• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 12, 2015 — Shop Talk 2015 with Burnt State

Free episodes:

perhaps through some advance filtering of data, and noting key events, time, dates, location, temperature, natural disasters, etc...you might be able to determine, with some degree of probability, WHERE or WHEN, an event is prone to take place...THEN use that information for the "hard research."

agreed. What we used to know about data has changed dramatically in the age of Big Data. Now that we can work through enormous chunks of data there are endless opportunities to explore, predict, categorize, intersect, cross-reference etc., in ways that were simply unheard of in the past. Given the high end mysterious nature of UFO's one would think that there may be some very interesting revelations that may come out from a fine filtering of the data and asking new questions about it. We may not see those results for some time, or as hinted in his last TED talk, results of such mining in fact are already known and will be released in the next year or so - i know, promises, promises, but still, it was Vallee himself who made the statement so let's see what unfolds.

If all that UFO data falls to nothingness then that's a lot of years collecting reports for nothing. One would like to think that the cases will be filtered in such a way that those that represent hard data in terms of radar and other telemetry may produce some very unique results especially when juxtaposed up against any conceivable data bank you can think of be it astronomical patterns i.e. solar flares, global weather patterns - really anything you can imagine could be intersected with historical UFO sightings. There's the possibility for determining the conditions of the UFO appearance as you suggest. It certainly is the next best step to take imho.

To fail to see what Vallee is suggesting, and to mock it, and call it worthless is everything that is wrong about the Paracast.
i don't think a one off comment that could be coloured by other personal situations is not a reason to damn the entirety of the show. If anything, there's a lot more damning and misunderstanding of Vallee and his contributions to be found here on the forums than on the show. Vallee has been on the Paracast and given his due, and when referenced in the past on the show his contributions are well acknowledged.

He asked to give "one reason why the aliens would need to abduct millions of people, rather than just a few" because "surely after a few cotton swabs they could figure everything out and never have to resort to fear and scoop marks"….
This is actually one of Vallee's own arguments against the ETH that such a volume of appearances, soil samples, abductions and the use of primitive methodologies, as Chris referenced on the show, is really a ridiculous way to operate, and certainly not a scientific tactic or strategy at all. It is one of those obvious features of UFO & alien lore that should make us scratch our heads and say wtf? It really does not make sense at all.

Have you ever thought that the missing component here is individual consciousness? If, somehow, the "aliens" are after consciousness, it would make TOTAL SENSE they would abduct millions of people, because consciousness is personal, mine would be different than yours. Additionally, perhaps the experiment is to see how fear and the dark nature of the abduction plays on consciousness. A cotton swab would be useless here, where as a murky vague terrifying experience complete with a mark, might be useful.
hmmm…you're definitely looking at creative options for their persistence but then really, how many abductions do you need to commit to prove that humans are fearful and that they generally respond one of two ways: space brother fandom or intense paranoia and disgust? But if you want to get at consciousness then this again strikes me as purely primitive methodology. Engage us philosophically, invade our dreams and give us psych tests or allow us to communicate our consciousness by interacting with us, not turning us into lab rats. Do you think humans are getting any profound insights into animal consciousness with any of our clinical tortures? No, there's something else going on here, either something deeply internal as far as human experience goes, or a subterfuge on the highest of orders.

"This is actually one of Vallee's own arguments against the ETH that such a volume of appearances, soil samples, abductions and the use of primitive methodologies, as Chris referenced on the show, is really a ridiculous way to operate, and certainly not a scientific tactic or strategy at all. It is one of those obvious features of UFO & alien lore that should make us scratch our heads and say wtf? It really does not make sense at all."

Perhaps it is not suppose to make sense, perhaps looking at how, we humans, adapt and respond to the absurd is part of their evaluation of us. We are learning that sub-atomic science does not conform to norms, it is very chaotic and often appears to not make sense, advanced lifeforms might be full of even more absurd notions. Seeing how we respond to absurd and gauging our capacity to think through the phenomena is a thoughtful rebuttal to the childish remarks that everything is rubbish and doesn't make sense, if we are dealing with...x, y, or z.

We can land a man on the moon and have totally deciphered the genetic code, this is pretty advanced stuff, yet we still keep monkeys in the same primitive cages and prick them with the same needles that we did in the 1900's, therefore the idea that "biological study" has to keep up with "nano technology" is laughable...I am sorry.

