• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigelow Believes Aliens already here

Your conclusions are only as good as your assumptions. I try to avoid assumptions. I don't think anything about what he might have, because we don't know anything about what he might have because he ain't sayin'. We don't know why he ain't sayin' either, and it's useless to make assumptions about that because... Wait for it... We don't know enough to make an intelligent guess. That does not keep me from finding his comments interesting. Why would it? He's just as qualified to express his opinion about it as anyone else.

I think some of us know enough to at least be able to make an "intelligent guess". Like it's a safe bet that an organization like the DOD with billions of dollars worth of detection, monitoring, and intercept capability probably knows more than most people, and Bigelow being a witness himself with a lot of his own resources resources and connections might also know more than most people. But in the end the difference between the average civilian who knows alien visitation is real and these other organizations is most probably a matter of relatively trivial details. If any of them had some substantial knowledge, they'd be putting into production instead of still trying to figure it out.

I think some of us know enough to at least be able to make an "intelligent guess". Like it's a safe bet that an organization like the DOD with billions of dollars worth of detection, monitoring, and intercept capability probably knows more than most people, and Bigelow being a witness himself with a lot of his own resources resources and connections might also know more than most people. But in the end the difference between the average civilian who knows alien visitation is real and these other organizations is most probably a matter of relatively trivial details. If any of them really had something substantial materially, they'd be putting into production instead of still trying to figure it out.
If he had something and wanted to monetize it, he'd have his mouth very closed until he patented it, and then have it very open and explicit about it.

He's doing neither.

I'm not making an assumption.

You are not assuming that if he had some Earth shattering evidence, he'd share it? Or that we'd know about it by now? I'm pretty sure you said something like that above, but I'm not bored enough to hunt it down. My point is, and the only reason I'm still wasting time on this, is assumptions can be invisible to the one doing the assuming. Maybe he has some astounding proof, but is keeping it to himself for some reason we could only guess at. It doesn't make any more sense for you to try to figure out what he knows than it does for me to do that. Once you start building a "logical" case on guesses and assumptions, you set up a "garbage in, garbage out" mechanism. Those are not terribly useful. You might get a "right" answer now and then, but probably not twice a day as with a broken clock.

Bigelow said what he said and the media covered it. NASA contractor believes in aliens. For some people, that really is news. To expect the media to ignore something like that, for one reason or a hundred others, really isn't realistic. Mostly us geeks yawned. What a surprise.

You are not assuming that if he had some Earth shattering evidence, he'd share it? Or that we'd know about it by now? I'm pretty sure you said something like that above, but I'm not bored enough to hunt it down. My point is, and the only reason I'm still wasting time on this, is assumptions can be invisible to the one doing the assuming. Maybe he has some astounding proof, but is keeping it to himself for some reason we could only guess at. It doesn't make any more sense for you to try to figure out what he knows than it does for me to do that. Once you start building a "logical" case on guesses and assumptions, you set up a "garbage in, garbage out" mechanism. Those are not terribly useful. You might get a "right" answer now and then, but probably not twice a day as with a broken clock.

Bigelow said what he said and the media covered it. NASA contractor believes in aliens. For some people, that really is news. To expect the media to ignore something like that, for one reason or a hundred others, really isn't realistic. Mostly us geeks yawned. What a surprise.
If he had something and he didn't want to talk about it because he wanted it to himself he wouldn't have talked about it.

If he had something and couldn't talk about it he wouldn't have said what he said.

If he didn't have anything but had some experiences and questionable data, he would have said exactly what he said.

It seems logically consistent to conclude so.

My thoughts on Robert Bigelow and the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program:
The Defartment of Defense Spending (DoD). A cesspool of Gov waste

I find on UFO forums you have those anal people who absolutely cannot accept the possibility some UFOs can be ET arguing every point. Then there are those who are absolutely convinced there is a cover-up of aliens and want to believe.

