• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

audio interview from Whitley Strieber (abduction story)

mikec

Skilled Investigator
A recommended audio interview on Whitley Strieber's DREAMLAND show

Link:
Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country
(blurb from the website)

A Scientist's Close Encounter

One of the world's leading members of the scientific community tells of his close encounters and the involvement of the visitors in his work. Due to the profound confusion that exists in the culture of science about the close encounter phenomenon, he must speak anonymously.

Whitley Strieber says, "this is the most extraordinary Dreamland I have ever presented. I know this man well and am familiar with his work and his stature in the scientific community. It is pitiful that our scientific establishment has the close encounter phenomenon so wrong, because a more rational approach would lead to more contact of the type he describes, with a subsequent leap ahead in human knowledge. As matters stand, even given his stature, this man must conceal the reality of his contacts and their effect on his work, or risk career damage."

"All we can do is listen in awe to what happened to him, and hope that others in a similar situation come forward as well, and that the state of denial our culture is in now gives way to the kind of openness we need to gain access to the knowledge that is on offer."

Well, don't ask me why, but I listened to it. I was listening to Ray Stanford drone on and on and on to the point where I couldn't hear his words. It was just a hum, so I said, what the hey. Why not?

So here's the deal. There's this scientist who is very famous, so we can't know his name. Twenty years ago he had a couple of weird dreams where he was shown some scenes--nothing special, just scenes of mountains. But maybe he was awake. Then later he saw some translucent beings in his apartment who stared at him, but he got so bored he went back to sleep.

OK, then he was driving with his massage therapist girlfriend to the midwest where he was chased by some sort of craft in Wyoming very close the Devil's Tower. He may or may not have had missing time. He didn't say, but it was kind of implied. Then later he did a really cool experiment that changed the world. We don't know what it was about but it had something to do with transportation. But he finished the successful experiment at exactly the same time he saw the beings in Wyoming. So he thinks 'they' seeded the experiment with him.

He doesn't know what they are but suggests they are inter dimensional or time travelers whose job is to help human civilization. Whitley thinks this is the most profound interview he has ever done. (If the word 'profound' is used, you know Strieber must be nearby.)

Then we're treated to LMH telling us how bad the swine flu is and that some people have died.

So, bottom line is that somehow the world has been transformed (Perhaps you forgot to look.) in part by this anonymous scientist's successful experiment which he thinks was influenced by strange beings.

O............K!

Well, don't ask me why, but I listened to it. I was listening to Ray Stanford drone on and on and on to the point where I couldn't hear his words. It was just a hum, so I said, what the hey. Why not?

So here's the deal. There's this scientist who is very famous, so we can't know his name. Twenty years ago he had a couple of weird dreams where he was shown some scenes--nothing special, just scenes of mountains. But maybe he was awake. Then later he saw some translucent beings in his apartment who stared at him, but he got so bored he went back to sleep.

OK, then he was driving with his massage therapist girlfriend to the midwest where he was chased by some sort of craft in Wyoming very close the Devil's Tower. He may or may not have had missing time. He didn't say, but it was kind of implied. Then later he did a really cool experiment that changed the world. We don't know what it was about but it had something to do with transportation. But he finished the successful experiment at exactly the same time he saw the beings in Wyoming. So he thinks 'they' seeded the experiment with him.

He doesn't know what they are but suggests they are inter dimensional or time travelers whose job is to help human civilization. Whitley thinks this is the most profound interview he has ever done. (If the word 'profound' is used, you know Strieber must be nearby.)

Then we're treated to LMH telling us how bad the swine flu is and that some people have died.

So, bottom line is that somehow the world has been transformed (Perhaps you forgot to look.) in part by this anonymous scientist's successful experiment which he thinks was influenced by strange beings.

O............K!
Was it the guy that invented the Segway Human Transporter? :D

Was it the guy that invented the Segway Human Transporter? :D

Nice try! I don't think so. The scientist is heavily into mathematics and lived, at least for a time, on the West Coast. The Segway guy is a lifelong resident of New Hampshire and dropped out of college. Of course, they could have been disguising his identity, but from the descriptions given I suspect this is not the same guy. I couldn't find anything personal about the Segway guy. If he ever had a massage therapist irlfriend that would certainly nail it.

Maybe I'm naive, but I really thought it was interesting.

When someone tells a really interesting missing time story, my ears perk up. There were a lot of elements that I found interesting. The girlfriends irrational compulsion to drive down that road.

The scientist, whoever he may be, has chosen to hide his identity. I understand why. Yes, i know - we are required to believe his account is truthful (his UFO experience, and his role as an important scientist).

I think these stories, even with their unfinished and inconclusive nature, need to be aired. Everything about this phenomenon is unfinished and inconclusive. And this story fits that pattern.

