• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alleged Alien Video

CapnG

Devil's Advocate
Didn't see this up on the board yet. Normally I wouldn't give something like this the time of day but it was supposedly recorded on live tv in Argentina.

I cry CGI on this one, there's something in the lack of weight to the being's steps, the uniform limb movements and the weird point to point glide it does suggesting a complete disconnection with the enviroment it's in.

I guess the key word in your original post is 'supposedly', the news report may have been live, I'd say the creature is anything but.

I cry CGI on this one, there's something in the lack of weight to the being's steps, the uniform limb movements and the weird point to point glide it does suggesting a complete disconnection with the enviroment it's in.

I guess the key word in your original post is 'supposedly', the news report may have been live, I'd say the creature is anything but.

Even if we had absolute knowledge that this film was not tampered with in any way shape or form it does not provide evidence of an "alien." It provides evidence for a blurry indistinct form stumbling in the background which could be virtually anything. The information contained in the video is insufficient to determine the exact nature and certainly not the "origin" of the thing in the background. I just had an exchange with Joe Capps about the "night crawler" alien video from that fellows front yard shown in Fact or Faked. Joe sees something he can't explain and suddenly "Its an Alien!" Good grief. We need a new designation like Unknown Camera Artifact or Unknown Image or something.

I'd like to know why people spend the time, money, and energy to produce fake UFO, Alien, and other paranormal photos and videos. Some are done as part of art projects. Some are done as pranks. Some are done just because they can I guess. I'd like to fine each and every one of these jokers and put the money into a fund that would do actual scientific investigation. Grrrr.

The "tell" for me was that the shadow has more density than the object creating it. CGI.

(Although I think it was a cleverly done project.)

How people could call this an "alien video" I have no idea. Fuck there are some moronic fucks who have an interest in this stuff.

Unbelievable.

(not u capn - youre just the messenger. Although I wouldnt have posted it myself. Well maybe with a different thread title ;))

Even if we had absolute knowledge that this film was not tampered with in any way shape or form it does not provide evidence of an "alien." It provides evidence for a blurry indistinct form stumbling in the background which could be virtually anything. The information contained in the video is insufficient to determine the exact nature and certainly not the "origin" of the thing in the background. I just had an exchange with Joe Capps about the "night crawler" alien video from that fellows front yard shown in Fact or Faked. Joe sees something he can't explain and suddenly "Its an Alien!" Good grief. We need a new designation like Unknown Camera Artifact or Unknown Image or something.

I'd like to know why people spend the time, money, and energy to produce fake UFO, Alien, and other paranormal photos and videos. Some are done as part of art projects. Some are done as pranks. Some are done just because they can I guess. I'd like to fine each and every one of these jokers and put the money into a fund that would do actual scientific investigation. Grrrr.

I totally agree, in fact before even ranting about the hokey-ness of the (supposed) cgi, ruling out a man in a wetsuit going for a leisurely stroll would be best starting point.

Hell, I'd almost go as far as saying I'd love to see a world where no video/info is posted without knowing the source.

I am so friggen sick and tired of CGI and geeks in their mom's basement *j*king off alone and making silly CGI videos. 1 CGI video poisens the pool for the rest of the field.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

RygyWa said:
I am so friggen sick and tired of CGI and geeks in their mom's basement *j*king off alone and making silly CGI videos. 1 CGI video poisens the pool for the rest of the field.
:mad::mad::mad:

Who agrees we need a website or blog to list and document the 100,000 to 1,000,000 HOAXES put online in the past 15 years.

:mad::mad:

Is it just my eyesight, or does this so-called alien appear to be walking with hiking/ski poles, or crutches? Perhaps his UFO crashed, and he's recovering from injuries sustained in the crash? Quick, someone call Dr. Greer to administer first aid.

How people could call this an "alien video" I have no idea. Fuck there are some moronic fucks who have an interest in this stuff.

Unbelievable.

(not u capn - youre just the messenger. Although I wouldnt have posted it myself. Well maybe with a different thread title ;))

For the record it looks fake to me too. Speaking as someone who's done animation the "sliding feet" thing is a common problem for rookies (and not-so-rookies :redface:). Also the lolling motion of the stride indicates an animation cycle and not the actual movement of someone walking over rough terrain. Mostly it was the claim of "live TV" that caught my attention.

If nothing else, it's good for a laugh if you're in the right mood.

Any video that needs a musical soundtrack is bunk--it tells me that the editor/creator of the video is too self-important to realize how their "creativity" leads to incredulity.

Yes, this is fake.

How rookie is this fake?

Shadows. Look at the shadows.

Instead of me revealing the obvious error, can anyone take the overly obvious hint and explain why this is fake?

You guys are all crazy this is the most important film ever shot! Holy Crap! Thats a real alien in the background!

I typed that with a straight face and everything! The sad part is that somebody out there actually watched this and said that.

Didn't see this up on the board yet. Normally I wouldn't give something like this the time of day but it was supposedly recorded on live tv in Argentina.

It looks like a bipedal "person" walking a legless dog, or a seal? Do they walk seals there?

Back