• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

An interesting comparison

noddwyd

Skilled Investigator
I was reading an interesting book the other day, and I came across something that surprised me, coming from a ufologist, anyway.

Something to the effect of, the witness, "'..cannot have known that European witnesses tend to describe tall blonde beings...', just as she had."

Later on in the book, the author again makes a distinction, saying that it is mainly the US, or at least the Americas, that report abductions by or sightings of 'greys'.

I wonder if there is any truth behind this, and if so, are there any implications.

I've noticed in general that most of the people involved in this field seem to be convinced that its all about the 'greys', and anything else is fakery or insane nonsense.

There can't be anyone onboard these craft that look eerily similar to us, but still slightly different, can there? Nah, no way.

After all, a scientist would say that an alien intelligence from who knows where, would have to look completely, well, 'alien', right?

Just for fun, let's leap to conclusions about this.

Obviously people reporting seeing these beings could mean a lot of things, just as the presense of the 'greys' could mean a lot of things.

One possibility is that these 'blondes' are merely a product of genetic experiments on us by the 'greys', an idea which just brings just right back to the idea that it's all about them.

Another possibility is that these are in fact members of humanity, from here, who advanced way beyond us in the distant past and left earth(or not).

And finally, they are 'aliens', and in fact, they don't look like us, we look like them.

Daddy?

edit:
sorry for the tone, I actually take these issues quite seriously.

Greys are perhaps reported more often in the US than elsewhere but it's by no means exclusive. Grey-like beings are reported quite a bit in South America. There are even some Australian cases of such encounters. Meanwhile Human-like beings have been reported on-and-off in North America as well. In his own experience, Travis Walton reported seeing both Grey-like aliens AND humanoids.

There's also the notion of screen memory to contend with. My personal theory with Walton is that the second group of aliens may in fact have been the grey-like beings he encountered earlier but that they realized their appearance shocked him so they created an illusiary appearance of normal humans when they encountered him a second time.

Yes, I agree that these so called 'grey' beings can manipulate our perception of them, to the degree that we let them (out of fear, or whatever.)

But I think that both this, and the previously suggested scenario are probably happening.

so the varied implications still stand, to my eyes.

I was reading an interesting book the other day, and I came across something that surprised me, coming from a ufologist, anyway.

Something to the effect of, the witness, "'..cannot have known that European witnesses tend to describe tall blonde beings...', just as she had."

Later on in the book, the author again makes a distinction, saying that it is mainly the US, or at least the Americas, that report abductions by or sightings of 'greys'.

I wonder if there is any truth behind this, and if so, are there any implications. The greys if they exist and we have no real photographs or video to prove that only evidence no facts as yet as far as i know.Experciencer's report the greys as being grey huge black eyes and a large head what i cant understand is when other experciencers claim what they saw where child lke beings that looked like children are these the same type of group of alien what is the deal with that i ask you how can the greys and this type of being be the same the grey looks like a different species to that type i mentioned but there is similar characteristics when you look at the pictures.The blondes i havent really thought much about that is there more white people witnessing this type of phenomen maybe research needs to be done and if it is proven more white people witness this phenomen we must find out why if we can.:question:

"Grey" is a catch-all term for any kind of short, large-eyed, large headed (proportionally) entity BUT the individual descriptions often vary quite a bit. So it could mean that there are great number of similar beings performing similar abductions OR that the individual abductee is colouring the encounter somehow through internal filters OR that it is indeed some kind of psychological phenomenon making the "aliens" the individual imaginings of the "abductee" OR something else entirely for which we have no data.

"Grey" is a catch-all term for any kind of short, large-eyed, large headed (proportionally) entity BUT the individual descriptions often vary quite a bit. So it could mean that there are great number of similar beings performing similar abductions OR that the individual abductee is colouring the encounter somehow through internal filters OR that it is indeed some kind of psychological phenomenon making the "aliens" the individual imaginings of the "abductee" OR something else entirely for which we have no data.
Internal filters by the individual is a logical conclusion that i would agree with, but is that the real answer who knows

Greys are perhaps reported more often in the US than elsewhere but it's by no means exclusive. Grey-like beings are reported quite a bit in South America. There are even some Australian cases of such encounters. Meanwhile Human-like beings have been reported on-and-off in North America as well. In his own experience, Travis Walton reported seeing both Grey-like aliens AND humanoids.

There's also the notion of screen memory to contend with. My personal theory with Walton is that the second group of aliens may in fact have been the grey-like beings he encountered earlier but that they realized their appearance shocked him so they created an illusiary appearance of normal humans when they encountered him a second time.

After reading more and more about him, I thought the very same thing. Weird.... Makes sense though.

After reading more and more about him, I thought the very same thing. Weird.... Makes sense though.

Well the thing that makes me think that (and maybe it's the same for you) is that Walton reports the humans he encountered had very piercing eyes. Now if I had just encountered a small, spindly being with huge red/gold eyes, I would very much think that if I encountered relatively ordinary humans moments later their eyes would seem quite uninteresting by comparison.

Well the thing that makes me think that (and maybe it's the same for you) is that Walton reports the humans he encountered had very piercing eyes. Now if I had just encountered a small, spindly being with huge red/gold eyes, I would very much think that if I encountered relatively ordinary humans moments later their eyes would seem quite uninteresting by comparison.

I think that's a theory that might apply to other "blonde" sightings only because I think all theories should remain on the table and to me that one makes a lot of sense.

Also, when those beings are nearly physically confronted by Walton they leave and then someone "else" comes back, it would certainly make a lot of sense for them to just leave, develop their plan and come back knowing how sensitive Walton, and other humans, are to their visual senses.

In Walton's case that might be possible, but then the description of 'piercing eyes' is not enough for me to think it was just the greys taking on an appearance for him.

If there are civilizations of humans or very near humans out there that are much older than ours or even just a few thousand years older, I would expect them to have become more knowledgable and aware than we are. That in itself could account for this description of them as having a peircing gaze.

Again, looking at this from a scientific point of view, it would be near impossible for an alien species to look just like us by simple chance. There would have to be something more to it than that, in fact probably even a very close genetic relationship.

The phrase 'let us make man in our own image' may have a bit more meaning than any of us think.

In Walton's case that might be possible, but then the description of 'piercing eyes' is not enough for me to think it was just the greys taking on an appearance for him.

But the behaviour of the "humans" was basically identical to that of the "greys" encountered earlier (ie no talking, clinical, unemotional, etc). That's the two basic points for my theory. I could still be wrong of course, we'll never know.

Back