1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Bigelow Believes Aliens already here

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by matthew1977, May 30, 2017.

1. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    I think some of us know enough to at least be able to make an "intelligent guess". Like it's a safe bet that an organization like the DOD with billions of dollars worth of detection, monitoring, and intercept capability probably knows more than most people, and Bigelow being a witness himself with a lot of his own resources resources and connections might also know more than most people. But in the end the difference between the average civilian who knows alien visitation is real and these other organizations is most probably a matter of relatively trivial details. If any of them had some substantial knowledge, they'd be putting into production instead of still trying to figure it out.

Thomas R Morrison and marduk like this.
  2. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    If he had something and wanted to monetize it, he'd have his mouth very closed until he patented it, and then have it very open and explicit about it.

He's doing neither.

3. Double Nought Spy

Double Nought Spy May I please go back to the zoo now?

Wag
    You are not assuming that if he had some Earth shattering evidence, he'd share it? Or that we'd know about it by now? I'm pretty sure you said something like that above, but I'm not bored enough to hunt it down. My point is, and the only reason I'm still wasting time on this, is assumptions can be invisible to the one doing the assuming. Maybe he has some astounding proof, but is keeping it to himself for some reason we could only guess at. It doesn't make any more sense for you to try to figure out what he knows than it does for me to do that. Once you start building a "logical" case on guesses and assumptions, you set up a "garbage in, garbage out" mechanism. Those are not terribly useful. You might get a "right" answer now and then, but probably not twice a day as with a broken clock.

Bigelow said what he said and the media covered it. NASA contractor believes in aliens. For some people, that really is news. To expect the media to ignore something like that, for one reason or a hundred others, really isn't realistic. Mostly us geeks yawned. What a surprise.

Usual Suspect likes this.
  4. Double Nought Spy

Wag
    So this is a fact then? An assumption? Your opinion? It's stated as a fact. Got any proof?

5. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    If he had something and he didn't want to talk about it because he wanted it to himself he wouldn't have talked about it.

If he had something and couldn't talk about it he wouldn't have said what he said.

If he didn't have anything but had some experiences and questionable data, he would have said exactly what he said.

It seems logically consistent to conclude so.

6. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    I've already posted my logic. Find my error and I'll change my thinking.

7. Double Nought Spy

Wag
    :D

marduk likes this.
  8. Hollywood Tomfortas

Hollywood Tomfortas Paranormal Adept

Cat Butler