• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

An entire Dr. Leir episode enquiring about the Brazilian episode of 20th Jan 1996

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
I believe it was only a few weeks ago now (or it may have been A J's last visit to the show) that we heard the story about the "Brazilian Roswell", featuring a crashed craft with creatures and autopsies and even a death after touching one of these creatures.

Its a pretty amazing case. So anyway Im just about done with Timothy Goods book "Need to Know" and he mentions this Brazilian case and cites Dr Leir as having a pretty major role in interviewing one of the doctors that treated one of the creatures in the hospital.

Good includes a decent chunk of an interview that Dr Leir conducted and its pretty darn interesting. I just figured that since Dr Leir seems to be a somewhat semi regular guest would it be out of the question to devote at least half an episode to hearing what he found out from this doctor?

Just found this thread and bumping it. Has this happened on a show since? If not, I would like to ask if Gene read Good's book and what his thoughts are about that story? I remember it being a pretty vivd account with civilian doctor witness testimony.

...ah, just found it in the archive, gonna give it a listen now. Still, what are peoples thoughts on this case?

You talking about the 1996 Varginha case? If so, there's a lot more to it than the hospital doctor's testimony cited above. More than 20 witnesses are on the record as having variously seen or interacted with the creatures, including a number who worked at the hospital. Tim Good was one of several researchers who spent time in Varginha investigating and following up witnesses.

I was in Brazil in 2006 and was mildly surprised to discover this incident is widely known about and accepted in the mainstream, and almost everyone you might meet socially, at a business meeting or in a bar knows about it and considers it genuine. I don't know of any comparable case in North America or Europe of which this is true.

The real expert on this case is A. J. Gevaerd.

The Varginha case is one of my favourites because it contains all the elements we've come to expect. Crashed UFO, dead and dying critters, MIBs and US involvement to acquire the bodies. Bob Pratt has the most detailed online article at MUFON... Varginha

[QUOTEThe craft was traveling north, almost parallel to the highway, at forty to fifty miles an hour. It was silver-colored and appeared to be thirty to forty feet long and twelve to fifteen wide.

It had at least four windows along the side and what looked like a big jagged hole four or five feet in diameter in the front. There was a long dent or crack running from the hole back to the middle of the craft, from which point white smoke or vapor was coming out.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of Dr Leir with his implants and never seen pieces of Roswell spacecraft, he's somewhat like Lloyd Pye in my opinion. If he's got anything new to say about Varginha, I'd still be all ears.

Back