• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien physiology

As a side note, if you guys, or anyone here in the forums, feels frustrated or agitated in anyway by impromptu debates or sudden differences of opinion they may have with me, let me know so that we can just wrap that up. I didn't pick up much of that from this exchange, but it worries me. There's no reason to have those types of exchanges if everyone's not having fun. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, up or down, if anyone's correct or nobody's correct, it doesn't change anything. That's a little more postmodern than some folks like, I know; but, it keeps everything fun and friendly, and that's the whole point of an interest-based community forum.

No problems with it at all, from my POV anyway, I don't mind differences of opinion at all, especially when they're argued from a scientific point of view and not from a belief or religious perspective. I agree that at least big picture wise, it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong, we don't know everything and all we can do is use our own individual reasoning, experiences and intelligence to support our point of view and let the chips fall where they may. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our thoughts and opinions are based on a number of different factors and there's no reason to demand or expect that others will adopt our own particular brand of truth or opinions or whatever you want to call it.

I think parallel evolution is a likely answer.
As has been mentioned there is growing evidence for panspermia.

DNA seems to express itself here in parallels.

Reptiles , birds and mammals all have one head and two eyes, a body with 4 limbs.

I've always quite liked the idea of an ancient proto-race 'seeding' planets with DNA. If that DNA was only identical at the start, it might explain how after a long time, in some places, a kind of similar morphology prevails and you can sometimes end up with similar but different bipeds.

Perhaps this original DNA has programming of it's own - it is almost destined to produce 'us' after some time?

This whole idea about similar looking aliens used to bother me but now I feel there are enough possible explanations that are no more weird than ET life coming here, i.e if we can accept there might be ET's visiting Earth from wherever, them having similar bodies is no great leap.

On the lore end, the life seeding alien is cool, but it's knee-jerk. It seems like too easy of an explanation for something so modern. The idea that aliens may actually be reaching into the subconscious mind to project an image for themselves, even if they may not have total control of that image, which still results in a monstrous form that also shifts from person to person, is more mysterious and interesting.

The life seeding aliens, though, work. I just think it's vulnerable to too many questions with physical answers. It would certainly be interesting, given some of the stories that contactees tell, for there to be a civilization that manages to keep records on experiments for three billion years. They must be really right brained.

I've always quite liked the idea of an ancient proto-race 'seeding' planets with DNA. If that DNA was only identical at the start, it might explain how after a long time, in some places, a kind of similar morphology prevails and you can sometimes end up with similar but different bipeds.

Perhaps this original DNA has programming of it's own - it is almost destined to produce 'us' after some time?

This whole idea about similar looking aliens used to bother me but now I feel there are enough possible explanations that are no more weird than ET life coming here, i.e if we can accept there might be ET's visiting Earth from wherever, them having similar bodies is no great leap.

Me too, but more from a sci-fi/storytelling perspective than as an actual idea about the beginnings of life in the universe. Just for the sake of clarity that's not what I was advocating, there's a big difference between panspermia (which doesn't require anyone to set it in motion) and directed panspermia (which does) I don't think you were implying that's what I was saying I just felt it necessary to put that out there because some people hear panspermia and think you believe that aliens were running around seeding life in the galaxy, and while I think it's a cool idea I don't think it's likely that's what happened.

The reason I'm not into debating it with anyone is that nobody knows for sure, we don't have enough data to fill out all the variables in the equation. At this point it's more of a question of whether you think it's likely or not. I tend to think it's possible, maybe not probable, but definitely possible and until we get more data I don't think anyone can say with any certainty that there's absolutely no chance that beings could develop elsewhere in the galaxy that have physical features that are similar to ours. Kind of like the ET phenomenon in general we need more evidence and information before we can be sure one way or the other. I try not to speak in absolutes unless those absolutes can be backed up by hard facts, I don't always succeed, but I do try.

As a side note, if you guys, or anyone here in the forums, feels frustrated or agitated in anyway by impromptu debates or sudden differences of opinion they may have with me, let me know so that we can just wrap that up. I didn't pick up much of that from this exchange, but it worries me. There's no reason to have those types of exchanges if everyone's not having fun. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, up or down, if anyone's correct or nobody's correct, it doesn't change anything. That's a little more postmodern than some folks like, I know; but, it keeps everything fun and friendly, and that's the whole point of an interest-based community forum.

No problems here. In fact I look for your posts because you make so many good points without losing your composure when confronted with views dissimilar to your own. For me this makes for some of the most valuable exchanges. I'd even be happy to pick up on a couple points we've left behind ( for example your view on truth ).

Another idea, that these creatures are but probes themselves- created/engineered for space travel as humanoid (as not to appear monstrous) by another intelligence- collecting data and samples of our world.

Another idea, that these creatures are but probes themselves- created/engineered for space travel as humanoid (as not to appear monstrous) by another intelligence- collecting data and samples of our world.

I tend to agree. I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that there could be an AI component to some of these sightings, particularly the orbs. The one I saw gave me the impression that it was itself an intelligent craft, and not simply a piloted vehicle. I say that because it was fairly small and incredibly fast. Unless it had some sort of inertial dampening mechanism, there is no way a biological organism could survive the g-forces.

Abductee's often claim a lack of emotion- going about almost robotic in nature. Could explain alot, as far as surviving time and distance between stars. Of course there are the many sightings of enormous craft- one tends to think there must be more to such a ship than a glorified probe.

Abductee's often claim a lack of emotion- going about almost robotic in nature. Could explain alot, as far as surviving time and distance between stars. Of course there are the many sightings of enormous craft- one tends to think there must be more to such a ship than a glorified probe.

