• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years

There was a book in my elementary schools library, I used to take out alot. I remember the illustrations in the book of a small town going about it's business, except there were trolls hiding and lurking about in each page. The only other thing I can recall is the ending of the book, where a storm blows in over a body of water- showing trolls in the storm clouds. I tried finding this book online, but with so little to go on- impossible.

roughly what decade was this?
did the book seem new or old?
was it hard back or soft cover?
was it large or small?
was it more pictures than text?
was it full colour or black and white?
did the "trolls" interact with people? or were they always hidden?
if they did interact were they good or bad?

I would also suggest looking at children's book illustrators who have depicted "trolls/elves/little people" because there is a chance the same illustrator did other similar books.

best wishes.

For my part I cherish my first edition fungus the bogeyman book, now falling apart at the seams, which in fungus's eyes would be wholly appropriate.

roughly what decade was this?
did the book seem new or old?
was it hard back or soft cover?
was it large or small?
was it more pictures than text?
was it full colour or black and white?
did the "trolls" interact with people? or were they always hidden?
if they did interact were they good or bad?

I would also suggest looking at children's book illustrators who have depicted "trolls/elves/little people" because there is a chance the same illustrator did other similar books.

best wishes.

also what type of troll? and illustrations could point out country or area of origin.

ps: I want that book!!!

I ate your elf on the shelf « Bits and Pieces
i-ate-the-elf_small.jpg

whoa thats a strong story any news of her now ?
i wonder what she remembers if anything? be good to see if you can get her on the show if its true or thats one bad acid trip she took those years ago

IMO, anyone trying to climb, especially down, in that type of terrain and especially in the nude--well what can I say ?

As for Iceland, sounds like a very interesting place indeed.

Last edited:
Back