• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Back in Biz ... I think?!??!

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after 2 weeks plus, a new power supply, a new "super-duper fan", and a new ethernet card, a freaking new sound card, not to mention re-installing my OS (which meant now re-installing all my fracken' software, etc.) I think this computer should be back operating at peek performance. I am keeping all my fingers crossed for the show Monday. (By the way, I think the sound of this is about 200 % better.

Monday Dr. John Brandenberg is on DMR, and we are gonna discuss his new book on Mars which I just finished. Hope you can tune in and see what is what with this almost new system.

Oh yeah, think I am going to re-do the phone thing so you can call the show. See ya on the radio Dudes and Dudettes.

Decker

I've been listening to your Tim Beckley interview today and it's great stuff. For some reason, the shows that dig deep into the history of the UFO zines and groups always catch my attention. Back in the earlier days of UFO research, it seems much clearer than now. It's like they had an expectation of somehow reaching a conclusion...optimism maybe?

Modern UFO research is as important, yet I'm in my 30s and entirely resigned to the notion that none of us will ever get to the bottom of the UFO enigma. That asshole Klass had a point with his 'curse.'

Okay, what do you want, the good news or the bad news?

This new ethernet card suddenly quit working. I am thinking this god-damned computer is cursed! I am once again back on my laptop! Not sure if I want to smash something or not. At this point I think my best option is to get a new box. And I just re-installed all the software back on that box.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! ! ! !

Read my lips! Get a Mac!

You can buy a Mac mini, much more power than you need, for $699. Save $50-75 on a refurb. Works with your existing display, keyboard and mouse.

No more problems!

Okay, what do you want, the good news or the bad news?

This new ethernet card suddenly quit working. I am thinking this god-damned computer is cursed! I am once again back on my laptop! Not sure if I want to smash something or not. At this point I think my best option is to get a new box. And I just re-installed all the software back on that box.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! ! ! !

Start over reinstall everything then install it again from scratch

press any key to continue

if that does not work then reboot

smash your PC see if that helps

PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE
good luck

Read my lips! Get a Mac!

You can buy a Mac mini, much more power than you need, for $699. Save $50-75 on a refurb. Works with your existing display, keyboard and mouse.

No more problems!

Thanks Gene ... let me root around and see if I can find a spare $699.

Nope, not here ...

Decker

Sheesh i think Cyberstation should foot the bill this time, if you ask me. Don Fry's is just the worst place, sorry you have to use them. UGH.

Well, what do ya know? Made a quick trip over to Fry's and the techie did a little sumpin' and the box is working again! Sometimes I do appear to live right .....

Decker

Back