• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Art Bell Just Quit......Again

the truth comes out...
Midnight in the Desert
I will run Midnight in the Desert w/Heather Wade on the Dark Matter Digital Network for the next 30 days minimum. She will start in Art’s same time slot for Monday and Tuesday…

However, seeing as I’m obligated to continue feeding the terrestrial affiliate stations for the next 30 days, I’ll need to feed either Heather’s live show or replays of Art Bell’s archives, (which ever they determine the best for them yet to be decided). If I need to feed the Art Bell replays to them at 9-12, Art’s time slot, I will have Heather do MITD from 6-9 pm PT LIVE to insure she gets to do shows for you also. If the radio stations are fine with Heather filling in for Art, we’ll keep her at 9-12 PT.

Her shows will be added to the same Time Travelers archive as Art’s shows, so your current subscription will have Art’s old shows and these new ones. It’s up to you to continue to support the show with Heather by keeping your existing subscription or signing up again for the Time Travelers subscription, now at $4.99. After 30 days, we all will evaluate the financial situation of whether we can continue. I hope the subscriber base will maintain the show. We will do our part in reducing the costs.

Other Side of Midnight
As for Richard C Hoagland’s OSOM program, again, it’s all about finances. RCH and I need to re-evaluate our financial model and hope to come to some resolution to continue running his show on DMDN. Stay tuned for updates on this matter. He could be back on Monday night! You can still show your support by Joining Club 19.5.

Dark Matter Digital Network
It was always my intention to bring good paranormal programs to the network and as Art Bell would draw people to the station, these shows would gain audience and attract advertisers. While Art Bell was bringing the audience, some shows received some increase in numbers and I continued to run those shows hoping for better performance.

As hard as I tried, with over two years in building the network, none of the other programs I carried were able to earn any advertising dollars to support the cost of playing the shows, let alone justify my time in producing the shows live. I had to be present in the studio during all live shows in order to connect and bring them on, monitor the sound, play the breaks, record the show and edit the replay audio files. This time took away from my day and had no financial benefit. But I did it because Art’s show was subsidizing the cost. With the leaving of Art Bell, it doesn’t seem financially viable to continue spending hours a day doing this. So I regret to not being able to produce LIVE versions of these programs after this week.

I will however for the time being, continue to play on the station stream any and all pre-recorded shows that I currently have and any of the current LIVE shows who wish to produce their own pre-recorded audio files to me for playback, on DMDN each week. But I need to have those 4 hours a day back.

The station will also revert back to a cheaper streaming solution and may be dark for some periods of time to save costs.

Finally
It is sad that incidents have taken our Art Bell away from us again…. The challenge of bringing Art back was intense and satisfying. But the Dark Matter Digital Network was created and maintained for his return. Now that he is gone… the situation will be fluid and could quickly change. But I’m willing to give this a shot, if you are. I will update this post as I have more information.

— Keith Rowland

its all about money.. his network was failing his show was supporting it...but collapse was inevable...so it is my OPINION that the reason Bell left is because he could not save his network...and so it ends...

the police speak out on the "stalker"

PRESS RELEASE:

On 12/09/2015 at approximately 2006 NCSO Dispatch received a 911 call from the wife of Art Bell reporting that he was out walking on the property and he had called her from his cell phone to tell her someone had shot at him and then he stopped responding.

NCSO Deputies responded and checked the area. Art Bell was located laying on the ground of his property with no injuries. He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a... firework or gunshot.

Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots. Deputies maintained extra patrol in the area over the remainder of the week however nothing was discovered. At this point the investigation is closed unless further information is discovered

I'll continue to miss Art, although his latest time slot was difficult for me to catch live. I still have batteries in my am radio in case he haunts the airwaves, and a few CDs I burned of old broadcasts for long dark road trips in case he does not.

I have listened to Art Bell since the mid 1990's. I have witnessed him building up a broadcast empire, only to abruptly quit. He has done this over and over and over and over. There is always some melodramatic reason to justify it. But I ceased believing him when he used to cut short a particular program, complaining of an agonizing back pain. Then, he would spend the rest of the night (while the network switched to a repeat episode) chatting with ham radio operators in the same chair. So he could not continue to do his show for Clear Channel, but he could then yack into the wee hours with ham radio buddies. This is like some dude who claims severe back injuries and wants disability, but goes bowling every night! Yes, people do have melo-drama in their lives, ESPECIALLY ART BELL. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder against the universe, and the universe calls him on it. Now there is a mysterious stalker shooting at him so he abruptly dumps the show that Keith Rowland put 2 years into creating via a new Dark Matters network. Art Bell was the flagship to support all the unknown paranormal programs on that fledgling network. Without the flag ship, what will attract listeners? It is like a mall. If the anchor store leaves, e.g., SEARS, then the mall suffers greatly. Now, in the case of a mall, the owner would try to attract another big name store to occupy the space. Keith Rowland could attempt this strategy to save the network. But instead, Art Bell insisted that his young nubile producer Heather be his replacement, a lovely lady who has no broadcast experience. So to carry forward the mall analogy, the owner has decided to replace SEARS with Joe's Second Hand Books and 8 Tracks store. Keith admits that with Bell suddenly quiting, the network may collapse once all contractual agreements have been met. While Art did revolutionize PARANORMAL late talk night radio, he erratic personal habits, and his constantly repeated "walk outs" from his own show (often in a state of temper tantrum, as it was with SIRIUS XM) makes him a very risky investment. Keith Rowland knew Art's history and took a chance on him. He got screwed. If there was no stalker, trust me, Art would have found another excuse to abruptly quit. Because this is what he does, folks. He likes to create shows (even broadcast empires) and then he gets bored and walks out. There are still adoring fans who will cling to the hope that he returns. My life is too short. I am fed up with Art's DIVA mindset. In the 90's, Art ruled the late night radio world. He owned the only road to such information. But now that road is a 10 lane freeway going each direction. The internet is FULL of paranormal networks and individual podcasts. C2C is stronger than it ever was (George Noory seems to have the mental capabilities that the average American now likes). Art has no leverage except primarily with "nostalgia" fans like myself. He used all his old bumper music, trying to relive the glorious 90's. However, his guest list was B-level at best. He had 3 shows honoring David Jacobs. None of the shows built on each other. Each was merely an infocommercial to promote David's paranoia as fact. I have turned in my Art Bell Fan Club Card and will not return when/if Art decides to repeat his pattern once again.

