• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bizarre calf mutilations-Colorado

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Bizarre calf mutilations found on Colorado ranch
Nov 26 01:55 PM US/Eastern

SAN LUIS, Colo. (AP) - A creepy string of calf mutilations in southern Colorado has a rancher and sheriff's officials mystified.

Four calves were found dead in a pasture just north of the New Mexico state line in recent weeks. The dead calves had their skins peeled back and organs cleared from the rib cage. One calf had its tongue removed.

But rancher Manuel Sanchez has found no signs of human attackers, such as footprints or ATV tracks. And there are no signs of an animal attack by a coyote or mountain lion. Usually predators leave pools of blood or drag marks from carrying away the livestock.

Two officers from the Costilla County Sheriff's Office have investigated the mutilations but say they don't know what's killing the calves.

"There's nothing really to go by," said Sanchez, who's ranched for nearly 50 years. "I can't figure it out."

A spokesman for the sheriff's office told The Pueblo Chieftain that investigators doubt a person butchered the calves because there is no blood at the scene.

"I've butchered a cow before and I know what kind of a mess it leaves," Sgt. James Chavez said.

Some in the area believe the mutilations are the work of aliens. An area UFO chaser, Chuck Zukowski of Colorado Springs, has been to the Costilla County pasture to investigate.

He told the paper there have been other unexplained calf mutilations in the area, including three in March. One of the other calves, found dead on a ranch near Trinidad, had its ears removed, Zukowski said.

"We're trying as much as we can to find a pattern," said Zukowski, who runs a UFO Web site called ufonut.com.

Sanchez said he has sold off his 32 remaining calves out of fear more would be mutilated. He hasn't decided how he'll manage the remaining 40 animals in his herd.

"It's a big loss for a small rancher," he said.

___

Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, The Pueblo Chieftain Online ::

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I still find the cattle mutilations highly strange and in a way totally absurd. It's still unclear who's responsible for this phenomenon but it's pretty obvious 'they' couldn't care less about the results of their actions, and that is the weird part.

If you want organs from animals there are more clever ways of going about your business without anyone noticing. You can simply go to the butcher shop of course but (for arguments sake) if you're an alien wanting fresh body parts for whatever reason they could also contact a middle man (a farmer) and make a deal with him (in secret). The farmer sets out to buy cows and gets paid with precious metals (for example). Everybody happy, nobody the wiser.

Clearly this is not the case. Whoever is doing this is either aware of the results and doesn't care, or they are oblivious.

I find the whole mutilation business sinister, whatever the nature of the agency behind the phenomenon. In some ways, I'd much rather it be down to paranormal activity, than human. I could handle the idea of non-human entities doing vile things to animals far better than the thought that humans could be doing this, for occult reasons, scientific experiments or any other bizarre purposes. The worst aspect of the mutilation phenomenon though, is the fact that human mutilations have occurred, in a similar fashion to the attacks carried out on cattle. The vileness of the whole phenomenon leads me to suspect that the human race is responsible. But who knows?

This isnt something we get much of in Australia(That i know of) but this has been going on in the US for a long time right?were there ever any "Decent" Theorys behind it? obviously the "Freak" who likes torturing animals is a given but it all sounds very surgical?

...Maybe ET likes Beef?...and why wouldnt they? ;)

I find the whole mutilation business sinister.... The vileness of the whole phenomenon leads me to suspect that the human race is responsible. But who knows?

I agree. I've worked a little bit with county-level law enforcement and human services, and it's always quite an education. The average citizen would not sleep well at night if he knew about the kinds of sick, disturbed individuals who are living right next door.

The human mind seems limitless in its capability of dreaming up and perpetrating perverse, unimaginably cruel acts on animals as well as other people. I would HOPE it's actually aliens ... but I also doubt it.

insane-insanity-plea-straight-jacket-crazy-nuts.jpg

I for one would truly appreciate a show on the mutilation phenomenum, including human mutilations if they are real (I suspect they are). There is a video on YouTube called "Silent Killers" which discusses mutilations in the U.K., and my impression is that this truly is a global phenomena (which argues against this being a program solely perpetrated by the U.S. government).

It is sometimes suggested that the mutilations are as much theater intended to have certain effects on humans as anything else. A kind of terrorism, it is said. I've lived in and around agricultural areas most of my life, and I've known about a few mutilations, third hand information mostly. Ranchers are not stupid people. They can't be if they manage to stay in business. Nor are they easily tricked or upset by ordinary processes. They have intimate familiarity with their land and the creatures on it. When they are freaked out by things like this, something strange is happening. When they find a mutilated animal lying on top of fresh snow, with no blood or footprints or any other sign of a disturbance, they know better than any of us that something truly bizarre has taken place. I don't buy for a moment the idea that all of the mutilation cases have been done by humans. Sure, there is evidence of military or other human activity in some cases, but if you take an honest look at the phenomenon as a whole, there is no known explanation for a good number of cases. There are just too many cases that feature circumstances that do not allow conventional explanations.

The article leaves room for too many assumptions, imo. It doesn't state how long the animals were dead. Why then couldn't they have died from natural causes and then birds or some other carrions eat out of it?

Lack of blood could be that it evaporated over time.

I'm only guessing, but this article is not nearly detailed enough to make any really good guesses, I think. It is written from the position from the get-go that the dessicated cattle occurred from unconventional means. I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that. At least not from this piece.

And as for humans being capable of such vileness, if this occurred to them, I don't see why aliens can't be equally or more vile. I don't like to underestimate anyone, whether from Earth or elsewhere. Either way, it is a unnerving thought. (shudder)

Gah, if I were an alien or inter-dimensional, or whatever, I think I'd take the whole thing. Or two and breed them and have an unending supply of milk, kidneys, or whatever I'd want. But no, it's easier to take them piecemeal over decades!

Back