• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Blind or Deaf Abductees???

Okay--I'm trying, but I still don't get it.

When the aliens abducted the 79-year-old Brit, Alfred Burtoo, on 12 August, 1983, they asked him, "How old are you?" and had him stand under an amber light.

He replied, "I shall be seventy-eight my next birthday."

After a bit, one of them said to him, "You can go. You are too old and infirm for our purposes."

So, I'm not sure if they know the details of the abductees--that's probably why they start taking them at such an early age (around six).

Presumably, the abductees that have continuing experiences their whole life (or at least until menopause age) are either kept fit by the aliens, or are no longer taken once they are unfit for their purposes.

Keep in mind, women that have had tubal ligation and even hysterectomies have reported being pregnant after their abductions. I believe in at least one circumstance, a woman had a hysterectomy to prevent further abductions.

And, just a thought, I don't know that being blind or deaf would disqualify one for abduction. They seem to communicate telepathically, and when they make abductees learn mind "games", it seems to be a sort of virtual reality scenario that doesn't have to do with real sight or hearing.

I have thought before about "ASL" (Alien Sign Language), as I used to take signing lessons.

Suffice it to say that if you've never seen an alien, or at least a UFO, you don't need to worry about it.

If you haven't seen one, then either you aren't an abductee, or you can't remember your abductions, so you can continue to live in peace without worry.

If you have seen one, and you don't remember an abduction scenario, then the amnesia is working. And you can live in peace, but, maybe, worry.

Anything you experience over and above that is your problem.
This was such an old post! Thank you for your reply. Amnesia is still working but I am noticing a lot more signs and symptoms. I guess being deaf makes no difference physically depending on their purpose.
I do wonder, you say they communicate telepathically, do you hear the words in your head similar to thoughts? Because we have no capability of understanding it unless we could lipread them

This was such an old post! Thank you for your reply. Amnesia is still working but I am noticing a lot more signs and symptoms. I guess being deaf makes no difference physically depending on their purpose.
I do wonder, you say they communicate telepathically, do you hear the words in your head similar to thoughts? Because we have no capability of understanding it unless we could lipread them

Jess, I've heard telepathy reported both ways. Ive heard people state that they could "hear" audible words in their head, more often I have heard of it involving a "transfer of thoughts" which is much more efficient and effective than regular speaking.

Jess, I've heard telepathy reported both ways. Ive heard people state that they could "hear" audible words in their head, more often I have heard of it involving a "transfer of thoughts" which is much more efficient and effective than regular speaking.
Hello! Interesting. My intuition is getting stronger so I do recognise the ‘transfer of thoughts’ you have mentioned. I also hear talking into my head but I do not understand it, this one feels a little more intrusive and gets very loud at times. Yes I have done A LOT of research in different potential areas....... life is not easy but I’m still blessed :)

Hello! Interesting. My intuition is getting stronger so I do recognise the ‘transfer of thoughts’ you have mentioned. I also hear talking into my head but I do not understand it, this one feels a little more intrusive and gets very loud at times. Yes I have done A LOT of research in different potential areas....... life is not easy but I’m still blessed :)

Very interesting. May I ask, are you 100 percent deaf? And have you always been deaf? Im intrigued that you can "hear" sounds in your mind. Have a good night!

Very interesting. May I ask, are you 100 percent deaf? And have you always been deaf? Im intrigued that you can "hear" sounds in your mind. Have a good night!
Morning! Yes I was born profoundly deaf. The nerves in my cochlear are all gone. Bringing in a Different topic but if you look into Voice to skull technology the frequency bypasses the cochlear and vibrates the eardrum, bones instead to create the sounds... have a lovely day!

Does anyone know of or have a memory of a case where an abductee was blind, deaf, mute, or had some other form of sensory abnormality?

