• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Audio of Russian Exorcism

M

Mindsky

This is the case the movie "Exorcism of Emily Rose" was based on. Real girl's name is reportedly "Annaliese Michel".

Actual audio of her during an exorcism. **Many people are truly disturbed by what is heard, so I felt like giving a warning.** If things like this upset you, you might want to consider passing on it.

It doesn't get really interesting til the end. So if you listen be sure to atleast listen to the last bit. There is some interesting sounds in the middle too.

Exorcism in Russia Recording

Additional info. ** Another warning ** A few pics some might find disturbing.

Emily Rose True Story of Anneliese Michel Exorcism - Real Story

Annaliese stated she wanted to die to atone for certain people's sins. What is the thought behind God needing someone to die in order to right other people's so called wrongs? I never could understand this. Blood thirsty volcano god kinda thing? Where does forgiveness and not judging tie into this?

To my surprise, no one ever commented on this recording. Since there is more people here these days I wanted to bump the thread so it can be viewed by those who've missed it.

I'm not one to think in terms of demons etc. but find the case interesting and the audio very interesting.

before we watched the movie, my husband and i checked the recordings out. we couldn't really discern anything demonic, tho. the link to the pix you posted is a good one. she looked terrible! i'm not a huge believer in demonic posession, so i tend to think she had an illness.

Thanks for responding.

I don't see how it's humanly possible to get those sounds, out of a woman especially. You're the first I've seen that think it's more mundane (as far as the audio is concerned). Interesting. I know many think it was a mental illness. She did suffer from a mental illness and reportedly went off her meds around the time things got rather intense, if I remember correctly.

I'm not a big movie buff these days, but watch about half of the EMily Rose movie. It was ok. I need to watch the rest where it deals more with the legal case.

Anytime the church is involved they seem to take an extreme lack of interest in proving the case of possession. We just hear stories of levitation, spitting with a sniper's accuracy etc. No film of these extraordinary events. When there is film, it isn't near as impressive as the more interesting claims.

A.LeClair said:
No film of these extraordinary events. When there is film, it isn't near as impressive as the more interesting claims.

I'm like to see more film of the "amazing" events, as well. What I've seen so far, which admittedly isn't all that much, isn't all that amazing.
I didn't listen to the Russian audio again (would freak out the people at work), but I remember listening to it before. I just thought it sounded like a lot of screaming and growling. Maybe I'm missing the nuances of demonic posession!
I think the church (esp. the Catholic church) has been so criticised for exorcisms that they *do* try to downplay anything that might be seen as such. If they have real documentation, film, etc, they're prob never going share it!

Raevenskye said:
I'm like to see more film of the "amazing" events, as well. What I've seen so far, which admittedly isn't all that much, isn't all that amazing.
I didn't listen to the Russian audio again (would freak out the people at work), but I remember listening to it before. I just thought it sounded like a lot of screaming and growling. Maybe I'm missing the nuances of demonic posession!
I think the church (esp. the Catholic church) has been so criticised for exorcisms that they *do* try to downplay anything that might be seen as such. If they have real documentation, film, etc, they're prob never going share it!

There's two sets of audio out there. Both are similar. The one I linked is the most common one, so you've probably heard that. It is a lot of screaming and growling. Moaning and talking too.

I do think the real Emily Rose case is very sad, tho. Obviously, something was going on with her. People are quick to blame her parents, and cry abuse, but from what I read, it seems like Annalise made a lot of her own decisions too. Could something that started out as good old-fashioned Catholic guilt mushroom into demonic psychosis?

Raevenskye said:
I do think the real Emily Rose case is very sad, tho. Obviously, something was going on with her. People are quick to blame her parents, and cry abuse, but from what I read, it seems like Annalise made a lot of her own decisions too. Could something that started out as good old-fashioned Catholic guilt mushroom into demonic psychosis?

It's been awhile since I read the details but what's odd is how they didn't take her to the hospital. It was obvious she sick and dying.

A.LeClair, I think you're right - that recording is really messed up, very scary, and I also have a hard time believing that anyone could make that kind of sound during a live recording without a microphone and some hardware audio FX box.

Where did it come from? Any details on the back story?

Interesting. Thanks for posting it!

dB

David Biedny said:
A.LeClair, I think you're right - that recording is really messed up, very scary, and I also have a hard time believing that anyone could make that kind of sound during a live recording without a microphone and some hardware audio FX box.

Where did it come from? Any details on the back story?

Interesting. Thanks for posting it!

dB

I might see if I can find the other recording.

As for backstory on the case? Just what's on the net. Much of it is at the links I provided. There's a movie about the case but I can't recall how accurate it is.

"This recording was made by Eugene Safronov, who is an assistant to one of the exorcists in the Russian Orthodox Church. Although he did not assist in this particular case, he was a witness, and has assisted another priest in many other instances "

Here's info from Wikipedia.
Anneliese Michel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting case regardless of if you believe in demons or possession.

