• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 9th Show - Ecker and the hosts

Free episodes:

Okay, I just got home and haven't had the chance to read through 8 pages (literally) of posting about this show but I can say it was a good one. I loved the banter, the no-holds-barred honesty, and the cursing (LOL). The ParaCast, like all such forms of media, has a particular formula that makes it so very successful. That formula consists of the personalities of Gene and David (can I call you Gene and David?) and the cold-hard-facts truthfulness that they project. No bullshit. Signal from noise. This is what the UFO field, and indeed the paranormal field, need.
I wish we had a show like this for ghost hunters!! I'm so sick of people claiming to be psychics, speaking for spirits, stating that orbs are ball lightning (fucking idiots!!...sorry), and other BS that we get within the ghost hunting discipline of paranormal research. We get the same stuff here as people do within the UFO discipline as well as the cryptozoology side of the house, too. It's frustrating but as David mentioned we do this to find our own answers and, sometimes we do this because we touch the lives of others and maybe give them a bit of a helpful boost. This podcast is the best I listen to (out of about 5), and I've just re-loaded my iPod with about 36 episodes from the past 3 years to catch up. I'm one of those people who has never seen a UFO, rarely had a paranormal experience, but am intensely interested in the subject, and I can tell that the ParaCast is the place where I will find solid truth or even honest admissions of ignorance (as in we don't know 'x' about what people are experiencing, so I mean 'ignorance' in a GOOD way!).

So thank you, Gene and David. And thank YOU Don Ecker. From what I've heard you rank right up there with the best-of-the-best in this field of research. All the bullshit you three have to put up with is just a sign that you're doing this right!

BTW, that decker guy who keeps posting is really insulting. I think he needs to be banned from the Forums!! (;)

I heard someone, I cannot remember who, put it very well once. Imagine jumping into a time machine heading for 1492. Find Christopher Columbus, give him a broken nuclear submarine, tell him to reverse engineer and use it for his transatlantic voyage. Could he do it? No way.

True enough... However, the inspiration and guidance it could offer would be greater than the item itself (depending on the scientific development stage of the receiver of course...).

Knowing that a working solution or application derived from more advanced applied science was constructed and was previously in working condition is enough to panic any pretentious military organization. I have extreme trouble with the idea that a 'spare no expense to reverse engineer' attitude would NOT be adopted by any intelligent super-power able to do so. If it was not able to decode the item, then I also have extreme trouble with the idea that a 'hide at all cost' attitude would NOT be adopted :D

The first thing any monkey will do is try to break the thing up into its smallest pieces... and try to build valid technological foundations from its decodable components (if any) .... thus the Corso agenda ;)

As science evolves and better understanding of the basic forces that manage our universe are decoded, I don't see any reason why any construct could not be decoded with time.... unless all living entities don't live under the same basic physical rules ?!?! (which doesn't make sense).

How about this for a new theory: ... some advanced race deliberately crashed a couple of their craft (driven by artificial lifeforms)... knowing full well that we finally cracked the atom riddle and could use some help getting to the next stage before we nuked ourselves to death ::)

Thus the current information age which has a role of normalizing the knowledge levels accross the planet. (Unfortunately stirring the wrath of Allah and fundamentalists from all over in the process).

I obviously love speculating, but if you seriously think about it... any useful technological transfer from one sentient civilization to another requires proof that the receiver has reached an important evolutionary stage. The explosion of atomic bombs was that signal, the ultimate proof that humans had complex enough brains to delve into more subtle areas. Thanks to Einstein, triggering artificial fusion may have also attracted external attention.

Ezechiel;69275 How about this for a new theory: ... [I said:
some advanced race deliberately crashed a couple of their craft (driven by artificial lifeforms)... knowing full well that we finally cracked the atom riddle and could use some help getting to the next stage before we nuked ourselves to death[/I] ::)....

that is a very intriguing thought. interference and assistance without direct interference or assistance. good point. 8)

that is a very intriguing thought. interference and assistance without direct interference or assistance. good point. 8)

Just seems natural... If I was going to help another civilization I'd been monitoring, I'd prepare the same kind of package and a controlled crash in a remote area would be an excellent idea as it sends valuable content with the following messages:

• We are not a threat
  • Our crafts are not invulnerable: You could actually destroy us
Back in the 1940's, the advancement of communication technologies was way out of wack with advanced physics... in other words we could nuke each other without really knowing who the heck or why we were nuking (remember the red phone in the presidents office... pretty lame !)

Sending in a craft filled with fiber optics and advanced processors, as per Corso's claim, may have accelerated as well as validated the research and development directions in the telecom and computing areas we earthlings :D were already in the process of building and testing.

I doubt any propulsion system was part of the package... this thing glided in and hit the side of a hill. Its short-lived occupants, the organic equivalent of our robots had the unique task of minimizing damage to the extremely light craft. (The cool memory metal was perhaps a nano-technology application)

The main message, if you take my interpretation to the word, is that communications and the exchange of ideas breaks down barriers, prevents wars and is primordial to the long term survival of sentient species throughout the universe.

As a member of a universal community where the math and physics rules are the same. If you cannot find common ground, mutual interests and interesting musical vibrations to share... what is there left ?

The best-fit speculation of the Roswell incident I can think of :D

it does make sense if you consider it from a far-out perspective. how do you divine another race's intentions towards you without putting yourself in the hangman's noose and seeing if they pull the lever?

drop something that is alien (but not 'live') into their territory and see what they do next. see if they gulp it down, or investigate it; do they share the discovery? hide it? become paranoid? build spaceships and weapons? what do they do?

perhaps the reason the unknowns have not landed on Parliament Hill in Ottawa ;) is because all the evidence they have seeded has been hidden by the authorities, and our visitors still haven't figured out why...

I listened to this last night. What a great show. The is the best one I've heard yet. I love how Dave and Gene were able to just talk with Don. I felt like I was sitting with the three of them.

listened to the Ecker show, i enjoyed it.I enjoyed the frank views on the kinda people who took me away from the topic in the past, i have now since appreciated to see them for what they are...money whores who use ego and miss information to sell to people, who want to believe the idea that they have the answers and they are the important figure in ufology...when indeed they are not.
i remember listening to the lady who was on about crop circles...i was laying on a beach on holiday and for the 1st hour i gave her the benifit of the doubt.Then she tripped herself up with talk of this Dutch man... good god's holy trousers! i nearly fell off my sun lounger!
The Para-cast indeed gives a voice to the great and the good, who spend time and effort on investigating and using valid scientific research to rely this information to all of us. Then you have people like............well you fill in the blank with whoever you want.
overall i thank Gene and David.

Back