• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangles

I have to be honest - I was unconvinced of the existence of black triangles, until I saw one at the beginning of this month. Now, I know they exist, but what they are, I have no idea. I suspect my sighting was of something military. It was an archetypal black triangle, quite high up, with an orange-white light on each of its three corners, and a central red light. It was a definite black, equilateral triangle against a not-quite dark sky. It was so archetypal, in fact, that when I first saw it, I laughed, and thought to myself, 'that can't be what it looks like'. I kept expecting it to assume the familiar form of a passenger jet as it got closer, but it maintained the triangular shape. It flew blunt end on, which puzzled me, on a very straight trajectory. I have no idea if it made a noise, because there were other aircraft in the sky at the time. I didn't feel any odd effects from it.

Does anyone else feel these things are military? Or at least some of them? I've been left convinced of their existence, but none the wiser as to what they could possibly be.

macavity said:
Siani,

Out of interest - and if you don't mind saying - where were you when you saw it (i.e. country, city etc.)?

Swansea, in Wales, UK. It was around 6.15 PM, on February 1st. A couple of my neighbours, who were sitting around their patio heater, saw it too. But I think they got spooked, so they fled indoors. One of them, the guy, is ex-military. So in retrospect, his reaction surprised me a little.

Eventually, I'll see one of these black triangles. That is, if I hang out with more people who see them on a regular basis. I got a new digital camera, and know how to use it.

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

In the interests of full disclosure (if the "d" word hasn't been irreversibly tainted by now) I saw what looked like a stereotypical triangle myself back in 1995, location Dartford in Kent, UK. It's actually something that now makes me feel quite frustrated because I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, I think it was before I'd even heard of BTs in a ufological/paranormal/fortean context. It happened early one evening, lasted just a few seconds before moving out of sight (beyond some nearby houses) and my recollection is that it was moving slowly and silently. The problem if I'm honest is that I don't really have much more than the vaguest of memories about it now, other than remembering where and when it took place. Could it have been a misidentification of a normal aircraft? Possibly, I have to remain open to that because my memory of the incident is so vague. I don't recall any news reports about it in the local media but I did notice that someone posted another sighting to a UFO list a few years later saying that they'd seen something similar in the same area (the sighting itself was a few years later, though, too).

I didn't get the sense that it was otherworldly in any way, I just assumed it was some type of craft I wasn't aware of. Certainly if I had to place my bets now, I'd plump for a military/industrial origin rather than anything more...out there :)

macavity said:
I didn't get the sense that it was otherworldly in any way, I just assumed it was some type of craft I wasn't aware of. Certainly if I had to place my bets now, I'd plump for a military/industrial origin rather than anything more...out there :)

Same here. Unfortunately, due to the presence of some noisy commercial airliners in the sky at the same time, I was unable to determine if the thing made a noise or not. The craft I saw moved fairly quickly, and I was able to watch it until it receded far into the distance. It certainly didn't scare me in any way. Had it stopped and hovered over me, shot towards me, or done anything else that seemed a bit peculiar, I might have felt differently about it. Was it a UFO? To me, it was, as it was airborne and I had no idea what it was. But I don't consider UFO to be shorthand for 'alien spacecraft'. That said, just because my FT most likely has an earthly explanation, it doesn't mean every triangle does. I still find the Belgian flap of 1989-90 very intriguing, given the calibre of some of the witnesses, who felt it wasn't one of ours.

does anyone else think it unusual that appearances of Black triangles appear to have a preference for NATO countries with a particular bias towards the U.S?

I saw my black triangle while looking for meteorites in Aug 2001 or 2002 around 2am near Cleora, Oklahoma, USA.
It made no noise at all. I saw a dark blob directly overhead. It was coming from the east and going directly west. It was the size of a large jet at very low elevation, like 100 or 200 ft. I quickly determined its shape by noticing where the stars were missing. It had 3 white dots close to each corner of the triangle. It was going point first. I saw no other details.
It was going about 30 or 40mph, then the front point angled up and it went nearly straight up, faster than I have ever seen an aircraft move.
... and completely no noise.

does anyone else think it unusual that appearances of Black triangles appear to have a preference for NATO countries with a particular bias towards the U.S?
ive noticed it.....

i once posted about that, hypothesising that they are US made craft, designed to make you think you have a UFO problem. its psych ops worthy of Sun Tzu.