Here's the movie made about it's site.
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/theexorcismofemilyrose/index.html

Here's some rather lame video of *other* cases. Just thought I'd post it here. Not worth a new thread. Pales in comparison to the Anneliese Michel/Emily Rose case.
Exorcism in Russia Video

Oh, forgot to mention, the recording linked in this thread is reportedly from the 70s.

And when I said, "Links I provided" I mean Mindsky, which is me. I forgot this thread was as old as it is, when I had a different username etc. I knew it was old, but not that old heh.

A.LeClair said:
It's been awhile since I read the details but what's odd is how they didn't take her to the hospital. It was obvious she sick and dying.

I agree..they should've taken her to a hospital, but a lot of people don't believe in that. I think that's what they got into trouble for. They just wholeheartedly seemed to buy into the posession thing, that maybe they couldn't see anything else. Sad case, really.

Raevenskye said:
I agree..they should've taken her to a hospital, but a lot of people don't believe in that. I think that's what they got into trouble for. They just wholeheartedly seemed to buy into the posession thing, that maybe they couldn't see anything else. Sad case, really.

Why couldn't she be possessed in the hospital is what I wonder. What they were doing certianly wasn't working. Insane. They could at least given an IV a try. I was dehydrated when I was 6. I wasn't keeping anything down. Went to the hospital and they fixed me. Even if she was possessed, even a demon wouldn't gripe that his conduit was being sustained.

A.LeClair said:
Why couldn't she be possessed in the hospital is what I wonder. What they were doing certianly wasn't working. Insane. They could at least given an IV a try. I was dehydrated when I was 6. I wasn't keeping anything down. Went to the hospital and they fixed me. Even if she was possessed, even a demon wouldn't gripe that his conduit was being sustained.

hehe...good point! you'd think a demon would want to inhabit the host for as long as possible, or make her do something really significant other than scaring the pants off her friends and family. Of course, times were different in the 70's...now, she'd be treated for anorexia, which was a really secret disease back then (until Karen CArpenter died).

Problem...Annaliese Michel was German and this is a Russian Exorcism?

I heard this audio a while ago and I was listening to it alone, in the dark at about 2am. I didn't sleep at all that night ;)

Genuine? Who knows. Scary? Yersh!

I am not convinced by this audio that there's anything supernatural about the screaming girl. It isn't difficult to make those noises. I have done some voice acting and could make worse noises without any trickery.

Just watch this video. A bunch of priests tie up a girl and sprinkle holy water all over her and call her satan. Not surprisingly, she screams and makes an ass out of herself. That stupid girl doesn't need a priest. She needs some goddamned meds and some good parenting.

It appears to me to be nothing more remarkable than a social psychological phenomenon of role fulfillment. What I see here is a girl playing the role of possessed person and then remaining in denial about the fact that she's just pretending. It's undoubtedly more convoluted of a psychosis than what I've explained here, but I believe (of course, I cannot prove it) that some kind of pathology could easily account for what we have in both the audio and the above video.

As for the broken chain, well, those chains are pretty easily broken. Just ask anyone who has ever had a bicycle stolen. If you jerk around long enough and pull repeatedly, those "steel" chains can bend. Also, the chains were really thin. If we had only the priest's word to go on without the footage, the chains would probably be reported as industrial grade steel at least half of an inch thick.

Has anyone read "The Excorcist" by Blatley? Has anyone seen the movie? These documents portray the phenomenon of possession as an obviously supernatural event, since levitation and speaking foreign languages that the subject has never studied are reported. However, there doesn't appear to be any real evidence (at least, none that I've encountered) to support these reports, just a bunch of religious fanatics wanting to believe it's all real.

Yes, I realize that I'm probably following closely Mr. Friedman's debunking rules here. Forgive me. Perhaps someone who has researched the subject more can comment on the audio and video? All I hear is a bunch of stupid noises that can be duplicated by contorting the throat muscles.

If the Catholics have real evidence of possession, such as video footage of levitation or super human strength, surely they would release it to the public. Such an act may just convince a significant percentage of the population that they ought to be Catholics. This says to me that such evidence doesn't exist. All we have are imaginary activities (levitation, super human strength) and imaginary causes (sin, satan, evil) reported by unreliable persons (priests, churches, etc).

I can't help tossing "walk-ins" into the same mix of wanna-be supernatural phenomena. Weird as it is, it's sometimes easier for people to blame "spirits" for incomprehensible behavior when the mind can be subjugated by internal forces. No one wants the blame for causing, or harboring, illness when that is the problem. Nah, blame the spirits.

Sad thing too. It generally does nothing for the afflicted.

Raevenskye said:
A.LeClair said:

I thought that they did try medical treatment on her and it didnt help her condition at all.

Back