I am not blind, but many of us suffer from a condition called Aphantasia... We have no minds eye like most people do... so when you imagine an apple - most can not only see one if they close their eyes, many can do so with their eyes open.... People with Aphantasia can not do this. I spent years practicing meditation trying to imagine anything....nothing, but black of gray depending on amount of light in room. This condition has been known for centuries, but no one medically researched it until they finally did in the UK at Exeter University... verifying the lack of that part of the brain- that lights up for most , (MRI) is not even activated for us. Lack of visual imagination has nothing to do with creativity as one of the most famous children's books authors and one of the co-founders of Firefox , both have Aphantasia. This condition is more common then most believe. I remember getting into a argument with a outside corporate trainer brought in by the bank I was working at about 40 years ago trying to train us how to relax and think out of the box......and relax and imagine our favorite place -be it the beach etc... and clear our minds..... and when I told them I can not do that...ever....they did not believe me... funny now in retrospect.

Think about it.... what is 2 plus 2.... ? Do you have to visualize that to come to the answer? NO, maybe when you were 3 years old, but not now. I Many of us have never had the crutch of using the visual to help with memory. Perhaps we are much brighter than people that need that ....sort of like having a pencil and paper to cheat a little.... something that we do not need nor have.

Yet, I have had a lifetime of paranormal experiences including extreme up close ufo encounters, with witnesses and lost time...all consciously remembered during and after the experiences... the missing time...upwards of 7 hours is lost, but that might be a gift as the abject fear after does not indicate a fun field trip.

So when I listen to others telling about their paranormal experience.... I wonder how do they separate their visual imagination from reality....????

Update, just reviewed email -invite to conference next year at Exeter and saw that there is also the opposite condition called hyperphantasia (extreme imagination) that might explain the vast majority of claimed encounters....

Last edited:
I am not blind, but many of us suffer from a condition called Aphantasia... We have no minds eye like most people do... so when you imagine an apple - most can not only see one if they close their eyes, many can do so with their eyes open.... People with Aphantasia can not do this. I spent years practicing meditation trying to imagine anything....nothing, but black of gray depending on amount of light in room. This condition has been known for centuries, but no one medically researched it until they finally did in the UK at Exeter University... verifying the lack of that part of the brain- that lights up for most , (MRI) is not even activated for us. Lack of visual imagination has nothing to do with creativity as one of the most famous children's books authors and one of the co-founders of Firefox , both have Aphantasia. This condition is more common then most believe. I remember getting into a argument with a outside corporate trainer brought in by the bank I was working at about 40 years ago trying to train us how to relax and think out of the box......and relax and imagine our favorite place -be it the beach etc... and clear our minds..... and when I told them I can not do that...ever....they did not believe me... funny now in retrospect.

Think about it.... what is 2 plus 2.... ? Do you have to visualize that to come to the answer? NO, maybe when you were 3 years old, but not now. I Many of us have never had the crutch of using the visual to help with memory. Perhaps we are much brighter than people that need that ....sort of like having a pencil and paper to cheat a little.... something that we do not need nor have.

Yet, I have had a lifetime of paranormal experiences including extreme up close ufo encounters, with witnesses and lost time...all consciously remembered during and after the experiences... the missing time...upwards of 7 hours is lost, but that might be a gift as the abject fear after does not indicate a fun field trip.

So when I listen to others telling about their paranormal experience.... I wonder how do they separate their visual imagination from reality....????

Update, just reviewed email -invite to conference next year at Exeter and saw that there is also the opposite condition called hyperphantasia (extreme imagination) that might explain the vast majority of claimed encounters....
Interesting post. It is very relevant to this week's guest who likes to focus on the aspect of consciousness and the paranormal. I anticipate that I'll have more than a point or two to make ;) .

Interesting - it was only a few years ago that I stumbled across a couple of BBC articles about aphantasia and realised that it answered many questions about my own life - it was quite a revelation. It's a real disability and one has to employ really quite creative solutions in order to compensate. However I have managed a successful family and business life despite this - even though I never realised that I had it

Just curious DV, and anyone else with aphantasia, do you have "movie-like" dreams (i.e. with various images) at night when you sleep? Seems to me that there might be some interrelation between images in night dreams during sleep and the ability to visualize images in waking consciousness, but maybe not.

Back