This is a pretty impressive video.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Well, I have just found this forum again, after two years, so I need to go back and read all the responses to my post. What I saw was NOT a rectangle, but a triangular ship. Someone asked how I felt, and I don't know if I responded. Let me go read the posts, then come back to make responses...

RowanC

Well, I have just found this forum again, after two years, so I need to go back and read all the responses to my post. What I saw was NOT a rectangle, but a triangular ship. Someone asked how I felt, and I don't know if I responded. Let me go read the posts, then come back to make responses...

RowanC

Hey RowanC maybe you should bookmark this forum so it doesn't take 2 years to find it again. Just sayin.. ;0)

Ok... I got tired reading... I thought it might be helpful to repost my post, with a little more information. Nothing I've seen on this forum is a drawing of what we saw, although some things are close.

Joe and I have talked this over several times. We are no longer partners, but continue to agree that "we saw what we saw!"

You would think that an experience like this would be burned into your memory. But the fact is, we walked away dazed and didn't really discuss the details until a year later, when we saw a program on television about other people seeing the same ship around the same date. As we looked back, we realized it was not 1996, but rather early March 1997 when we saw this thing. I know this because my divorce was final in 1996, and I met Joe the same winter, and December of THAT winter is when we went to Desert Hot Springs for the first time. So the sighting had to be in 1997, not 1996.

Here is what we recall. . .

The place we were staying (and stayed each winter) was Caliente Hot Springs in Desert Hot Springs, CA.
This is a 55 and over resort, with one huge swimming pool and many small hot pools, mostly covered.

This night, it was late and we were the only ones in the pools, so I'd say it had to be after 10 pm.

We were sitting in the UNCOVERED pool, out in the open. There are two one-story buildings in an "L" shape and nestled in the elbow of the "L" is the hot tub.

To this day, I don't know why I looked up because there was absolutely no sound at all.
But I did.
And what I saw took my breath away.
RIGHT over our heads, not more than 3 stories high, I"d say, was a HUGE triangular ship.
It was so large, it seemed to cover the entire sky over our heads.
It was moving, but extremely slow.
It seemed as if was observing us.
It was so low flying, that we watched it for several minutes, and it eventually disappeared behind the one-story building.
It did not make a sound.
It appeared to be a dark grey metal.
There were lights or portals in the 3 corners and a light in the center.
I've tried and tried to remember what color the lights were, but I cannot.
I THINK they were amber in the corners.
I THINK the center light was red.
I do know the center light was larger than the ones in the corners.

When it disappeared, I looked at Joe and he looked at me.
I said, "Did you SEE that?"
He nodded.
We did not talk.
We got out of the tubs, wrapped ourselves in our towels, and walked home.
We did not discuss it.
Looking back, it was really sort of strange how "non-eventful" our response was.

A year later, when we saw the television program, we tried to recall the date.
You would think we'd write something like this down immediately.
But we didn't and I cannot explain why.
It really makes no sense.

BUT... we SAW it.

ok.. so...someone asks on the forum:
Quick question for both RowanC and b-spray; what was your impression of what each of you saw? Did you come away from it with the idea that it was man-made or of a non-human nature?
While this question is of course entirely subjective, I'm interested in the "feelings" that seem to be attached to the sightings of triangles and what they might tell us.

My impression was that this was NOT something our military has. Yes, it could have been "man-made" but I cannot imagine that if we have ANYTHING like this, that there would be a war anywhere. All you'd have to do is show it to the enemy troops and they'd hit the hills, running. This thing was HUGE and made me feel helpless.

I was not afraid of it. I was just in awe.

