• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigelow Believes Aliens already here

I cannot respect Bigelow because he hoards every piece of information he acquires with his big bankroll. Nothing is released for the benefit of humanity. It seems to currently be his private hobby, like collecting expensive guns or art. Everything goes in and nothing comes out.

his comment that they are right under our noses and that we don't have to look far to find them suggests that he is convinced that there is a species not just living on the planet as a visitor, but perhaps as a parallel lifeform that for whatever reasons we only intersect with on unique occasions, but that have been here for a very long time. that makes a lot more sense that the surreal suggestion that alien life forms from far away are risking their lives for some field studies here on earth that apparently needs to be replicated ad nauseum. for me this is the more likely possibility that there is a life form parallel to us that is beyond our sensory capacities but on "special occasions" be they engineered or chance circumstance become visible and trackable to human perceptual capacities.

regardless it's a very curious comment that he makes and it should not be confused with the real non-sensical thinking that Jacobs brings to the discussion of aliens living here on earth.

his comment that they are right under our noses and that we don't have to look far to find them suggests that he is convinced that there is a species not just living on the planet as a visitor, but perhaps as a parallel lifeform that for whatever reasons we only intersect with on unique occasions, but that have been here for a very long time. that makes a lot more sense that the surreal suggestion that alien life forms from far away are risking their lives for some field studies here on earth that apparently needs to be replicated ad nauseum. for me this is the more likely possibility that there is a life form parallel to us that is beyond our sensory capacities but on "special occasions" be they engineered or chance circumstance become visible and trackable to human perceptual capacities.

regardless it's a very curious comment that he makes and it should not be confused with the real non-sensical thinking that Jacobs brings to the discussion of aliens living here on earth.
At the end of the day, isn't it just yet another individual talking about their opinion?

He just happens to have a lot of money and connection to the aerospace industry?

All I think this tells us is that he has found zero peer-review worthy evidence of anything on the ranch or elsewhere. If he did, he would have said it in this release. If he had it and didn't want to release it, he wouldn't have said anything.

So he's just mouthing off here is my read.

Their research team did release I think three specific papers that were science based reports. The cattle mutilation one was pretty interesting.

What I understand is that he's sunk a lot of money into it and threw lots of good science at the scene as well as using Vallee to help create a program to assess and possibly draw some conclusions from all the damn data.

What I'm curious about is his word selection. He claims it was a nuts and bolts up close and encounter UFO experience that his grandparents had as his inciting interest. And the logo for his company speaks to his obsession.

However, these don't sound like the comments of a manipulated individual or a hardcore believer about aliens from space. His suggestion that they are right under our noses speaks to an inter or intra or extra-dimensional hypothesis. He's claiming imho that the "UFO Alien" is something parallel to human society. It's a curious comment to make.

I don't believe he will ever share anything else more specific than that as I doubt there's anything very specific to know at this point.

I find his comments interesting simply because he has had access to information we would all love to get our hands on. What he has or has not done with that information is a separate subject; one we all have opinions on but which does not change the fact that he is an intelligent person who has seen an extraordinary collection of data. I would like him better if he shared his hoard of data, but again that's a different subject. He shares his honest opinion even when it probably does not help his business, and it's interesting to hear what he thinks. Then there is the simple fact that none of us can honestly say what we would do in his position. We can't know that without being there ourselves. We can tell ourselves we would be much more altruistic, but who here is a billionaire? I'd bet money we'd all spend "millions and millions" acquiring data if we could, but what we would do with it is of course unknowable.

Maybe a little from Column A and some from Column B. Maybe getting here is, for them, a hell of a lot easier and less hazardous than we like to assume. We do an awful lot of assuming. So much so that many of our assumptions go completely unnoticed, or are just assumed to be unassailable facts.

I find his comments interesting simply because he has had access to information we would all love to get our hands on. What he has or has not done with that information is a separate subject; one we all have opinions on but which does not change the fact that he is an intelligent person who has seen an extraordinary collection of data. I would like him better if he shared his hoard of data, but again that's a different subject. He shares his honest opinion even when it probably does not help his business, and it's interesting to hear what he thinks. Then there is the simple fact that none of us can honestly say what we would do in his position. We can't know that without being there ourselves. We can tell ourselves we would be much more altruistic, but who here is a billionaire? I'd bet money we'd all spend "millions and millions" acquiring data if we could, but what we would do with it is of course unknowable.
Or maybe he's spent millions and is just guessing like the rest of us.

And is now justifying that spend to all of us just like when I buy a new car that I know I don't really need or get much value out of compared to the old one.

