• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Knight Satellite

Yes, the "Black Knight" satellite was pretty well known "back in the day." Major Donald Keyhoe and John Keel both mentioned it in their writings back in the 1960's. I spoke about it several times on my original radio program, UFOs Tonight. It is a little known fact also that when we first started to launch astronauts into space, on the very first launches they were requested by NASA to keep their eyes open for unknown space craft. I believe it was Shepard and Glenn .. also maybe Grissom. But what ever that original thing was ... it had left.

Also in this vein, another little known fact that Keyhoe pointed out to the public was two *asteroids ... that took up an equatorial orbit about 1953 or 54 (it has been a long time since I referenced this) were detected by military radar. *This became public knowledge at the time and the big G claimed that these two *space rocks just happened to come in with the right trajectory and took orbit ... one about 400 miles out and the other approx. 600 miles out. Pure crap at its finest but at the time the public bought the story.

And so it goes .....

Decker

"......"This fact...that in the early days of the space race there was a Satellite orbiting in a Geosynchronous Polar Orbit that was NOT Russian or USA made. The satellite was tracked and got the name know has, "Dark Knight"......"

Since polar geosynchronous orbits are physically impossible, I have to wonder what other misinformation is in this article.

Geosynchronous orbit (orbiting over one spot on the earth) can only be acheived over the equator, since the satellite is orbiting in the same direction as earth's spin. Not possible to do over the poles.

Don,
John Keel did ever think the UFO wave of 1940s to 1953 was there any links to the Black Knight and its disappearance?

The Black Knight was around 1958 or 1959. That was shortly after Sputnik and at that time the est. weight of the Black Knight was well over a ton. That was more weight than either the Soviets or we could put in orbit. So what ever it was it was fairly certain that no nation on this planet put it up there.

Decker

PS You also asked about its disappearance. It was gone about 1960 and later (and I forget who it was) suggested it was an ET robotic probe. Whatever it was ... you can't argue it was strange.

Thanks for the info, Don. I have a vague recollection of having heard about it long ago, but not in any detail. Seems a rather remarkable episode to just fade into the past like that. Makes a person wonder how many other truly strange and undeniable events get ignored until they "go away."

Thanks for the info, Don. I have a vague recollection of having heard about it long ago, but not in any detail. Seems a rather remarkable episode to just fade into the past like that. Makes a person wonder how many other truly strange and undeniable events get ignored until they "go away."

You just hit on their winning strategy, the passage of TIME. They powers that be depend upon it. Oh, and the fact that the MEDIA will not report on these incidents, so naturally the public forgets since they have no memory of the event. Win - win for the architects of secrecy.

Decker

Now that I think of it, I read about this years ago in one of William R Corliss' books on mysteries of space. He wrote so many of them I can't remember which one it was. But I do remember him writing something about an article being in a peer reviewed publication that was about possible artificial satellites before 1957. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Back