A couple of side notes as to how it affected me.
Soon after this, I got very ill with a lot of unexplained problems.
I could not sleep. I would wake up every night at 3 am.
I had painful swollen joints and brain fog, depression, and an inability to cope with life in general.
During the course of my treatment, I had a hair analysis done, and there was a lot of uranium in my hair.
I have no explanation for this except that we had been in the desert and perhaps I picked it up there.

I was eventually diagnosed with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
I have no idea if this is related.. it could be or it could be a coincidence.
I did grow up on a farm where I was exposed to DDT and other farming chemicals.
I am 57 years old.

After years of chelation via diet, I am able to work about 3 days a week.
But I am extremely sensitive to scents, light, and noise.

The other thing... I've always been fascinated with religion... "searching" for truth.
After this experience, I read the Bible again and realized that the "big grey cloud" and the "pillar of light" that Moses and the Children of Israel followed through the desert was a ship like this one... because if I had no idea that humans could fly in ships, I would call what I saw a "big grey cloud" and if I didn't know what electricity was, I might call something as simple as a searchlight "a pillar of fire."

This has really affected my ability to settle into a church or religion.
I have read Sitchin since this, and now I'm even more confused about what is and isn't true.

I personally believe I saw an extra terrestrial ship that for some reason found us interesting.
I see no reason for a "secret" government ship to display itself so blatantly.

Anyway.. that's my story...

Rowan, I appreciated your detailed description of the triangle craft you encountered! My late father and his sister and b-i-l encountered a triangle craft (they described it as an arrowhead shape ) in Winsted Connecticut, in the late summer of 1958. It was on a country road with farmland on both sides and shortly after sundown. The craft suddenly appeared and then disappeared (after what they believed was about 15 seconds). It wasn't large compared to todays triangle descriptions - about 40 ft. wide/50 ft. long and was a dark, matte brown color with three light blue lights at each point. It made them feel like they had "ants crawling inside of them". It made no noise but they smelled a strong burnt match odor (sulphur?). They had physical reactions afterwards - vomiting, diarrhea and eye irritation for a few days.

My Dad had thought it was an experimental vehicle that Pratt and Whitney or Sikorsky (both aircraft manufacturers located in Conneticut) had created and were testing. But it made no sense to him that it would be tested on a small, winding road directly in front of a car.

I think the triangles are not new, but have probably always been apart of the pantheon of ufo shapes.

I lean rather heavily on the clandestine government project when it comes to triangle. Everything is so possible when it comes to the paranormal so it's hard to say.

However with the stealth bombers and what little we know about this sort of thing I think that there is reason to believe there is a technological development we see with so many things like old black & white tvs to the 3D tvs we see now. So much is kept top secret and I think that the triangles is a government lead project.

There is some questions regarding this theory like, why haven't we used the tech in Aghanistan and so on?

I say, how do we know we haven't? What are stealth planes designed for?

I saw a large, triangular flying-craft in Austin, TX, flying low about 10 miles away from Camp Mabry. This one was not silent. It sounded like it had jet-turbines like any other jet. It did have the three large lights at each point, as is typical in these reports, but it also had what appeared to be standard landing-lights. I would guess that the wingspan was around the size of large passenger-plane...way bigger than any stealth-fighter. It seemed to be very much a terrestrial-made machine.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'll explain my expereince, It was around about 3/4 years ago In Shropshire United Kingdom in a small town called Broseley where I live back in the day social network website Myspace was being used It was around 11pm I live in quite a old house and had my shutters half way closed over my window, I noticed some red lights flying past my window very slowley, I being rather excited rushed out to see it and to my disbelief there was a black Triangle some stupidly low height like a few hundred feet in the air, It went out of my view so I rushed outside the back of my house to take a better look I noticed a green light at the front of the triangle and two red lights at the back, as it crusied over my house I had a wave of great respect towards this craft, the engines were a pinky hue colour almost white, It was flying east at the time and just drifted off into the distance no noise at all... The best way I can describe the engines they were a lot like darth vaders triangle shaped crafts engine I forgot the name... :)

Back