• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

archie comics changes

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
When I was young I used to read archie;
Recently I rediscovered the comic to find a host of changes
1 miss grundy has died
2 kevin keller a gay teen has joined the gang
3 archie is dating valerie (afro american member of josie and the pussycats)
4 achie has told her "I love you"
So post your thoughts on these changes and any changes in you fave book comic or tv show.
Bob

I had a decent comic book collection as a kid. I stupidly sold that collection, and with it probably thousands of dollars of eBay riches. Oh well.

I had the Archie comics. I had Thor and Aqua Man and of course Batman and Superman. The original Xmen and all the
DC comics when it came to superhero's. I even had some off beat comics that would depict the serious superheros in comedy situations. I was a comic book fanatic as a kid. I started to try and collect some as an adult. But, it wasn't near as much fun and of course I was looking for comics that were "worth something" unlike childhood where they were all worth something. ;) I still have a few that I "found" again as an adult. But, there's nothing like being a kid and back then comics were our videos and media. I would get an ice cream cone and a comic and go to my grandparents and I would be in heaven. ;)

You could set a clock to it archie wanting to take bolth betty and veronica to the prom..hatch some crazy plotm only to fail and miss grundy gixes him detention.but now.. miss grundy hass died and he has a serios love. Even in his crazy world life goes on...

The continuity that we knew in comics as a kid is completely gone. I can't think of a single character that hasn't been modernized several times already. Kill them off, bring them back, collapse universes, etc., etc., etc. The old heroes get retooled for the current generation. Some of it is pretty good but a lot of it obviously isn't for kids.

My current reading list:
Saucer Country - The comic this forum should have written.
Dark Shadows - Yes and it is good. Nothing to do with Tim Burton's version.
The Shadow - Better than you would think.
Flash Gordon Zietgiest -
X-O Manowar - Just restarting in a revamp after years of absence.
Irredeemable - What if someone with the powers of the Silver-age Superman lost their mind? Dark to say the least.
Winter Solider
Captain America
The Mighty Thor

I had a couple dozen issues of old Archie comic books many years ago. Had no idea they are still being made. I got em' when my mom bought me a giant box of comic books at a garage sale. One of the comics in that box was an issue of Fantastic Four that was supposedly worth $800 (Would be a lot more now I suppose). But mine didn't have a cover and I came to discover that with that missing it was worth precisely $0. :) Eventually I sold the ones I could and threw the others away.

That reminds me, i used to have a T-shirt with this on it

tumblr_mbgaq2Gmmf1qh1c8ko1_500.jpg

Well almost, it didnt have the heart and had the words Mmmmmm Oh Batman under the characters who were identical to the ones in this pic

I stopped wearing it when a woman on the bus abused me while covering her sons eyes with her hand

Yes I designed and printed those Batman and Robin shirts my self many years ago with the Mmmm Oh Batman speech bubble, I will actually be printing them again soon, if you want one write to [email protected]
That reminds me, i used to have a T-shirt with this on it

tumblr_mbgaq2Gmmf1qh1c8ko1_500.jpg

Well almost, it didnt have the heart and had the words Mmmmmm Oh Batman under the characters who were identical to the ones in this picyes i designed and printed those shirts myself with the MmmmmOh Batman speech bubble

Back