We're on the same page. I think it's entirely possible that the AI probes are launched from mother ships just like the saucers. The probes are like our drones, the saucers are like our carrier launched aircraft, and the mother ships are like freaking aircraft carriers that can go into space. I once saw some kind of large orbiting object and called the local planetarium. They had no idea what it was. I saw it several times over the course of a week and then it was gone. It was like the ISS but bigger and brighter and in an entirely different orbit. I think these things come into our orbit from time to time and most people never notice them or they think they're satellites or space stations or some curiosity, so they go unreported to the news.

We're on the same page. I think it's entirely possible that the AI probes are launched from mother ships just like the saucers. The probes are like our drones, the saucers are like our carrier launched aircraft, and the mother ships are like freaking aircraft carriers that can go into space. I once saw some kind of large orbiting object and called the local planetarium. They had no idea what it was. I saw it several times over the course of a week and then it was gone. It was like the ISS but bigger and brighter and in an entirely different orbit. I think these things come into our orbit from time to time and most people never notice them or they think they're satellites or space stations or some curiosity, so they go unreported to the news.

I've been catching up in the "black triangle" forum. Some very interesting descriptions- a couple from people who only came on to post their experience, (message count only one or two posts) So many similiar sightings from "everyday folks" not generally interested in this topic, I can't help but think of Ben Rich's comments before his death, and wonder if these "triangle vehicles" aren't part of the technology he was hinting at. Yet, the acceleration described, would turn a human pilot into a milkshake.
I have little doubt there is an extra-intelligence involved, in some way- the maddening part is trying to seperate that which is being mistaken for advanced earthly technology with the above.

@Muadib - yes, agreed totally.

Although I can go for the 'active alien panspermia' theory, I can also go with the meteor with DNA or even just amino acids etc. Also, just as any body of liquid water in the galaxy can be subject to waves and ripples and currents, I think it might be possible for evolution in totally different places to throw up similar traits and morphology etc. It's not a good analogy but it's just to illustrate that there are many outside factors which affect evolution and these outside factors can be present almost everywhere where life is.

I've been catching up in the "black triangle" forum. Some very interesting descriptions- a couple from people who only came on to post their experience, (message count only one or two posts) So many similiar sightings from "everyday folks" not generally interested in this topic, I can't help but think of Ben Rich's comments before his death, and wonder if these "triangle vehicles" aren't part of the technology he was hinting at. Yet, the acceleration described, would turn a human pilot into a milkshake.
I have little doubt there is an extra-intelligence involved, in some way- the maddening part is trying to seperate that which is being mistaken for advanced earthly technology with the above.

Again, we're on the same page. That's one of the reasons I tend to focus my reasoning for the reality of UFOs on Early Modern Era sightings. Back then we could be entirely sure that at least some of the craft weren't being manufactured by our IMC ( Industrial Military Complex ). These days it's a lot harder to be so sure. I tend to think that secret terrestrial technology is still way behind that of UFOs, but then again, we're making strides very quickly now and any day there could be a breakthrough that results in something almost indistinguishable.

@Ufology - I agree with the above post and in addition to that reasoning, pre-widespread digital tech days provided us with photos and videos that are at least more believable in as much as it was far harder and more expensive and time-consuming, to create good fakes.

I sometimes think some of the debunkers think that those of us who believe some unidentified objects in the sky are maybe not man-made, actually like all these fake videos and pictures but that is wrong. I detest any fake passed off as genuine, unless it was specifically for a joke, and a joke that was revealed.

Why do ET's have Earthling physiology?

Physiology, or anatomy/general appearance? First, there have been alleged autopsies of deceased aliens, mentioned long before the santilli hoax by Stringfield, and the internal structure is said to be markedly different. Second, many reported entities bear no resemblance to us even externally. As for the many "humanoids" they're not surprising because 1) Earthlike conditions appear to be the prerequisite for habitability. 2) There are so many examples of homoplasy in Earth history we should expect similar morphology. Meiolania was remarkably ankylosaur-like even though it was in no way related to armored dinosaurs. Members of five mammalian orders converged to fill the anteater niche. Assuming earthlike conditions on a few ET planets there's nothing impossible or amazing about morphologically similar intelligent beings.

Are there patterns inherent in nature that would build all sentient biologicals from a kind of variable humanoid blueprint? I don't think we yet know enough to say. Long term stability of terrestrial species was still a mystery the last time I looked. Nature loves patterns. If ( a big if) abductions are indeed physical events carried out by small gray humanoids, I like the notion of grays as a kind of specialized biobot. Reported details of the gray's anatomy and behavior suggests a kind of biological tool designed for certain tasks. Perhaps they are mass produced, programmed to perform specific tasks, then recycled or returned to storage. Pure speculation. But it's fun to speculate.

Reported details of the gray's anatomy and behavior suggests a kind of biological tool designed for certain tasks. Perhaps they are mass produced, programmed to perform specific tasks, then recycled or returned to storage.

Stringfield once suggested they were produced artificially. Wouldn't be surprising. It would be a lot cheaper to design beings able to survive space than provide all kinds of life support, although there has been some, rare evidence of the latter.

Came across this yesterday

Embryo space colonization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Embryo space colonization is a theoretical interstellar space colonization concept that involves sending a robotic mission to a habitable terrestrial planet transporting frozen early-stage human embryos or the technological or biological means to create human embryos.[1] The proposal circumvents the most severe technological problems of other mainstream interstellar colonization concepts. In contrast to the sleeper ship proposal, it does not require the more technically challenging 'freezing' of fully developed humans (see cryonics).

But the logical next step would be to use local DNA instead of transporting your own,
Its more likely to be compatible with the target environment, and if the exploring species is transbiological, ie has developed a way to upload their minds to non biological substrates like machines, they can simply utilise the local biological material for any function that might require a physical presence.

Back