• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 1, 2018 — Stanton T. Friedman with J. Randall Murphy

Being that I think you do a really good job as co-host and you are easy on the ears, I would love for you to stay. As long you are ok with Gene's situation. Stay with the program until you no longer enjoy it and/or until you are no longer comfortable with Gene's situation :)
There is no situation that needs to be discussed.

I didn't say anybody needs to be discussing a situation. I told Randall (in so many words) to stay - unless he's uncomfortable with something on your end. I didn't say he, you or we need to discuss anything.
There is nothing to discuss as Gene has said. He deleted Chris post, and others, so let's just let it be, Light.

From the very first day I asked for donations, I’ve confronted hate messages and fear mongering. Getting involved in those discussions only advances their agendas. That’s why I keep such discussions to a minimum. It’s hard enough as it is to cope with the situation.

Getting back to that youtube video on the "Giant UFO in Yukon Territory , 1996 " the frontloading of the eyewitness as being E.T.H and watching the elderly chap who seems to not give a damn about the hoax theory. More plausible drone technology .

@Randall - remember when the Allagash case was thought to have been one of the most credible cases? I was one of the ones that was fooled by it. Just goes to show how sincere & honest multiple witnesses can be.

I was wondering about the Falcon Lake reference. This was surprising:
New $20 coin captures one of Canada's closest UFO encounters
That's pretty cool & surprising. I've found the common theme with all these cases that I used to believe. The story in and of itself (including the witness) sounds solid & believable. Then after the fact I find out another set of facts that I never knew about before (like with Travis Walton; the act of God clause & how they were behind in their contract, how the National Enquirer had a UFO contest with a cash prize, how the Betty & Barney Hill TV movie just debuted 15 days earlier) that makes me change how I feel about the entire case. With Falcon Lake, I know there was the fact that this guy was a drunk & I believe something else, I'd have to go back and revisit the details.

We've lost Mike,Chris and god knows who else.The show and the subjects it discusses seem to my eyes to have become a little bit jaded at the moment.I do hope it's just a temporary dip.

Ya, I think it was a hoax.

If you take a very good look at the pictures of the burns on his skin and the burns on the shirt, they just don't match. The size, the spacing, and the number of dots, especially the bottom row, just don't work. And the shirt would have had to be at a very unnatural position on his body - they are high up on his shirt, right below the neckline, but on his body start under the ribcage.

And the icing on the cake for me was considering the angle that he said the grating was at, and trying to work out the funky angle he would have had to hold is body in to make everything line up - he essentially would have had to be limboing under the craft to make it work in my mind.

Which bummed me out because I liked this case.

I’ve also read that Travis Walton may have had financial troubles and have always thought that running to a UFO investigator first seemed a bit fishy. It’s a bit like Patterson & Gimlin being out in the woods trying to make a Bigfoot movie and then just happen to see a Bigfoot. Go figure.

If you have to ask why the answer is almost always money. The second most common answer is for attention.

I liked Interrupted Journey but my impression is that the story may have morphed since then with the constant retelling and attention over the years. Could be wrong about that.

The details of the RCMP officer’s encounter with Michalak doesn’t exactly add to his credibility. I will say that I’ve been plenty s***faced and never hallucinated. It does lower inhibitions so maybe if there is some creative storytelling involved here it was probably already in the oven and the alcohol let it out.

Oh - and I've been plenty lit up on that fine Canadian beer while visiting the Great White North. Great stuff. Thank god that coin isn't is common circulation. I've had a hard enough time counting dollar coins and multicolored bills with beerfingers. Ovoids with glittery stuff on it sound like what you'd use to buy a tribble at a space station bar.

Ya, I think it was a hoax.

If you take a very good look at the pictures of the burns on his skin and the burns on the shirt, they just don't match. The size, the spacing, and the number of dots, especially the bottom row, just don't work. And the shirt would have had to be at a very unnatural position on his body - they are high up on his shirt, right below the neckline, but on his body start under the ribcage.

And the icing on the cake for me was considering the angle that he said the grating was at, and trying to work out the funky angle he would have had to hold is body in to make everything line up - he essentially would have had to be limboing under the craft to make it work in my mind.

Which bummed me out because I liked this case.
All good points, thank you. I can see some scenario where he's drunk & quasi-camping in the woods and fell face first onto a tiny grill or something - or something along those lines. Back in the day, I was a proponent of the case as well. Seems like every last case I thought was authentic has crumbled like a cookie.

I liked Interrupted Journey but my impression is that the story may have morphed since then with the constant retelling and attention over the years.
Just a few of the things that don't make sense about the Hill story to me are; the winglets on the UFO. They are VERY 1950's sci-fi'ish. What purpose would those have on an interstellar aircraft? (but they seem to fit right into that era's typical flying saucers). And then the aliens wearing ball caps? C'mon - again, that's very Forbidden Planet-ish. And then try this where you live; go to the closest airport, and get near the landing path at night time. Bring binoculars with you. Try and aim them at the cockpit and see just how well you'd be able to see the pilots faces (you cant is the point). Yet Barney was able to see all the crew members staring back at him. Then chime in the fact that Betty believed her cat had the power of flight and POOF! there goes that entire case.

All good points, thank you. I can see some scenario where he's drunk & quasi-camping in the woods and fell face first onto a tiny grill or something - or something along those lines. Back in the day, I was a proponent of the case as well. Seems like every last case I thought was authentic has crumbled like a cookie.
I'm pretty sure it was a camping waffle iron. Had one as a kid.

I'm pretty sure it was a camping waffle iron. Had one as a kid.
Ha. Really? Again, what's more likely; drunk & fall face first onto camping grill while cooking or....you're the one guy in the history of time on the entire planet that had a flying saucer from another planet land in front of you & scorches you with their exhaust ports & then flies away back into outer space? Are both possible? Yes. Is one more likely than the other? Yes.

Ha. Really? Again, what's more likely; drunk & fall face first onto camping grill while cooking or....you're the one guy in the history of time on the entire planet that had a flying saucer from another planet land in front of you & scorches you with their exhaust ports & then flies away back into outer space? Are both possible? Yes. Is one more likely than the other? Yes.
Something like this:
antique_cast_iron_et_asterisk_pattern_fireplace_campfire_waffle_iron_fire_pie_1_lgw.jpg

But with a shape like this electric one around the bottom:
images

Back