• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Alejandro Rojas — The 2016 International UFO Congress

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The 2016 IUFOC will feature such luminaries as Jacques Vallee, Nick Redfern, Nick Pope, Douglas Trumball, and Chris Rutkowski. That's a lot of firepower for one UFO event. All right there are some controversial guests too.

So we've invited Open Minds' Alejandro Rojas to discuss the forthcoming IUFOC, running UFO conferences in general, and the state of the art in UFO research and other topics of the day, the hour, or whatever.

He'll also talk about the situation at MUFON and what he might do were he to become director of that organization — a highly unlikely prospect mind you.

Alejandro is Director of Operations for Open Minds Production, the host for Open Minds UFO Radio, editor and contributing writer for OpenMinds.tv, and emcee for the International UFO Congress. He is also a blogger for the Huffington Post.

Alejandro,

How do you see the future of UFO conferences as far as the speakers go? Do you feel the trend will be to eventually weed out/ban dubious speakers? Or do you see conferences continuing to give these folks a platform? This is probably a slippery slope for some conferences because I know first and foremost, they want to get butts in chairs.

Thank you.

Aw, nuts. Wish I could go, but I'm a bit short of funds. I'd LOVE to hear Dr. Vallee speak.

Incidentally, any of y'all going to McMinnville OR for UFOFest in May? I'll be helping to man the MUFON table.

1.What scientific studies of academic research into the study of UFOs have been completed in 2015? Alexjandro, what are the best cases of UFO sightings and encounters from eyewitness from the 1940s until present day would you pick ?

2. Furthermore, with the coming New X Files TV Show about to be shown on TV what does Alexjandro think of the current release of some of the" real " X Files on the CIA historical Section files online this week?

Last edited:
Alejandro,
  • As I recall, your interest in UFOs began with a sighting. What was your sighting?
  • What are your thoughts on the Aguadilla, Puerto Rico infrared video?
  • What is your take on International Chess Federation President Kirsan Ilumzhinov (one of the individuals in your Strange Alien Encounters)?

Q. I know you do not go around bad-mouthing people in the UFO field but can you make a small exception for Michael Horn and give some of our listeners a little insight into the way he operates? I understand fully if you'd rather not go there.

Q. This is not a Romanek-bashing question at all - I've no wish to judge him on anything other than paranormal/ufo claims. Can you please explain in what circumstance you were in Stan's company when something weird or unexplained happened? I do not dismiss Stan 100% because numerous other people have spoke of shared experiences with him.

Agreed, and I think most Paracast listeners would agree that the good names there far outweigh any negative connotations brought by the rest. If I was Stateside I'd want to go for sure.

Question: Alejandro, have you seen the re-traction video Stan & Lisa Romanek made explaning the circumstances he was under where he had to discredit himself? (YouTube: The Peter Maxwell Slattery Show Episode 110.) If so, what is your opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1) Where do you see ufology headed in 2016 in the political, social, and scientific contexts?

2) What are your goals for enhancing the broader spectrum for ufology in 2016?

Back