And yes - mid-summer Whitley Strieber interviewed another UFO abductee who chose to hide his identity. Also a scientist doing research. This person had an anomalous item surgically removed from his toe. I've met that person, and his story is highly bizarre. I liked him enormously when we met, he seemed nervous and confused in a way that (to me) points to his credibility.

No problem, Mike. I would expect you to like this story. It's right up your alley. Fair? I mean no disrespect.

My problem with stories like this is that we are asked to believe them with the good parts taken out. I know, I know, it will 'hurt his reputation.' But it's more than that. Not only are we not allowed to know his name, we aren't allowed to know this 'great invention that changed the world.' That puts it over the top for me. I don't know of any 'great inventions' in transportation that have changed the world recently. It's a non-story. We can't corroborate a single thing about it. Nada. Zip. Zero. Yet Strieber labels it 'profound.' Everything is 'profound' with Strieber. Everything strange 'challenges his belief structure to the inner core.' That's kind of the way he talks. Frankly, I think he is easily amused. Perhaps life is easier that way!

I don't know how to judge a person's credibility. here is Balloon Boy's mother. Mayumi Heene, in her 911 call about Falcon Heene riding up on a balloon. Sounds real enough. How could a mother lie about her own six year old? You're a callous cruel person if you aren't moved to tears about this mother's horrible plight and fear for her baby.

My problem with stories like this is that we are asked to believe them with the good parts taken out.

I have pondered this assumption. Are -we- really being asked to believe them? Are all instances of someone sharing a story such as this an effort to -prove- something? Is it possible that such accounts may include information targeted towards those with similar experience?

I have often read stories that seem completely off the wall, totally bizarre and then come across a two sentence description of a detail, innocuous on it's face, that I've read ten time before, -knowing- that the person telling the story couldn't have realized the fact that ten other people describe the same thing.

Are these somehow potential triggers?

I then have to seriously ask, "for whose benefit is the story being told"?

I know, I know, it will 'hurt his reputation.' But it's more than that. Not only are we not allowed to know his name, we aren't allowed to know this 'great invention that changed the world.'

It may not be so much about "reputation" so much as it is about the ability to continue to earn a living. Is this the same thing? Not always.

I don't know how to judge a person's credibility. here is Balloon Boy's mother. Mayumi Heene, in her 911 call about Falcon Heene riding up on a balloon. Sounds real enough. How could a mother lie about her own six year old? You're a callous cruel person if you aren't moved to tears about this mother's horrible plight and fear for her baby.

In this particular case, I think it a mistake to assume that Falcon understood the question when he answered "we did it for the show". Did what specifically? Make the stupid UFO balloon? Hide him in the attic.? I certainly can see how a series of unfortunate events and media glare could cause such confusion in the mind of a child.

IMO, there's been a rush to judgment in this case wrt to the extend of the stunt. Regardless, I would rather see help offered to this family re: counseling rather than prosecution.

Just sayin...

Thanks Mike.

I have pondered this assumption. Are -we- really being asked to believe them? Are all instances of someone sharing a story such as this an effort to -prove- something? Is it possible that such accounts may include information targeted towards those with similar experience?

Maybe. It's out there for public consumption tied to a solicitation for dollars, therefore it is available for public analysis. If there's some deep and secret issue here, it's too deep for me. I don't know how you would tell. Perhaps all the abductees in the world will resonate with the story and nod in solemn agreement that profound truths are being acknowledged here and that their experiences are validated thereby.

I still say that if you take out anything and everything that could lend credence to the story, then you are left with nothing.

It may not be so much about "reputation" so much as it is about the ability to continue to earn a living. Is this the same thing? Not always.
A very small point. Did I use the 'wrong' word again? Sorry. I had thought that by using the word 'reputation' the 'making a living' part was implicit. Split hairs if you want.

In this particular case, I think it a mistake to assume that Falcon understood the question when he answered "we did it for the show". Did what specifically? Make the stupid UFO balloon? Hide him in the attic.? I certainly can see how a series of unfortunate events and media glare could cause such confusion in the mind of a child.
Wait a sec. I didn't even mention Falcon, though I do think he gave the thing away. There's even a video of this thing taking off with the family gathered around it, including Mayumi, when Heene gets angry that it wasn't tethered. If you can look at that video and tell me with a straight face that it is possible a six year old boy was inside it, I will think you lost all sense (Not saying you would.)

My point in presenting the 911 call was specifically to show how someone can put on an act and sound credible when the thing is entirely fabricated, as the overwhelming evidence in this case shows. See: Wikimedia Error The testimony of Robert Thomas has been particularly damaging. Exclusive: I Helped Richard Heene Plan a Balloon Hoax - Boy in the balloon - Gawker I was reluctant to call the case a hoax as well, and I was especially reluctant to believe Mayumi Heene was anything but an abused housewife, but as the tape shows, she was into this as much as Heene himself was. It's time for people to cut their losses and run on this one. It remains only for the most credulous.

