• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 5, 2015 — George Wingfield

I am looking for an answer that means that everyone is right. or in other words where no one is lying.*

I am convinced that the problem is one of language or description.

for example when we talk about "Alien" technology. the word Alien is interchangeable with a lot of words e.g foreign technology.
The tradition of using "foreign or alien" technology is as old as fighting itself, that is why humans are as successful as they are, we are the best "replicators" of both mechanics and attitude. To cut a long story short I believe that Roswell involved "Alien Technology" however those "Aliens" were German.

Its not the incident itself that is important its what happens after, what it spawns if you like, the "after effects" of Roswell and the "famous" UFO cases are what make them so fascinating, it seems like they are contagious, and that a lot of people are "personally" affected by them, even today.

I think there is some strong evidence to suggest that the greater your "belief" in something the more "real" it becomes.
Maybe we need to redefine what is real, but unfortunately that is easier said than done.

*As in seemingly genuine people who swear that they have seen something extraordinary.

This thread was supposed to be about the George Wingfield interview I apologise for sidetracking it.
to get back on topic, regarding the Cash Landrum incident I read that the "object" displayed some characteristics with a hot air balloon:

"The object, intensely bright and a dull metallic silver, was shaped like a huge upright diamond, about the size of the Dayton water tower, with its top and bottom cut off so that they were flat rather than pointed. Small blue lights ringed the center, and periodically over the next few minutes flames shot out of the bottom, flaring outward, creating the effect of a large cone. Every time the fire dissipated, the UFO floated a few feet downwards toward the road. But when the flames blasted out again, the object rose about the same distance.
"**

Maybe I have Balloons on the brain.
Below is a kind of THW "Balloon"
3248545550_a3f195c55c.jpg

Ghost Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**source: Cash-Landrum incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Han's suggestion that the Cash-Landrum mystery object may have been a hot air balloon is most intriguing. Its movement as regards descent and, later, ascent sounds very like such a balloon. If this was a THW based on a customized hot air balloon it evidently carried additional burners which blasted flames downward giving it a fearsome appearance --dangerous though, as this could've caught the whole thing on fire! Hot air balloons can be made in any shape as we know so a large diamond is entirely possible. It would have to have been unmanned and remote controlled if this was a THW and one assumes it would have had to be air launched from one of the Chinook helicopters. Why such a thing would be released and tested there in Texas is a further mystery unless it got released from the helicopter by mistake.

A further question, if this was indeed a THW, is what was its true function? Maybe it was designed to emit strong non-ionizing radiation --say submillimeter-- which was meant to kill or seriously disable anyone (like the Iranian guards of the U.S. hostages) who approached it. Such a THW was obviously totally dissimilar to the object which landed in Rendlesham Forest on 12/26/1980 but that too may have been, potentially, equally lethal as an emitter of submillimeter radiation. This whole thing gets curiouser and curiouser.

Well it's certainly one of the most frightening thoughts you can imagine, but whether or not that's what happened is another matter. But the impact those '47 cases had in establishing a socio-cultural narrative and new meme needs some evaluation. How do you feel about the idea of aliens being here?

But I agree. I'm tired of the return visits to that era unless you've got something radically new, and would much rather see other eras, and other categories taken on more frequently. That being said, if you look through the back catalogue of the show there's not too many stories, time periods, investigators, categories of paranormal shenanigans that hasn't been taken on already by the Paracast's many hosts. I would think it's hard to create weekly guest scenarios without being repetitive.

What do you think should be/could be covered - a full examination of Keyhoe's book and themes? Put it out there and let's see that ETH get some props as it needs it.
Well, As I've said before this is not going to be a popular opinion at all but, this is what I believe based on my own personal understanding of all of these things. I don't think we have been visited by extraterrestrials "over and over". There may have been a few ancient or early cases. But I think that the 1947 incidents were singular visitation. Like I've said before they were refugees they came here to stay. It's not very sexy or very "Star Trek" but it's more likely and more realistic. All of the stuff that happened up through the 50s were probably THEM. Including the Barney and Betty Hill case and probably as far up as Travis Walton. I think that private industry (think tanks) and not the government is in control of the " information" now. I don't think there was a crash at Roswell but I do think that there was some kind of information exchange (or possibly a crash) later On. There Were minutes from an Air Force meeting in which an official said "I wish one had crashed because I'd like to know what the damn things are" I saw this on some program about Roswell. I wish I could remember the specifics. I really think there's something parked out in solar orbit somewhere probably against the astroid belt. I think there is physical evidence waiting for to be discovered out there however crazy that may sound.
.....SO my Point about all of this is that we need to focus on this as being a singular event and not some nebulous phenomenon or or phenomenons because we're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off Theorizing.

Back