This idea that the phenomena has to conform to "our" concept of science and methodology is simply us projecting our expectations on it/them, which, when you think deeply about it, is a really stupid thing to do!

For example, I was once on the radio with Norio and he was whining, that "UFOs have been coming here from the 40's and taking soil samples, and abducting people." He argued, "how many years will it take them to figure this out, it has been 70 already"

I told him, "this assumes they conform or exist in our space time, 24 hour day, continuum"

My point: if we are dealing with advanced space travelers who can traverse the stars, there is a good possibility they can warp time and space. It is stupid to think because the UFO mystery has haunted us since 1947 (or earlier), it must be the same amount of time for them....perhaps this is all just a weekend experiment for them, but a 100 year nightmare for us. Once you get outside the bubble of conventional thinking, all bets are off, including scoop marks and fearful encounters. (How do we know they even know what fear is?)...

Don Ecker also made a funny, but good point...."No one said they ever had to be rational or sane!"

Last edited:
Hmm, if they don't want living cells and whatnot from healthy human bodies, I suppose it's possible that they're interested in how human minds work. The only way to reproduce human consciousness, though, would be to reproduce humans or human hybrids from the zygote up (I'm forgetting if the zygote is the fertilized egg, but that's what I mean). Consciousness develops through the interaction of living organisms with their physical environments, so to develop human-like consciousness -- embodied human consciousness -- the newborn humans or hybrids produced would need to grow up and develop in environmental niches that met their innate needs (at least on the human side) -- needs for the nurturing that has evolved in our evolutionary forebears, often much better at it than present-day humans are. If that's the goal of the abductors, they would also have needed to produce a world environmentally similar enough to earth to foster these developing humans or human hybrids. It can't be done in a laboratory.

So it could be that the decades (or centuries) of specimen-gathering of plants, soils, animals, microbes, etc. living on earth, and the testing of the water available on earth, were part of the process of developing a planetary environment in which humans or human hybrids could be grown and develop consciousness and mind of the sort common in humans. It could be that what's left of a species of life that visits earth is on its last legs physically, using robots to sample earth's environment in order to simulate it adequately so as to support life of our kind and other kinds evolved in our ecosystem. Maybe the now-faltering organically evolved species that developed et technologies (of artificial intelligence and for space travel) are merely trying to go back in time, closer to what nature gave them in their original natural environments (perhaps enough like ours to have been similar in their past to what we are now, what we have now) or perhaps finding the prolific environment of earth much more desireable than any other natural world they've yet encountered). If something like that were going on, it would make sense of the earlier sampling of many living botanical and biological tissues constituting earth's prolific and interdependent environment, culminating in the harvesting of human tissues in the abductions of recent years. I don't think they're that interested in 'us'. Perhaps they just want to regain life and experience like ours if they've nearly lost it. Why should they want to "invade our dreams"? Maybe they just want to be able to dream again themselves.

Last edited:
It's interesting how we often paint the alien as somehow wanting to get back into their own social gene pool that which we already have, like you don't always now what you've got till it's gone. In this way those indifferent aliens paved over their paradise, put up a flying saucer manufacturing centres and now are busy trying to reclaim emotions and other things that humans are naturally abundant with but unappreciative of. I blame our historic representations of the greys for this: many of their reports are about cold ships, indifferent creatures who are even colder, doing things in an unfeeling manner for our own good etc. Paradoxically there are all these other abduction reports where the grey puts their hand on the abductee who suddenly feels total love and bliss like someone just dropped heaps of ecstasy into the bloodstream.

Still the idea of us having compassion for them is a little bizarre. Obviously, given all their high fangled technology, they are obviously well aware of their impact on the abductees, and I'm sure they've all read Communion by now and are probably using that as a cover story of sorts. So they are torturers then?

There are some anomalous cases where the tech they use appears to be highly sophisticated and non-invasive as opposed to rudimentary poking and prodding. I do think the nano-tech piece holds sway though. After all, if you can come all this way with advanced tech then a) why on earth send lifeforms when bots and probes will give you more than what you need b) it's still easier to get what you need with much less unobtrusive methods that don't give people bad dreams. Why all the hiding in the shadows, but then you stick in the anal probe so we remember it all? So lot's of paradox abounds IMHO.

Absurdity is better nomenclature. For the whole thing is Theatre of the Absurd - senseless actions repeated ad infinitum. And yes it could all be a weekend for them but then why all the disguises, different methodologies, different crafts, different aliens - all just pre-programmed camouflage or are their manufacturing cycles and planned obsolescence just operating at a much different rate than our tech? Again - more paradox.