Last edited:
the police speak out on the "stalker"

PRESS RELEASE:

On 12/09/2015 at approximately 2006 NCSO Dispatch received a 911 call from the wife of Art Bell reporting that he was out walking on the property and he had called her from his cell phone to tell her someone had shot at him and then he stopped responding.

NCSO Deputies responded and checked the area. Art Bell was located laying on the ground of his property with no injuries. He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a... firework or gunshot.

Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots. Deputies maintained extra patrol in the area over the remainder of the week however nothing was discovered. At this point the investigation is closed unless further information is discovered
I would be more impressed if Art had done a scan and download. All he did is type this into his PC. Anyone could do that. I want to see true police reports on the paper they were taken on or from the computer system.

Gene you are being nice bell STOLE dons show name!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
Knowing Art's insular world (politically he is a neanderthal and was pushing Trump on his new broadcasts until Trump decided to ban all Muslims) he probably never heard of Don's show Dark Matter. Nonetheless, Art's version of the show lasted only a short time since he had a temper tantrum and walked out. SIRIUS XM is a subscription only network. Art demanded that SIRUIS XM just stream his show for free, something that goes against their business plan and the way the network brings in revenue. I started to wonder about Art's mind at that time. He signs on with a subscription only network and then demands that they give away his show for free? Come on, man. Get over yourself.

I get what you are saying, and I'd be the last one to hire Art for a job.

I'm more a nostalgic softie about the show rather than a devoted fan of the host or the guests. Like a favorite song or the scent of a long-ago lover, the old show was there for great times in younger years and triggers a lot of good memories.

press relese about art bell from the cops...

PRESS RELEASE

In response to requests we are releasing a subsequent Press Release about calls for service surrounding Art Bell and his residence.

On 10/21/2015 at approximately 2258 hrs a neighbor down the street from the residence of Art Bell reporting hearing several shots and a vehicle driving away however did not see anything in the area. The person reporting stated that when they went to the area they found a fresh beer. NCSO Deputies responded to the area and were una...ble to locate anything regarding this event.
On 10/22/2015 at approximately 0144 hrs Art Bell called because he was on the air and the neighbor advised him about the shots being fired. Art Bell stated he did not see or hear anything and was simply advised by the neighbor.

On 11/19/2015 at approximately 1840 hrs Art Bell’s producer called the Nye County Sheriff’s Office to report that Art had received a call from a blocked number saying that if he went on the air that night he and his family would be dead. That night the producer said that Art Bell did not want contact that evening and that calls should go to the producer. NCSO Deputies spoke with Art Bell and he said that he had received the threatening phone call and did not want to report it but simply wanted it documented.

On 11/24/2015 at approximately 1525 hrs Art Bell contacted the Nye County Sheriff’s Office to report that a male was on his property the night prior and was kneeling down by his window. Art Bell requested extra patrol during the night time hours.
Nye County Sheriff’s Office Deputies have done extra patrol in the area and have not been able to locate anyone in the area.

Now he has also quit social media, just shortly after offering a $20k reward to whoever could provide info leading to the capture AND conviction of whoever shot at him.

12392060_1500229346947773_2541157918805285020_n.jpg

Well gene ..I beleve the whole thing is made up for him to quit..at no time have the cops seen anyone or anything to say other wise. .no shell casing found. No one seen..art has said in the past he has guns. His home hasa security system. No gene there is no stalker..

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

As others have pointed out, with $20k you could hire a real investigator who would stand a good chance of figuring this out. Love me some Art Bell but it's clear he is just rationalizing his decision to leave with some bullshit excuses. His reasoning was that doing the show requires him to leave his main house to go to his adjacent studio, exposing him to the danger of a shooter. I mean, are we to believe the only time he leaves his house is when he goes from the main house to his adjacent studio? Or that anyone crazy enough to shoot at him wouldn't hang around waiting for him to leave at some other time than when he does his show? And, when dealing with a crazy person attacking you, how do you know that staying off the air will make you any safer than staying on? It really makes no sense. So the only explanation is that he wanted off for independent reasons and this was either the straw that broke the camel's back or 'the perfect excuse.' I now doubt his account of why he left Sirius as well. He clearly left a lot of people in the lurch, including his business partner who is contractually obligated to supply content to radio stations for the rest of the month.

I don't know him personally. I think I've exchanged one Facebook message with him. Obviously we cannot know what went on behind the scenes, but it does seem curious that he cannot devise a way to hang onto a gig without something weird getting in the way.

It is strange, and my BS meter is going off just like it did when his first wife died. I make no accusation but it is a strange arrangement of events.

I'm not bound to binary thinking, so I can both love the old C2C and keep a grey box open for Art and his recent struggles.

I can hope things work out for him, fondly, without buying into this latest drama.

It is strange, and my BS meter is going off just like it did when his first wife died. I make no accusation but it is a strange arrangement of events.

I'm not bound to binary thinking, so I can both love the old C2C and keep a grey box open for Art and his recent struggles.

I can hope things work out for him, fondly, without buying into this latest drama.
I too was suspicious of his first wife's death. But who knows?

Back