Maybe. My point is we don't know. Can't know, really. Dissing his opinion because we don't like his behavior gets us nowhere. That's not even logical. I said I find his statements are interesting. I also think it's interesting that you discount anything he says because of your dislike for him.

Maybe. My point is we don't know. Can't know, really. Dissing his opinion because we don't like his behavior gets us nowhere. That's not even logical. I said I find his statements are interesting. I also think it's interesting that you discount anything he says because of your dislike for him.
I don't like or dislike him.

However he hasn't said anything any different than any other researcher or experiencer.

Which logically tells me he doesn't know any different than anybody else. Because his behaviour is the same.

I disagree with some of your assumptions.

However he hasn't said anything any different than any other researcher or experiencer.

I also disagree with this statement, which can't possibly be true since they don't all say the same things. Not by a long shot. Parsing nonsense with logic will get you nowhere useful, but enjoy the trip.

I disagree with some of your assumptions.

I also disagree with this statement, which can't possibly be true since they don't all say the same things. Not by a long shot. Parsing nonsense with logic will get you nowhere useful, but enjoy the trip.

OK let's break down what he said.

He said he had since had his own experiences, but did not go into details.

K. Pretty much everybody has done that.

He's said he's 'absolutely convinced' aliens exist.

Pick your researcher. Many, if not most, say that. Hell, most cosmologists say that.

Then he said:

“There has been and is an existing presence, an ET presence, and I spent millions and millions and millions – I probably spent more as an individual than anybody else in the United States has ever spent on this subject.”

Pick your researcher. Uncle Stan, Vallee, Chris, Randall, anybody... I think they would all say there has been and is an existing presence of something.

One could assume ET means 'space alien' but all it really means is 'Extra' as in 'not of the' and 'Terrestrial' as in 'of this Earth.' Which could imply any number of things from parallel universes to thought forms from the 9th astral plane.

The reference to money to me seems like it is possibly buyer's remorse or rationalization as much as anybody. Hell, Chris sometimes speaks about the miles he put on his pickup truck in a similar fashion. I could go on about the money I've wasted on bad UFO books and time listening to Strieber's podcast.

And finally:

[he doesn't care what people think, it wouldn't...] “change the reality of what I know”

Which is exactly how I feel. I know something's there because I've seen and experienced things. And I can't describe them except in relatively mundane or nebulous ways, because how the hell am I supposed to describe a one on one interaction that can't be proven to anybody but the experiencer?

That's why I think what I think.

If he didn't have millions and a ballon stuck on the ISS this wouldn't be news. And I don't say that because I dislike the guy. At least he's put his money where his mouth is, and has done the work - which is more than I can say.

And I'm convinced he means what he said.

And what he didn't say is that he has evidence or proof of anything. So why would anybody speculate that he did?

Last edited:
Heh. I knew you'd enjoy the trip. Scolding others for assuming he might have gotten something for his millions and millions while assuming his comments are coming from buyer's remorse is pretty funny.

Sometimes I think Euclidean logic is just another rabbit hole in a universe strewn with them. It's good to see someone enjoying a hobby though. Carry on.

Heh. I knew you'd enjoy the trip. Scolding others for assuming he might have gotten something for his millions and millions while assuming his comments are coming from buyer's remorse is pretty funny.

Sometimes I think Euclidean logic is just another rabbit hole in a universe strewn with them. It's good to see someone enjoying a hobby though. Carry on.
He's said many things.

Never that he had proof of anything to my knowledge.

And none of his tech shows he's back engineered anything.

So why do you think he does - if that's in fact what you believe?

Your conclusions are only as good as your assumptions. I try to avoid assumptions. I don't think anything about what he might have, because we don't know anything about what he might have because he ain't sayin'. We don't know why he ain't sayin' either, and it's useless to make assumptions about that because...

Wait for it...

We don't know enough to make an intelligent guess. That does not keep me from finding his comments interesting. Why would it? He's just as qualified to express his opinion about it as anyone else.

Your conclusions are only as good as your assumptions. I try to avoid assumptions. I don't think anything about what he might have, because we don't know anything about what he might have because he ain't sayin'. We don't know why he ain't sayin' either, and it's useless to make assumptions about that because...

Wait for it...

We don't know enough to make an intelligent guess. That does not keep me from finding his comments interesting. Why would it? He's just as qualified to express his opinion about it as anyone else.
I'm not making an assumption.

I'm responding to what he actually said instead of what I want to believe.

Sure his comments are interesting. No more interesting than some researchers who actually share their data and logic.

Back