• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are Ufologists being murdered ?

Here is a link to Part 1 of a very interesting deconstruction of the whole Maury Island fiasco, er... episode. This is a very interesting site that I have been following for a couple of years. It is not for anyone with a short attention span. This link is to the first of ten parts. Navigation of the site can be quirky, so you'll have to go to Past Weeks in order to find the other nine parts unless I'm missing something which would not shock me. Overall it is an excellent site, and it's worth learning your way around in there. I had been wondering about all the weird stuff reported taking place during Arnold's investigation of the reported sighting, and it turns out that Gene has it nailed.

Saturday Night Uforia: The Positively True Story of Kenneth Arnold - Part One

There was also a bit of talk about how much of Arnold's book was Arnold and how much Palmer on the old UFO Updates list, and as I recall Jerry Clark (who interviewed Arnold back in the day and actually got to know him) said he had no trouble believing that Arnold never even bothered to read the finished book. Interesting stuff.

Saturday Night Uforia has a lot of good stuff. There is a more recent investigation of Frank Scully's book, Behind the Flying Saucers. Given the webmaster's habit of leaving no stone unscrubbed, there is a lot of information about Silas Newton, "Dr. Gee" and pretty much anything connected to the yarn that started the Aztec story. That series is not finished yet. Looks like the last part is number ten, and I'm looking forward to reading the grand finale. Here is part one:

Saturday Night Uforia: Anatomy of a Hoax -- Part One

A lot of people will probably find it tedious reading through such a thorough treatment of whatever the author (few clues as to who that is) decides to take on, but if you have the endurance it is a rich vein of high grade ore that usually gets what I call the Brain Fart Treatment. That's three paragraphs or so on a blog somewhere by someone who is quick at copying and pasting. Most of the blogosphere, in other words. Some people have written the site off as being a thinly disguised debunking effort. That, in my opinion, is unfair. The author is genuinely fascinated with many of the stories and takes an open minded approach.

Ah, Nick "Theory of the Week" Redfern. Definitely entertaining. :)

Today I jokingly wrote in an email to a friend that they, ( you know them ), had either sabotaged the car I was driving in order to silence me about UFOs, or that it had become possessed and tried to kill me. Yup it was just like a bad movie! It really happened.

I had dropped off a lady friend at the airport and was driving her car back to her place. While accelerating down an on ramp to merge into traffic, the accelerator stuck full throttle to the floor causing me to zoom out unexpectedly. I swerved into the center lane narrowly missing the car in-front of me, and was then accelerating at maximum up a hill passing cars like they were standing still. Being a bit unfamiliar with the car and startled, I instinctively reached for the gear changer on the column to move the selector into neutral, but the selector in this car was on the center console, so I accidentally turned on the wipers ... :eek:.

So there I was accelerating uncontrollably up the hill with the wipers flapping. I had to do something so next I jammed on the brakes. They didn't slow me down much. But it bought me time to turn the wipers off, get my bearings, and try to pull the gas pedal up by reaching behind it with the tip of my shoe. No effect! It was just floppy, not stuck to the floor mat or anything like that. Great ! Now what? I thought. With the brakes and gas both on full I didn't want to move the selector into neutral or I might have blown the engine and transmission, so I hit the gas pedal to the floor a few times in an attempt to unstick it, and after a couple of tries it unstuck, just in time to stop for the red light at the top of the hill. Whew!

So I foiled their plans this time :cool: ! But now I have a bad toothache and a dental appointment coming up in a couple of days, and I don't recall any movie scenes with dentists that go well for the protagonist :( .

P.S. I'd also been joking with this same lady how the black helicopters had been following us because they were often flying either directly over us or near us for several weeks. This was probably sheer coincidence, but she didn't know about any of this spooky Ufolore, so it was fun to fill her in on some of the dogma. And I almost forgot to mention that a few days back it felt like something small took a couple of steps over me on my bed. I was lying in the dark thinking about how I'm going to get this lousy tooth fixed without any dental coverage when it happened, so I wasn't asleep. I mentioned it to this same lady friend who said she had experienced the same thing at about the same time at her place too! Weird.