We keep monkeys in cages because we are cruel and inhumane. In this way we have a lot in common with alien culture, in fact way too much in common if you ask me. What they to do humans, supposedly, most closely mirrors stories of ritual satanic abuse, all the same features and characteristics. So if anything their story is more archetypal and mythic in terms of a role in the culture and perhaps not so much about completing actual data collection. Too much credit is given over to alien science that looks none too magical way too often.

It's also true they don't have to be rational or same, again just like us - go figure, but that means they actually aren't into science, just torture, and really purposeless torture from the talking momkey's perspective, which does make them into demons once again. And are they dressing up then and putting on the S&M show just for our benefit or for cheap thrills? Absurd is the word. And at some point in time our reasonable thinking about it will either yield something sensible to gain traction on, or we will evolve as a species once we've figured out the koan they've been beating us with.

To be honest I think it's time for us to reverse the narrative and see how they like it for a change, or wait a second maybe that's what they're trying to teach us about the monkeys? Oh well, can't waste a good image:
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
We keep monkeys in cages because we are cruel and inhumane. In this way we have a lot in common with alien culture, in fact way too much in common if you ask me. What they to do humans, supposedly, most closely mirrors stories of ritual satanic abuse, all the same features and characteristics. So if anything their story is more archetypal and mythic in terms of a role in the culture and perhaps not so much about completing actual data collection. Too much credit is given over to alien science that looks none too magical way too often."

I like my hypothesis better. Most humans are sane and have a healthy appreciation of life, social harmony, and natural beauty. Most humans neither torment others nor desire to be tormented themselves.

Absurd is the word. And at some point in time our reasonable thinking about it will either yield something sensible to gain traction on, or we will evolve as a species once we've figured out the koan they've been beating us with.

Evolve to what? Another spacefaring species of androids beating what wisdom? what life-enhancing values? into another species like our present-day selves? It's a vast leap of faith you place in entities such as the bizarre controllers and tormenters you imagine to be behind the ufo phenomena.

It's interesting how we often paint the alien as somehow wanting to get back into their own social gene pool that which we already have, like you don't always now what you've got till it's gone. In this way those indifferent aliens paved over their paradise, put up a flying saucer manufacturing centres and now are busy trying to reclaim emotions and other things that humans are naturally abundant with but unappreciative of. I blame our historic representations of the greys for this: many of their reports are about cold ships, indifferent creatures who are even colder, doing things in an unfeeling manner for our own good etc. Paradoxically there are all these other abduction reports where the grey puts their hand on the abductee who suddenly feels total love and bliss like someone just dropped heaps of ecstasy into the bloodstream.

Still the idea of us having compassion for them is a little bizarre. Obviously, given all their high fangled technology, they are obviously well aware of their impact on the abductees, and I'm sure they've all read Communion by now and are probably using that as a cover story of sorts. So they are torturers then?

There are some anomalous cases where the tech they use appears to be highly sophisticated and non-invasive as opposed to rudimentary poking and prodding. I do think the nano-tech piece holds sway though. After all, if you can come all this way with advanced tech then a) why on earth send lifeforms when bots and probes will give you more than what you need b) it's still easier to get what you need with much less unobtrusive methods that don't give people bad dreams. Why all the hiding in the shadows, but then you stick in the anal probe so we remember it all? So lot's of paradox abounds IMHO.

Absurdity is better nomenclature. For the whole thing is Theatre of the Absurd - senseless actions repeated ad infinitum. And yes it could all be a weekend for them but then why all the disguises, different methodologies, different crafts, different aliens - all just pre-programmed camouflage or are their manufacturing cycles and planned obsolescence just operating at a much different rate than our tech? Again - more paradox.

We keep monkeys in cages because we are cruel and inhumane. In this way we have a lot in common with alien culture, in fact way too much in common if you ask me. What they to do humans, supposedly, most closely mirrors stories of ritual satanic abuse, all the same features and characteristics. So if anything their story is more archetypal and mythic in terms of a role in the culture and perhaps not so much about completing actual data collection. Too much credit is given over to alien science that looks none too magical way too often.

It's also true they don't have to be rational or same, again just like us - go figure, but that means they actually aren't into science, just torture, and really purposeless torture from the talking momkey's perspective, which does make them into demons once again. And are they dressing up then and putting on the S&M show just for our benefit or for cheap thrills? Absurd is the word. And at some point in time our reasonable thinking about it will either yield something sensible to gain traction on, or we will evolve as a species once we've figured out the koan they've been beating us with.