I'm open to some UFOs being ET based on researching alien abductions and close encounter reports. That said, it's hard to fathom how aliens can actually get here if you have a little college education. It's impossible to travel the speed of light so it would be like a one way trip to any species traveling here from the nearest star system not to mention the way space travel at high speed affects time if a species tried to do a round trip. The other problem is any Earth like planet that can support similar conditions to earth or any alien species you can physically meet would have the real risk of contamination like the Native American almost being wiped out by the common cold. So then the other possibility is some of the alien beings people see have been here awhile or have an outpost like the Oort Cloud or one of the moons with water. One thing that favors this theory is the Homo Sapien is not that old. It could be the other way around where humans are a product of them and they've always been here, well at least longer than the modern primate on this planet. The thing that works against that theory is a skeptic would ask why is there not more evidence of a foreign pesence with advanced capabilities? Then there is the invasion theory where aliens have to create hybrids in order to live on earth. The military would like that theory since anything considered a threat means more defense spending. In that case, the timing of aliens arriving here coinciding with modern human development would have to be like winning the lottery type odds. Modern technology has only been around for 100 years. It seems unlikely that the ET's would just happen to get here during the earliest signs of modernization like the discovery of electricity or in 1947 after the discovery of the A-bomb.

Last edited:
I find on UFO forums you have those anal people who absolutely cannot accept the possibility some UFOs can be ET arguing every point. Then there are those who are absolutely convinced there is a cover-up of aliens and want to believe.

I'm open to some UFOs being ET based on researching alien abductions and close encounter reports. That said, it's hard to fathom how aliens can actually get here if you have a little college education. It's impossible to travel the speed of light so it would be like a one way trip to any species traveling here from the nearest star system not to mention the way space travel at high speed affects time if a species tried to do a round trip.
The nearest star system is just over 4 Light years away, which means that at only half light speed a craft could make a round-trip well within a human lifespan.
The other problem is any Earth like planet that can support similar conditions to earth or any alien species you can physically meet would have the real risk of contamination like the Native American almost being wiped out by the common cold.
A lot of diseases aren't transferable between species. The Native American contamination was human-to-human exposure. Or via some transfer mechanism like tainted clothes, blankets, food, etc.
So then the other possibility is some of the alien beings people see have been here awhile or have an outpost like the Oort Cloud or one of the moons with water. One thing that favors this theory is the Homo Sapien is not that old. It could be the other way around where humans are a product of them and they've always been here, well at least longer than the modern primate on this planet. The thing that works against that theory is a skeptic would ask why is there not more evidence of a foreign pesence with advanced capabilities?
That's a reasonable question for sure.
Then there is the invasion theory where aliens have to create hybrids in order to live on earth. The military would like that theory since anything considered a threat means more defense spending. In that case, the timing of aliens arriving here coinciding with modern human development would have to be like winning the lottery type odds. Modern technology has only been around for 100 years. It seems unlikely that the ET's would just happen to get here during the earliest signs of modernization like the discovery of electricity or in 1947 after the discovery of the A-bomb.
There have been ancient reports of strange things in the sky, but virtually all UFO reports, ( at least all that the public is aware of ) have no scientifically valid material evidence to back them up. The phenomenon has been constrained largely to the human experience. Hynek was among the first to impress that on us in his classic book The UFO Experience.

Well, there are various extraterrestrials that reside both in Russia and the United States. There is a very secret service that monitors that type of activity. There is a soundbite of former Russian president Dimitri discussing this very topic when he thought the cameras were off I’ll try to get the soundbite for you

This is Russian prime minister Dimitri discussing the top-secret file about extraterrestrials and the Secret Service that monitors their activity

Last edited:
This is Russian prime minister Dimitri discussing the top-secret file about extraterrestrials and the Secret Service that monitors their activity
Very interesting how that news was suddenly interrupted by news about the Duchess. I haven't heard this news before. If you run across anything else related to this story please post it up!

Back