Last edited:
I'm cancelling my membership to your website!! :)
All memberships are free for a lifetime, so there's no way to cancel. Let's just hope this doesn't turn into a grade-b horror movie. Or maybe that could be fun ... I dunno. I was getting a bit bored so maybe it would make life more interesting ... lol

Last edited:
So the only way out of it is to die and I want out of it so I'm not marked for death by association to you,so basically I'm screwed! :)

@ufology , please let me know if you ever come to Iowa, so I can, ah, make arrangements to be elsewhere. Glad you're okay, though, that sounds a bit scary.

@ufology , please let me know if you ever come to Iowa, so I can, ah, make arrangements to be elsewhere. Glad you're okay, though, that sounds a bit scary.
When I've heard similar stories on the news or seen it in movies, I thought to myself, "Oh that's ridiculous, I could have handled that no problem", but then when it suddenly actually happened, I didn't handle it as smoothly as I had imagined I would. I also don't really chalk it up to anything sinister. I couldn't stay sane if I really thought "they" were out to get me. But if I should meet some odd end, I figure the black helicopters and car scene would make a good addition to the subsequent drama, so why not record it for posterity ... lol.

Today I jokingly wrote in an email to a friend that they, ( you know them ), had either sabotaged the car I was driving in order to silence me about UFOs, or that it had become possessed and tried to kill me. Yup it was just like a bad movie! It really happened.

I had dropped off a lady friend at the airport and was driving her car back to her place. While accelerating down an on ramp to merge into traffic, the accelerator stuck full throttle to the floor causing me to zoom out unexpectedly. I swerved into the center lane narrowly missing the car in-front of me, and was then accelerating at maximum up a hill passing cars like they were standing still. Being a bit unfamiliar with the car and startled, I instinctively reached for the gear changer on the column to move the selector into neutral, but the selector in this car was on the center console, so I accidentally turned on the wipers ... :eek:.

So there I was accelerating uncontrollably up the hill with the wipers flapping. I had to do something so next I jammed on the brakes. They didn't slow me down much. But it bought me time to turn the wipers off, get my bearings, and try to pull the gas pedal up by reaching behind it with the tip of my shoe. No effect! It was just floppy, not stuck to the floor mat or anything like that. Great ! Now what? I thought. With the brakes and gas both on full I didn't want to move the selector into neutral or I might have blown the engine and transmission, so I hit the gas pedal to the floor a few times in an attempt to unstick it, and after a couple of tries it unstuck, just in time to stop for the red light at the top of the hill. Whew!

So I foiled their plans this time :cool: ! But now I have a bad toothache and a dental appointment coming up in a couple of days, and I don't recall any movie scenes with dentists that go well for the protagonist :( .

P.S. I'd also been joking with this same lady how the black helicopters had been following us because they were often flying either directly over us or near us for several weeks. This was probably sheer coincidence, but she didn't know about any of this spooky Ufolore, so it was fun to fill her in on some of the dogma. And I almost forgot to mention that a few days back it felt like something small took a couple of steps over me on my bed. I was lying in the dark thinking about how I'm going to get this lousy tooth fixed without any dental coverage when it happened, so I wasn't asleep. I mentioned it to this same lady friend who said she had experienced the same thing at about the same time at her place too! Weird.
Holy crap man you OK? If you're talking about the exit from the airport onto Deerfoot, that's bad news at the best of times.

Nearly had my truck run off the road coming back from out east, and that was late at night.

Didst thou recently taketh out an life insurance policy ? Is thine beneficiary a person of good morals ?

Holy crap man you OK? If you're talking about the exit from the airport onto Deerfoot, that's bad news at the best of times.

Nearly had my truck run off the road coming back from out east, and that was late at night.
This was the onramp from Crowchild south to Bow Trail west. It turns fairly sharply off Crowchild and dips down as the main traffic on Bow comes up from the underpass making the traffic to merge into hard to see. It's normally no big problem, but there happened to be a long line of cars that came along right then, and just enough room to squeeze in up ahead, which is why I gave it some gas, and that's when the thrill ride started.

This was the onramp from Crowchild south to Bow Trail west. It turns fairly sharply off Crowchild and dips down as the main traffic on Bow comes up from the underpass making the traffic to merge into hard to see. It's normally no big problem, but there happened to be a long line of cars that came along right then, and just enough room to squeeze in up ahead, which is why I gave it some gas, and that's when the thrill ride started.
I know it well... glad you're safe!

Back