Maybe. It's out there for public consumption tied to a solicitation for dollars, therefore it is available for public analysis. If there's some deep and secret issue here, it's too deep for me. I don't know how you would tell. Perhaps all the abductees in the world will resonate with the story and nod in solemn agreement that profound truths are being acknowledged here and that their experiences are validated thereby.

I still say that if you take out anything and everything that could lend credence to the story, then you are left with nothing.

Honestly friend, I didn't even listen to the story, so I really don't know. What I am saying is that it's possible that this thing plays itself out on multiple levels, the human and the "other". The human looks for "truth", the other, who can really say what motivates them? My point is that if we only look at stories such as these through the human lens, seeking "truth" as we understand it and fail to consider, even for a moment, what motivates the "other", we may miss something important. That's all.

A very small point. Did I use the 'wrong' word again? Sorry. I had thought that by using the word 'reputation' the 'making a living' part was implicit. Split hairs if you want.

Let me elaborate for a moment. Let's take Whitley for example. His "reputation" is deeply tarnished as to his motivation, experiences (anal probe jokes anyone?) etc, and yet, his books are very popular and he continues to make a living as a writer. Now lets take for example, a private school teacher. If one were to admit publicly an experience with the Abduction phenomena, not only would their reputation suffer but it is extremely doubtful they would be hired by any school in the country. For the school teacher, a bit more than hairsplitting here. Is this the case for the mysterious scientist? Only he/she knows.

As for the Balloon Boy hoax, it seems the mother has admitted as much... :eggface:.

I would still rather see counseling instead of the wholesale destruction of this family for a pound of flesh. It's the kids that will pay the deepest price here. Ironic that the thing Heene sought most, he now has. Not quite the way he hoped for though. Another familial train wreck for all to get off on...moving on as you suggested.

Lastly, re: Heene's Reptilian NWO BS - see "Alex Collier" and cohorts.

Honestly friend, I didn't even listen to the story, so I really don't know.

Ah, well, then, I'll be looking forward to your take on Dolan's new book--even if you haven't read it.

I would still rather see counseling instead of the wholesale destruction of this family for a pound of flesh. It's the kids that will pay the deepest price here. Ironic that the thing Heene sought most, he now has. Not quite the way he hoped for though. Another familial train wreck for all to get off on...moving on as you suggested.

We agree. I don't think throwing anybody in jail would do any good, but these two (and it was both of them regardless of who is dominant) caused about $1 million in public funds to be spent on their behalf. Since Heene is now so famous, maybe he can write a book about it and let the proceeds repay his debt. I surely don't want to see "Child Protective Services" get in there and destroy the family. They brought it on themselves, but the kids suffer.

Sounds like kind of a fun life for the kids--until now.

Ah, well, then, I'll be looking forward to your take on Dolan's new book--even if you haven't read it.

My point was slightly deeper Schuyler but admittedly not well written. I think maybe it's because I have a deep sympathy for guys like MikeC. He simply posted something he found of interest and wished to share for reasons other than proof or disproof of the story. It rang well enough for -him- to make the effort. All you did was see it as a softball to hit out of the park. What this does, in the long run, is stifle MikeC's (or guys like him) desire to share what interest him with this Forum. And that my friend, is a loss for all concerned.

That all depends on the pitch being thrown....and by whom.

I find it difficult to get this point across (obviously), but I've just seen it too many times and my response was really a kneejerk reaction to seeing someone experienced(?) attempt to share insights and interest with other's on Forums such as these, only to be shot down yet again by the supposed critical thinker for purposes other than exploring what makes this thing tick.

Moving on...

It obvious Whitley had experiences at the start or the worst case scenario he lied and he never has any, his information came from other sources real cases which happened to people and he took that information and used that research to write Communion. Frightening if true... I personally think some of what he has said is true... just from what i know.. but he has really gone of the deep end lately and it all there for everyone to see.

I'll admit I'm am not Whitley's biggest fan. That said, this interview was really compelling. It would be great if this guy reached out to others ( like The Paracast ).

Amazing story. The scientist sounds pretty genuine to me.

Yes - it was a very interesting interview.

The stuff about driving thru rural Wyoming at night was creepy stuff.

Alas - we are left wondering. Who was this scientist? What was his big breakthrough? How much importance should we attach to his insinuations?

He implies that the UFO event was directly attached to the scientific breakthrough. If so - Wow!

I have to wonder if there aren't LOTS of important scientific jumps that have something paranormal as its trigger.

Didn't Watson (or Crick) come up with the double helix concept while on acid???

Back