• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Art Bell Just Quit......Again

Steve-C.

Paranormal Maven
He just announced on his facebook page that he quit again due to someone stalking him.....very sad. this is his post:

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

not for nothing but how hard is it to work out of your house for three hours monday thru friday? I'd love that job compared to any other.

Well I work at my home, but the cashflow isn't near as good as Bell's. And I think we do a better show. At least we don't put people on, and we try to keep it credible even when the guest is something else.

The trains always run on time in Paracastville and have for many years. In broadcasting, dependability is nine tenths of the game, or something like that. I'll try to forget Art's failures and just remember the good times when he was at the top of his game. From Malachi Martin to Mel's Hole to Red Elk, there were Art Bell shows that will live forever and deservedly so. As Art fades to black I'm melancholy. Nothing, though, lasts forever. Except maybe Gene. :p This I know: There will be a new Paracast each and every week, rain or shine. It will be a quality production with an interesting guest. That's why I keep coming back.

How am I the first to post feeling bad for his wife and daughter. A sexist would say: ugh, Men..
:rolleyes:
He gave his fans a lot of joy. I wasn't a big fan but he could be funny. Definitely better than the other guy.
PS Yes I already considered that it could be a conspiracy;)

All of a sudden someone starts taking pot shots at a washed up radio host. Sorry, I'm not buying. I do feel sorry for anyone who put up money to have Bell cancel out once more.

Last edited:
So what is the truth. Some one said there is no police report. In our area

all 911 calls are on line. I don't know how far back you can go. I don't know if all

police reports are open to the public

Last edited:
Art Bell had his day but that has come and gone. How many times has Bell returned over the past dozen years only to quit on short notice. My family has an old saying... either s..t or get off the pot. Art Bell can't decide which to do.

Well I work at my home, but the cashflow isn't near as good as Bell's. And I think we do a better show. At least we don't put people on, and we try to keep it credible even when the guest is something else.

With all due respect Gene, if Art Bell had never existed there's a good chance the Paracast (and many other current paranormal shows and podcasts) wouldn't exist. And as much as I think the Paracast has been a good show over the years, it pales against the totality of Bell's contribution to the paranormal field. Bell did 5 shows a week, had no co-host and he tackled a lot more paranormal subjects than just UFOs.

I've noticed you take a lot of what I would call cheap shots at Bell over the years. Maybe you need reminding of these simple facts. A little humility goes a long way.

With all due respect, the format was created by Long John Nebel. And, no, I haven't taken pot shots at Bell over the years. I hardly mention him. Well except when he borrowed the name of Don Ecker's show and kept retiring.

Back