To be honest I think it's time for us to reverse the narrative and see how they like it for a change, or wait a second maybe that's what they're trying to teach us about the monkeys? Oh well, can't waste a good image:
hqdefault.jpg
Burnt, according to Paul Hellyer we may have up to 80 extraterrestrial races visiting us. He does state that there are a few nasties among them but for the most part the ETs are benevolent and looking out for our best interests.

How does all this jive with aliens probing our belly buttons and impregnating our earthly females??

Long time listener... but not even a lurker on the forums... I did however feel compelled to post today.

I feel compelled to criticize the past episode. I will keep it short.

This episode was the least professional offering so far. The first half was a complete waste of time.
Too often recently the show has been a useless bitch-fest.
Also I don't think people will be inclined to help get the San Luis valley project off the ground when the calls for help are peppered with such sour, acidic and bitter observations about the world.
Who wants to get involved with such seemingly negative people?

I will stop there although there were some other inappropriate comments fielded.

Now for something positive.

Chris and Gene, you are both immensely qualified to do what you are doing. Many people appreciate it. Your listeners also understand how frustration and jaded attitudes can manifest.
I sincerely hope that you both can find some kind of passion and positivity moving forward.

There is something to be said for putting positivity out there and getting some back.
Put too much negativity out there and that is what you will get back.

I support calling out those that promote BS in this field of inquiry.
I however think that a positive attitude will let you move on from calling out the same people for the same BS every episode and replace the broadcast time with info that is relevant to moving the topic forward.

I put forward a challenge to freshen up the show. Get out of the dark funk it seems to be mired in.

I apologize, I do wish you guys the best.

Long time listener... but not even a lurker on the forums... I did however feel compelled to post today.

This episode was the least professional offering so far. The first half was a complete waste of time.
Also I don't think people will be inclined to help get the San Luis valley project off the ground when the calls for help are peppered with such sour, acidic and bitter observations about the world.

I will stop there although there were some other inappropriate comments fielded.

Chris and Gene, you are both immensely qualified to do what you are doing. Many people appreciate it. Your listeners also understand how frustration and jaded attitudes can manifest.
I sincerely hope that you both can find some kind of passion and positivity moving forward.

There is something to be said for putting positivity out there and getting some back.

I however think that a positive attitude will let you move on from calling out the same people for the same BS every episode and replace the broadcast time with info that is relevant to moving the topic forward.

I put forward a challenge to freshen up the show. Get out of the dark funk it seems to be mired in.

One of the big problems AP with the ufo field, as I see it, is that virtually anyone can call themself an expert. No degree is necessary. You often have to wade through a ton of crap to find one kernel of truth. That can very frustration at times.

The Paracast is one of the finer podcasts to listen to if you want to hear a wide range of subjects. You might disagree with some of the guests and even the hosts from time to time but it does make you think outside the box occasionally. What more can you ask for?

One of the big problems AP with the ufo field, as I see it, is that virtually anyone can call themself an expert. No degree is necessary. You often have to wade through a ton of crap to find one kernel of truth. That can very frustration at times.

The Paracast is one of the finer podcasts to listen to if you want to hear a wide range of subjects. You might disagree with some of the guests and even the hosts from time to time but it does make you think outside the box occasionally. What more can you ask for?

I'm just trying to encourage Gene and Chris to stay on track and not get bogged down in negativity.

Have to agree with your post. I'm thinking it was difficult for Chris to muster enthusiasm for the show this last week given an incredible loss. So onward we go. But the "doom and gloom" we all feel periodically can be useless unless it's contained in it's proper box/perspective. My only fear to what was talked about with the current climate of our world is that unless we calm things down both in our personal lives and our community at large we only create that feared event/crises.
As to the "doom and gloom" of the paranormal world, we get what we crave. If all we talk about is Roswell Slides then that's the level we get. But having said that, there's a real push both intentionally and pitchfork in hand crowd that's hopping on the slogan that there's less to be curious about in this field and it's more likely a mundane explanation to be had. Granted I only visit a few sights each day but there's a theme going on and I have to wonder of it's origins, possibly some of the more prominent thinkers within the field that are basically shaping this doom and gloom, this grouchy, almost arrogant dismissal of previous work for a more "sane and within reach" explanation to UFO's. It kind of resonates with the "I want the answer now" attitude we all tend to have. We're not doing the field any good by harping so much along those lines. We need to be vigilant in seeking the people that are really working this phenomena and discuss what there working on. Get some scientists on the show. And as forum posters we could post more on the positive stuff and less on the drama within the field. I know a few of us tried to do that in the thread "Beams of Light." We attempted to bring in people from the science perspective. I'm sure more can be found. The Paracast has this unique opportunity of being looked at as the cutting edge of all things paranormal. Or....it can be looked at as just another bitch fest in the making.

