• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens on the Moon? (oh my!)

Others on the moon might not be interested in us/earth at all. I'd say follow the helium-3 (scarce on earth but plentiful on 'our' moon).

I personnally have a less sharp point of view about these moon anomalies. On one hand, yes it may not make obvious sense but on another hand we don't know anything about the way any hypothetic aliens might be travelling and their logic, and if looking for a place close to the earth without any disturbance the moon is quite a good candidate... IMHO the point is as with UFOs, one should also pay attention to bits of evidence, as subtle they may be, suggesting there may be something more than meets the eye.

ps: I'm not sure that all the pictures showed were from the dark side, nor that several nation mapped the whole surface of the moon with real good accuracy.
At least four countries besides the US has done mapping missions of the lunar surface since 1990.

Oh, and the Soviet Union before then, too.

Exploration of the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The LOLA topo map of the moon was done and released to the public and is the most accurate done, and although isn't the whole moon, it's accuracy is 1.5 meters, or about 5 feet.

Weren't the greys about that size? ;)

Others on the moon might not be interested in us/earth at all. I'd say follow the helium-3 (scarce on earth but plentiful on 'our' moon).
If you want helium-3 and you have the means to get around, you'd mine the gas giants, not the moon. Uranus could be the key to colonizing the outer solar system.

It's just that the moon is really close and the gas giants really far away.

The LOLA topo map of the moon was done and released to the public and is the most accurate done, and although isn't the whole moon, it's accuracy is 1.5 meters, or about 5 feet.

If so, one should definitely use it to verify the photos which seem to show artificial structures, providing it's possible to identify their precise location...If not possible, I'd personnally suspend my judgment. ;)

If you want helium-3 and you have the means to get around, you'd mine the gas giants, not the moon. Uranus could be the key to colonizing the outer solar system.

It's just that the moon is really close and the gas giants really far away.

Would it be as easy to mine helium-3 on gas giants as it is on the solid surface of the moon?

Would it be as easy to mine helium-3 on gas giants as it is on the solid surface of the moon?
One would think that separating it from gas would be energetically cheaper than crushing it and separating it from regolith.

Plus there would be a lot more of it, and regolith strip mining would be pretty easy to see.

If so, one should definitely use it to verify the photos which seem to show artificial structures, providing it's possible to identify their precise location...If not possible, I'd personnally suspend my judgment. ;)
I'm not saying it's not possible, just not probable.

I'd actually look for ancient evidence, perhaps from earlier terrestrial civilizations.

Like I said, stuff stays put there.

One would think that separating it from gas would be energetically cheaper than crushing it and separating it from regolith.

Interesting speculation, but merely speculation, concerning how advanced ets would mine materials from gas giants.

Plus there would be a lot more of it, and regolith strip mining would be pretty easy to see.[/QUOTE]

A good reason for another species to mine Luna's 'dark side'. Besides, we have no idea what photographic evidence NASA holds relating to regolith strip mining on the moon, do we?

Interesting speculation, but merely speculation, concerning how advanced ets would mine materials from gas giants.

Plus there would be a lot more of it, and regolith strip mining would be pretty easy to see.
A good reason for another species to mine Luna's 'dark side'. Besides, we have no idea what photographic evidence NASA holds relating to regolith strip mining on the moon, do we?
Strip mines are pretty to see from orbit, and you actually need a lot of regolith to get trace elements of helium-3.

It comes from the sun and collects on the surface so you'd have to disturb the surface quite a bit.

Ever see the movie "moon?".

Strip mines are pretty to see from orbit, and you actually need a lot of regolith to get trace elements of helium-3.

It comes from the sun and collects on the surface so you'd have to disturb the surface quite a bit.

Ever see the movie "moon?".

Haven't seen the movie.

As someone else pointed out recently in this thread, we don't [especially we the public don't] possess a comprehensive photographic record of the whole surface of the moon. You and I are playing tennis with a ball we can't see. Gotta go now.

Haven't seen the movie.

As someone else pointed out recently in this thread, we don't [especially we the public don't] possess a comprehensive photographic record of the whole surface of the moon. You and I are playing tennis with a ball we can't see. Gotta go now.
I believe we've imaged the whole thing mostly, just to varying degrees of detail.

same source.

80fe98cd0bb2bf42a8358ee9e1220061.jpg

Aye righto then.

I was just checking Mike Bara's bio, and he says the show was based on his book:
"Most recently Mike appeared on NBC/Universal’s SyFy Network on the special Aliens on the Moon: The Truth Revealed, alongside NASA astronaut and American hero Buzz Aldrin. The show was based primarily on his 2012 book Ancient Aliens on the Moon."
Mike Bara.com: Bio

Is that true?

I was just checking Mike Bara's bio, and he says the show was based on his book:
"Most recently Mike appeared on NBC/Universal’s SyFy Network on the special Aliens on the Moon: The Truth Revealed, alongside NASA astronaut and American hero Buzz Aldrin. The show was based primarily on his 2012 book Ancient Aliens on the Moon."
Mike Bara.com: Bio

Is that true?

Hell NO it's not true. Bara is full of it if he stated that.

Decker

I just saw the documentary and I thought it was pretty good, if a bit sensationalistic in the Ancient Aliens style. Some of the images are compelling, particularly the tower and smoke stack from the far side of the moon taken by that Russian probe.

Also, the Phobos monolith and the demise of the Russian Phobos probe(s) was interesting.

Back