks, dtp. That is an excellent summary of what those tests are about. There are very good reasons that polygraph tests are not admissible as evidence in court. We don't need any kind of test to know Lazar has told a boat load of lies, since he was investigated up, down, and sideways by dozens of experienced and talented people. Why would any sane person accept his word for some story that can't be checked or corroborated in any way? The guy is full of it.

Remember, you're in the right place at the right time....

Edit: Is it possible that Lazar is a "non-conscious" misinformation agent.

By that the government, "The Man", or whomever you want to label as "The Boss", set out to obtain intelligent targets, put them in a scenario where they believed they were witnessing research on extra-terristial craft etc, provide them access/jobs etc to the relevant sites but in a limited capacity. During this time the organisation assist with the consent of the person with their credentials, stating it is part of the secrecy aspect of their work (eg Lazar's tertiary credentials). They then dump the person/s after some years (perhaps forcing them out psychologically like Lazar), who believe they are working on non-terristial research (or assisting).

Hence the person honesty believes they were working on something non-terristial (when in fact they may have been working on terrestrial research).

In other words, a carefully crafted disinformation psych-ops program.

Just a thought - one can of course put any theory forward.

Unky, you have the most sound argument by far, but since everything is conjecture regarding Area 51, who the hell knows what's really true?

I still contend the place wasn't a secret to enemies of the state at the time of Lazar's emergence onto the ufo scene. Satellite technology had probably given Russia, for instance, plenty of intelligence on the place.

It's also possible the government hadn't considered just how much hype might be generated and acted upon within the ufo community. The government isn't always one step ahead of itself.

Were it so, government would have cured the unemployment problem before this, or perhaps avoided Wall Street and banking malpractice prior to this time. I don't have much faith in government practices on any level.

Back