• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Attention PC Users: Time to Get Over It!

Any computer can rash, and that your Mac has crashed twice in two months doesn't explain very much. The circumstances are important, and it may be caused by a third-party app and not the OS, or a peripheral or hard drive issue.

It is the interface Gene.. I am just poking fun as always.
The Dante card can have a bit of a brain fart and it makes the Mac Freeze up as well, In reality it is the Sound desks fault not the Mac.,,, but knew you would bite :p
As I have always said I like both platforms and use them both day to day... Just tools in my tool box.

I own both Apple and Windows devices. Each have their uses. What I object to is the Apple mentality. If Apple decided to take dog turds and stamp them with a half eaten apple, I guarantee you there would be a line outside the Apple stores waiting to buy one.
You bet !

And then there's the problem with the legal warranty.Here in the E.U. it is 2 years.Many customers had difficulties when the device was older then 6 months.

No , several customers associations had to threaten with going to court. I suppose this is typical for such giant corporations.Look at the problems Google and Microsoft have with the European Commission.

I am under no illusion that Apple, despite all the pretensions of being environmentally aware, in support of overseas worker's rights, and so on and so forth, isn't as ruthless as they have to be to make tons of money. So if the EU goes after them, so be it.

Apple makes some of the most high quality consumer electronics and seems to actually care about what they put out there. The whole Apple sheeple thing is played out and anyone who uses that argument has an unfounded bias.

Apple makes some of the most high quality consumer electronics and seems to actually care about what they put out there. The whole Apple sheeple thing is played out and anyone who uses that argument has an unfounded bias.
Is that why no one from Apple was allowed to be interviewed by the BBC for their documentary last year ?
Was this even aired on some major network in the States ?

Is that why no one from Apple was allowed to be interviewed by the BBC for their documentary last year ?
Was this even aired on some major network in the States ?

Can you elaborate? You're the guy who only uses German made PCs right? - I remember having a conversation about that with you at one point on this forum and how you refuse to use anything made in China even though all the parts in the PC you're using right now were made in the same factories as those used in Apple products...

Apple Mac Pro | The Paracast Community Forums

You have a strange hate for all things Apple...

And the new Mac Pro is assembled in Austin, TX.

You even mentioned that in the other thread.

The thing is, these jobs in these factories are awful by western standards, but of all the big tech companies, Apple does a pretty good job of making sure the employees are well treated and they have no problem cutting off a supplier if they find them mistreating people.

Can you elaborate? You're the guy who only uses German made PCs right? - I remember having a conversation about that with you at one point on this forum and how you refuse to use anything made in China even though all the parts in the PC you're using right now were made in the same factories as those used in Apple products...

Apple Mac Pro | The Paracast Community Forums

You have a strange hate for all things Apple...
No,why should i hate Apple products ?
They make excellent stuff.I had an ipad air and the latest iPhone , very nice machines.
What i find reprehensible is how little they care about the people who make their expensive products or the damage done in the environment. Meanwhile they brag about how they care for a better world.
Think about it , the biggest company in the world making billions every few months , have products made in a communist dictatorship in appalling working conditions. Workers are even being denied to commit suicide.
Children digging with their bare hands for tin ore.
But when a journalist wants to ask some questions about this nobody is available.
Inside Apple Factory and Indonesia's Tin Mud Pits - BBC Panorama - Business Insider

230588_10151177169884443_639620496_n.jpg

^ An HP is in the same boat. If you want a good PC you can build one yourself for fractions of a Mac with premium components. If you don't want to build one; I'd recommend a Digitalstorm PC, Origin PC, Falcon-nw or even a iBuypower PC.

The Best Custom Built Computers for Gaming and Business | Falcon Northwest
ORIGIN PC | Custom Computers | Gaming Desktops and Laptops
Digital Storm: Custom Gaming Computers & Gaming PCs
Custom Gaming Computers and Laptops: iBUYPOWER® Gaming PC

I would also add Maingear to that list as well

Maingear Computers | High Performance Gaming Computers

Back