• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Another Noob

Celeste

Skilled Investigator
Hi, all! I'm Celeste, a new member, but have been listening to the podcasts on iTunes for a few months. I've been a very long time listener to paranormal radio talk shows and more recently to various podcasts. I've followed UFO news and stories since the original Star Trek was on and as a young teen, I saw the story of Betty and Barney Hill in some sort of Inquirer-type paper. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi, all! I'm Celeste, a new member, but have been listening to the podcasts on iTunes for a few months. I've been a very long time listener to paranormal radio talk shows and more recently to various podcasts. I've followed UFO news and stories since the original Star Trek was on and as a young teen, I saw the story of Betty and Barney Hill in some sort of Inquirer-type paper. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the forum! You sound like you have been into the subjects long enough to consider yourself a graduate of newbie land :cool:. I have stayed here with the Paracast because even though there are a lot of other forums out there, I like the format of the forum and together with the show with Gene and Chris, it just tops my list. Well that, and for some unknown reason they've decided to keep me around even when I ruffle a few feathers :D. I hope you have some very worthwhile discussions :).

Hi Celeste, glad you cam join us. It's nice to think that I'm still watching original Star Trek episodes and enjoying the UFO and paranormal fields and you have been doing so from a little before I was born. I like the continuity that different people, in different places and from slightly different decades, are enjoying being fascinated by the same events etc. Look forward to hearing from you in the forum Celeste.

Thanks for the welcome. I listened to the podcast with the comments about involving more women and younger people. I've got half of that covered. I can't claim to be a scientist, but I'm always interested in what is possible. Star Trek has been an institution since I was a teen. While we all know how silly and lame parts of it were, it still inspired and fired up the imaginations of countless people.

I am all for helping the membership be less white and male, but to be honest, who knows what the sex and colour of many members might be? Many people are very careful with their online details.

Hi Celeste. It's great that you're here and I think you'll have months of interesting listening ahead of you in the podcast archives. Do not mind the guys freaking out about how you are female, that's just how they were brought up and it is a passing concern at the moment on the forum. Post often, or if you don't, enjoy reading around these great archives.

I am all for helping the membership be less white and male, but to be honest, who knows what the sex and colour of many members might be? Many people are very careful with their online details.

Very true. One never knows the true details of the members. Good plan, really. I'm not hiding a thing. White, female, but not all that young.

Hi Celeste. It's great that you're here and I think you'll have months of interesting listening ahead of you in the podcast archives. Do not mind the guys freaking out about how you are female, that's just how they were brought up and it is a passing concern at the moment on the forum. Post often, or if you don't, enjoy reading around these great archives.

Glad to be here. I don't know about posting often. I'm a nurse, but not particularly strong in the areas of physics or chemistry or math, for that matter. I'm still trying to wade through some of the posts and scope things out. Seems like a very scientific bunch. But I'm definitely going back into the archives and listening. I really liked the forum roundtable discussion. Good stuff.

Welcome to the forum.
One of the strengths of this forum is the wide variety of posters with lots of knowledge in different areas, I have learned an awful lot by asking questions.
Never be afraid to ask anything.

A little about me:

Race: Human

Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum.
One of the strengths of this forum is the wide variety of posters with lots of knowledge in different areas, I have learned an awful lot by asking questions.
Never be afraid to ask anything.

A little about me:

Race: Human

Best wishes.
I'd like to settle for being medium aged myself. I'm going to start trying that on....good points about asking questions. I've also learned so much by just running through old threads. Much of the good stuff has already been said.

Yeah Burnt and it's about time we heard you back on a show - many of us pale in comparison to your intellect and I don't hand out false compliments - you always have something valuable to contribute and you are very relaxed and confident on-air.

@Wade - I haven't given up on getting you on a roundtable or some show someday!:p

Yeah Burnt and it's about time we heard you back on a show - many of us pale in comparison to your intellect and I don't hand out false compliments - you always have something valuable to contribute and you are very relaxed and confident on-air.

@Wade - I haven't given up on getting you on a roundtable or some show someday!:p

It's hard for me in regards to my work schedule and I don't even have a Skype connection but if that time ever does come I'll be sure to tell you guys about the time that Jim Belushi siced the cops on me for stealing his diamonds.

Yes I'm being facetious but not by a lot.

Back