I like my hypothesis better. Most humans are sane and have a healthy appreciation of life, social harmony, and natural beauty. Most humans neither torment others nor desire to be tormented themselves.
It's quite possible we live on two different planet earths or we see the reality we choose but most humans are actually indifferent, love their privilege and will do little to give it up. It doesn't take a lot to end world povert, disease or hunger but all those living in the middle class lap of luxury don't want to give up their consumer harmony. Same goes for racism, sexual assault, homophobia inducing young male teen suicide...these are all preventable events but we sit comfortably in living room with remote controls in hand, automatons of the man, and do little to rebel against the real pain and misery endured by neighbours around the corner.

I also see people happily lining up at grocery stores purchasing packaged meat from super farms without thinking twice about the quality of life that those animals are suffering from birth to death. So yes people like to hang their aboriginal art up in their million dollar homes but don't really care too much that Inuit kids are sniffing gasoline or that their suicide rates, along with those of queer youth, are off the charts. If you check out the detention centers where immigrants are forced to live in way down under in Australia you'll find that while many Aussies are living comfortably amongst their natural beauty the people in the detention centers are committing self-harm by sewing their mouths shut and even kids are cutting their throats. So forgive me if I say that most humans, IMHO, are indifferent at best.

Evolve to what? Another spacefaring species of androids beating what wisdom? what life-enhancing values? into another species like our present-day selves? It's a vast leap of faith you place in entities such as the bizarre controllers and tormenters you imagine to be behind the ufo phenomena.
well, for starters, if we felt that in fact we were being probed, after being stolen from our bedrooms and traumatized by another species, then maybe we might engage in some self-reflection and stop doing the same or equivalent of to the many other species on this planet, including our own. I have no faith in "alien tormentors." This is all just speculation and commentary about one possible paradigm where we think that aliens actually are abducting people; because, if we believe that then we certainly can't see them as beneficial or nice or wanting to care for us. Does the torturer care for the tortured? Does the definer have any feelings about the defined? If we are going to embrace this model of alien visitation then we should think it through in a critical manner as what we imagine the aliens to be doing to us is what we do everyday to other lifeforms and then that model is at least worthy of some self-reflection of humanitarian proportions.

Burnt, according to Paul Hellyer we may have up to 80 extraterrestrial races visiting us. He does state that there are a few nasties among them but for the most part the ETs are benevolent and looking out for our best interests.

How does all this jive with aliens probing our belly buttons and impregnating our earthly females??
Paul Hellyer's obviously been smoking the strong stuff for way too long - where does he get these numbers from? I mean any decent research at Albert Rosales' site tells us that there have to be at least over a thousand different kind of aliens showing up here on good old planet earth. And if the majority of them were space brothers why the hell haven't they taught us to be nice to each other, stop dropping bombs, maiming and raping both other people, animals and the planet?

Consequently there's even more delusional thinking regarding human hybrids, alien female impregnating, the lost alien love child syndrome etc. All this stuff seems to be more about extensions of our own inhumanity to each other at best.

There is a school of thought that says that the warring, belligerent humans are new, freshly minted souls to the planet. The more peace loving humans are older, more advanced souls, if you will.

Apologies in advance for commenting without reading the entirety of the thread. But Burnt State's comment here speaks to something which bothers me about discussions regarding possible alien intelligences: "... certainly not a scientific tactic or strategy at all."

What evidence do we have that these intelligences (if they do exist) are strictly and obsessively motivated by our understanding of science? I mean one could make a good argument that H. sapiens is pretty advanced scientifically, yet when we went to the moon we planted a flag, read a poem, and whacked a golf ball for pity's sake.

The idea that any flying saucer occupants must be ultra-rational and scientific seems just as fallacious, to me, as that they must be extra-terrestrial. (sorry about the typos - getting over a nasty bug and i cannot type well under the best of circumstances)

Perfectly stated...

Homerun

Back